[1.1.8.0] Olexrian Judge - strong physical mage with a laser, Templar using Obliteration, SR 80+

INTODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make a viable physical mage that is fun to play. I have decided for a Templar because of physical resistance reduction on Guadians of Empyrion and on Olexra’s Flash Freeze. Build also uses Judgment and freezing enemies with OFF and then Judging them is quite a funny mechanic and clears trash immediately :slight_smile: For more usable OFF I use Arcane Conduit for it. Although OFF doesn’t work on nemesis, build is very strong against them anyway and it is great against trash and non-nemesis boses. And as a main attack skill Obliteration from Tome of Arcane Wastes is used. Guardians of Empyrion are used as well. For conversions to physical damage Beronath Reforged is used and Gladiator’s Distinction (for devotions). Build does SR 80.

I have other builds using OFF here. I have other laser builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my laser builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Albrecht the Leech – great build, aether AAR, powerful both offensively and defensively (quite tanky)

2. Albrecht the Chaotic – great build, chaos AAR, offensively noticably weaker than Leech, defensively a little weaker than Leech (this one is very tanky but slower)

3. Albrecht the Mental – great build, elemental AAR, offensively a little better than Leech, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic

4. Albrecht the Tank – good build, fire AAR, offensively similar to Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic (but better than Mental)

5. Olexrian Judge – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, physical Obliteration, offensively noticably weaker than Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Tank

6. Judge Obliterator – good build, physical Obliteration, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge (the weakest offensively of my laser builds), defensively a little better than Olexrian Judge (but a little weaker than Mental)

7. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, offensively similar to Tank, defensively noticably weaker than Judge Obliterator

8. Albrecht the Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, similar to Frozenstein both offensively and defensively

9. Pierce Mage – OK build, pierce Obliteration, offensively a little better than Judge Obliterator (and a little weaker than Olexrian Judge), defensively a little weaker than Frozenstein

Here is a list comparing all my Olexra builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Olexrian Luminari – great build, OFF + DW ranged elemental Beronath‘s Fury, offensively a little slower, defensively quite tanky (best of my OFF builds)

2. Olexrian Judge – great build, OFF + physical Obliteration and Judgment, offensively a little better than Olexrian Luminari, defensively weaker than than Olexrian Luminari

3. Olexra of Kalastor – great build, OFF + fire RoK and FoI, offensively a lot better than Olexrian Judge, defensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge

4. Olexra the Freezer - great build, OFF + cold skills, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor

5. Spinning Freezer – great build, OFF + fire EoR, offensively a little better than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer

6. Olexra of the Sky – great build, OFF + cold TSS and Devastation, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor (but better than Olexra the Freezer), defensively similar to Spinning Freezer

7. Olexra the Evil – great build, OFF + fire DEE, offensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer, defensively similar to Olexra of the Sky

8. Olexra of Vire – great build, OFF + fire Vire and Judgment, offensively a little better than Spinning Freezer (best of my OFF builds), defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer

9. Olexra of Blackwater – great build, OFF + fire BC, offensively similar to Olexra of the Sky, defensively similar to Olexra of Vire

10. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky (but better than Olexra of Vire)

11. Albrecht the Freezer – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively and defensively similar to Albrecht von Frozenstein

12. Olexra of Menhir – OK build, OFF + fire Aegis and Vire, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Luminari (weakest of my OFF builds), defensively a little behind Albrecht the Freezer

GRIMTOOLS
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyLQmqV updated version
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gjw1YN original version with no greens

Build needs one green item but it is craftable - Emberguard Gauntlets. You want bonus to casting spped and phys res. Attribute points are distributed towards cunning. You need 4 crafting bonuses to physique on sword, helm, gloves and pants otherwise points have to be redistributed! Put as few points as possible to physique and spirit and the rest into cunning.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

OK base physical damage 2000 % (goes up to 2400 %)

great critical damage 103 % (often crits around 3x multiplier)

big OA (over 3300 OA with Ascension on)

big physical resistance reduction from Assasin’s Mark, Guardians of Empyrion, Obliteration, ring and OFF - without OFF up to -110 %, with OFF up to -165 %

big DA reduction to enemies from Judgement + Annihilation - up to -336 DA

DEFENSE

OK life 13000 HP

big base DA (over 3000 DA with crafting bonuses + goes even higher with Arcane Will and Resilience active)

up to -195 OA shred to enemies - 55 OA shred from Annihilation and 140 OA shred from Shifting Sands

reasonably overcapped resistances

at least +3 to maxium all resistances

high CC resistances with Ascension on (OK without it)

capped disruption resistance using Arcane Harmony Leggings

OK armor over 2000

OK physical resistance 25 %

healing from Bat and Scales (vitality converted to physical using belt)

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

flat damage absorption from Ascension

88 % reflected damage reduction

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

Serenity

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs only

Olexrian%20Judge%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension and Ulzaad’s Decree

Olexrian%20Judge%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65 very easily. It can even do SR 80 but it is tougher. Physical hitters are becoming dangerous. Run away from Benny’s crystals and Alex’s meteor. Some enemies are slower to kill. Often in SR you have a mutator that decreases enemy’s CC resistance and with it you can freeze even nemesis. But even without it, it is OK. I use as a movement skill in SR Amatok’s Breath for freezing enemies and applying nice internal trauma damage.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

7 Likes

I salute your build with this song Hammerfall - Templar of steel

3 Likes

Oh man, Hammerfall! Lol. I havent heard them since I saw the open for Dio, who opened for King’s X in Worcester, MA back in the early 2000’s.

What a weird couple of opening acts for King’s X. Was a great show though.

Converted fake AAR! Looks interesting! Can you share a video of SR 65-66 run? I wonder what its damage like.

Usual ticks of Obliteration are around 30k I believe but everything goes down pretty fast. I would have to learn how to do videos. And I don’t really want to… Everybody can try it for themselves if they are interested. It clears SR 65-66 fast.

It’s pretty simple, download OBS, it’s free and easy to setup. That way people can really check out the build you have shared before trying it out or even leveling a char for it. One video of a build clearing SR or Crucible or even Roguelike is usually enough to showcase what build’s really like.

3 Likes

That means setting up an account on youtube and other things. I am not really interested in it.

1 Like

I looked at it closer. Ticks for Obliteration are around 15k, above 30k are crits. But still everything goes down fast. I have not had a problem with any nemesis. Did not met mad queen though in SR. But I am not good at playing against her with any build. Grava was ok, Gargabol as well.

I played with it like 10 runs in SR 65-66 and got only killed once because I lost my attetion because of how easy it is. And I am not a good pilot.

1 Like

You can record easy even without 3rd party programms if you got windows 10.
Just hold windows button + alt + r, you can turn recording off easy just by clicking with cursor without exiting GD. That’s all what you need really. Youtube is easy to use, if you got google account just log in and add captured video.
I would like to see how build behaves too so it would be nice to show some video :wink:

3 Likes

Max damage it did was 232k problably in SR but I am not really sure from what.

Max I can do for you in this regard is to upload the files of the build. You can try it for yourself.

It’s absolutely within your right, mate. Just giving you a tip on how to really properly share an interesting build.

I have another physical mage prepared. Even slightly stronger than this one. I will post the build in the coming days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:

What is build crucible time? How fast?

2 Likes

I don’t play Crucible. It is written in the description of the build.

Okay! :ok_hand:

But how we know build is good or bad? :worried:

2 Likes

Some People dont Care about crucible. The requests about videos and crucible running in this thread is silly.

1 Like

People don’t care build is good or bad?

2 Likes

Crucible isn’t the only judge of a build, just the one most of our speedrunning elitist builders use for their meta. Practically any build can do the main campaign.