[1.1.9.6] Lazy physical warder

I like the approach, I don’t see a lot of resistance reductions though, you did have some in devotions before for example scales which you don’t have anymore. You spoke a bit about it earlier but that was before this change, how are you finding it now with even less resistance reduction? I’ll take your guidance here, if you say you like the newer build that’s what I’ll start with.

You can always move points around into warcry for RR if you’d like, but personally I just run without it. I mostly farm sr 80-81, and this build does so without issues. I don’t do crucible or time my speeds, but the way I have build allows me to do the content I like as safely, efficiently, and quick as I prefer, which was the point of the build

1 Like

Hi Frostx, are there other options for the rings and amulets? Thank you.

black matriarch and coven storm seal are decent alternatives for rings. Mogara’s fangs is an easily farmed MI amulet with really nice stats, just need good resists rolls

The last entry on this thread was back in October. It is one of my favorite builds. Since 1.1.9.0, the primary changes to this build are the nerfing of Prismatic Diamond and possibly Scales of Ulcama. I’m thinking of replacing the Prismatic Diamond with Leathery Hide. The life steal in Scales of Ulcama has been replaced with health regeneration. Should Oleron’s Rage be replaced with Menhir’s Bulwark which can now be used with 2-handed weapons? It would synergize with the added health regen from the Scales of Ulcama, and the damage absorption would be fantastic. This is not an easy decision because the added offense from Oleron’s rage procs many of the skills. This is not something that can be determined by a practice dummy and I don’t trust my judgement on this. If anybody plays something similar to this build or if the OP Frostx is still around, I would appreciate any input on this.

OP has a post a couple spots up that goes over an alternative devotion path without scales that he says he likes.

I like it but I really like Blind Fury from Oleron and may not be able to give it up. Its definitely worth a try though. Thanks.

I couldn’t give up olerons rage. I get the damage absorb is tempting, I just don’t see a need for it. Build is crazy tanky as is with life steal and regen. And my current setup has me at 4K OA, which I prefer and olerons is required for. I’ll personally never spec out of blind fury again, love that too much. Every time I try a different devotion path I go back.

Frostx, is your current build the one from 04/11/2020? If not could you post the new one? Please, please, please?

Recently started playing again since I got nostalgic. This is what I am currently running with all the changes since I last played:

Not sure why but grimtools not exactly matching up with ingame. Every resist is overcapped by a min of 40% except poison which is at 35% overcap. As you can see every resist sits base over 80. With procs physical resist is 61% not 57. Build is super tanky. OA with everything proced is 4009. Crafted items with stun and slow, putting stun at 78% and overcapping slow.

With over 4k OA, seeing red crits all over, anywhere from 200k to 400k, with some 500k occasionally. Just supper enjoyable and incredibly easy to pilot. Jump in and crits start flying everywhere. Very fun.

Build currently runs SR 80 naked, as the theme of the build is lazy, and I still can’t be bothered to use pots or pylons. Around 82 it gets dicey, started dyeing to bursts.

Overall, still my favorite build and if anyone still interested in update, there it is. Thanks

2 Likes

For example Elemental Res you can have higher than in Grim Tools because it shows average rolls not actual rolls. There’s no seed to precise in-game rolls translation in GT tools and programs. It’s the same for Titan Quest.

Not sure about Poison because you don’t seem to have any gear with it but maybe you have some crafting bonuses which are also not shown in Grim Tools but I’d rather suspect different augment because 12% difference (35% vs 23% is 12% which is a value on multiple augments)

Another option is you playing on GoG and not updating the game to 1.1.9.6 :thinking: but you did update the title to 1.1.9.6 so that’s probably not the case

You were right I had an augment wrong on the pants, which I now corrected, but cant figure out why elemental resist are off by 12-13. Must be what you were referring to with average not actual rolls. Not a huge deal. The grimtools is pretty close to ingame and gives a good representation of the overall build.

I’m still interested and thank you.

Love the build but you have like 20 more skill points than me which is impossible:D

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Then you haven’t done those quests which give extra skill points as part of their rewards.

Also are you just playing the base game or do you have the expansions as well? That makes a difference to the amount of points you’ll have available.

I have all the expansions and it’s my 6th character. I follow this link for this: Grim Dawn Checklist. Usually I miss 3 skill points at the end from quests. But 20 is a bit much:D

Hmm it has 248 points which is correct. I will check further sorry for the disturbance.

Grim Tools displays an “Invalid build” warning if you use too many.