[1.1.8.0] Mental Callidor - 2H elemental Callidor's Tempest Warlock, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make use of the Scion of Arcane Force 2H melee mace for a Warlock because it gives bonuses to both Arcanist and Occultist. I decided to use as a main skill spamming Callidor’s Tempest. As a core of the build I chose Iskandra’s set using only 4 pieces (bonuses to elemental damage, physical resistance, + skills to Arcanist and the most important of all - conversion from aether to elemental). Build also uses two green monster infrequent rings for bonuses to CT. I have managed to get huge weapon damage, huge physical resistance and nice lifesteal on this build. It kills relatively fast and despite low life its defenses are OK.

I have another build with Scion of Arcane Force here. All my builds are here.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B0MAWZ

You need prefixes on the rings with + 2 to CT. Suffixes don’t matter that much. You can always change augments and components to make it work. All affixes that I have chosen are not rare. All crafting bonuses are to freeze resistance. There is another possible version of this build with 3 MI’s here.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS from 120k to 160k

nice critical damage 57 % (75 % with Elemental Imbalance)

OK OA - around 2900 OA

55 DA reduction to enemies from Curse of Frailty

OK elemental resistance reduction from Curse of Frailty, Viper, Elemental Storm and Revenant (both devotion procs taken because of consistency of RR)

DEFENSE

low life - above 11000 HP (other stats make up for it)

OK DA close to 2900 DA

nice lifesteal 18 %

OK CC resistances with crafting bonuses to freeze resistance

capped disruption resistance using Arcane Harmony Leggins

reasonably overcapped resistances

huge physical resistance 43 %

OK armor - above 2000

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

flat damage absorption from Phoenix

% damage reduction from movement skill (rune on medal)

healing on standby from Blood of Dreeg

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

Mirror of Ereoctes (saves the day when things go tough)

Nullification

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood of Dreeg

Mental%20Callidor%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood of Dreeg and Elemental Imbalance

Mental%20Callidor%202

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood of Dreeg, Elemental Imbalance and Mirror of Ereoctes

Mental%20Callidor%203

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood of Dreeg, Elemental Imbalance and Mirror of Ereoctes

Mental%20Callidor%204

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. I tried even SR 80 with it and first three shards are easy but physical hitters in boss room are tough because it is hard to outleech them due to lower single target damage of CT.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

3 Likes

Nice build Duchy. Lower stats(resistance caps, DA etc.) than I imagined when yesterday you told me but you managed to go through SR 65 now I wonder that my Sorcerer can do it too lol I’m gonna try it :slight_smile:

Back to topic. I would use this devotion setup to be more aura like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvBXGzV revenant is kinda useless for you, tip the scales make you more survivable. And you can also get a arcanist belt from Valbury with freeze resistance(you need to cap it) and OA(plus other stats)

It is there for the 6 % ADCtH. But Scales are really great. They might be better. It has to be tried.

1 Like

You might craft Coven Vile Girdle with a freeze resist too, they have some good OA too.

Yeah I didn’t want to go too heavy into the greens. But that devo setup of yours does look better.

1 Like

When I look at it more it isn’t worth it. You lose ghoul and 5 %adcth in total. Scales will not make up for it. And vitality and pierce res are low. And I am not sure if vitality damage is converted. The modifier on Scion could only apply to Solael’s Witchblade and not in general. I don’t know which one of them is correct.

And my version does not have low res overcap. Only bleed and pierce and they don’t matter much.

You get Turtle, and with Ygraad Arcanist belt has vitality>aether conversion on it with a high amount of freeze resist. And you get one like with vitality resistance etc to get your resists back. Pierce is not that important but if you get a %25+ vitality resist on belt it’s even better.

cats

%5 adtch lost is a huge lost I’m aware but it’s just an opinion. You have a great build right now which can progress SR 65+ so you don’t need to change anything exactly.

I have a link for version with this belt in the main post as an alternative.

1 Like

Oh Sorry didn’t notice that :frowning:

1 Like