[1.1.7.2] The Melee King - maximum damage DW pierce Cadence Blademaster (sub 5 min Crucible, SR75-76)

Yeah, about that… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think that would be frowned upon by the 3+1 traditionalists. No tribute loss is no tribute loss. In fact, 4+3 is also not alright from that perspective. 3+4 could be a norm. (Not that I don’t do 4+3 myself, just speaking in general)

it’s just how I am honest with myself according to my ideas. I perhaps phrased that wrong

the only thing I ever called out on is saying rr doesn’t much matter which is very untrue. If it were up to me i’d totally remove rr on t1 but that won’t happen :slight_smile:

We had a talk about this with mad_lee. I was also reluctant to move away from 3x replenishable. It’s a different pattern after all: with 3+1 all you have to do is run 151-170 3 times in a row. With 4+3 you have to do small runs of lower waves from time to time.

But since everyone has moved away from 3x replenishable, i thought i might as well do the same and make it more optimal.

In fact, going back to 3+1, if the aggro bug was fixed, would be ideal in my opinion.

I guess we’ll have to see what’s what in 1.1.6.0

1 Like

Amen for that!

I like Beacons and they’re fun but the reason people started using them is for QoL and efficiency. If aggro is fixed and Beacons are nerfed you can go back at classical 3+1 setup.

Ouch! :rofl:

I remember I had to play the villain there after testing the weapon on Belgo BM and ask for Notched Bone nerfs not once but twice before it got nerfed into an adequately strong blue weapon.

Stuff like that or Rancor or Spite or Chains of Anguish is really what’s broken op in the game. Stuff like Storm Beacons is just the flavour of the season. Fix aggro bug and buff back Vanguard a little (or make other banners competitive) and we gonna have a different season.

My job is literally making sugar and this hurts me :frowning:

2 Likes

Just made one run with 3+1 with the same build but Oleron gloves on a laptop with no GPU and 20 fps. Finished in 5.12. Some extra time running around but the big guys go down much faster = more consistency.

This is a build with a single -%RR source yet it doesn’t feel like it’s much slower than with so called “broken 18 RR to everything”.

But how much do you eat out of your own merchandise? :smiley:

Yes you had a nice run with Vanguard on a good build. It’s a perfectly believable kill time with it. Because of how much time it takes for waves to spawn, even with perfect aggro, there is a massive difference between 5:10 and 4:40 for example. And even 5:00 and 4:40, especially on a melee char with moderate AoE. Every few seconds gained below 5 min count exponentially more.

Unlike using 3 beacons or even 4 with an extremely defensive setup with Belgo ( Serenity - A clear dps loss from Belgo relic dmg and RoS/ Ulzaad CDR - and who needs RoS timing when you have beacons anyway, Ghoul, and War cry on top of it) and still do 5:03 with full purple. a setup 3 times more defensive than my no buff/banner runner that did 6:10 where i had to pull every trick in the book to keep that fantasy damage and make it survivable

Idk how, in your case FPS relates to using becons. I say this becaus before I upgraded my specs I had down to 5 FpS in cruci during large waves. I had 1 mb cache really old CPU, so it was a different story. So maybe, in your case, to some extent, it is the exact answer to offset that FPS inbalance. But what I wrote above is more than just FPS imbalance fix

I guess you are talking about my setup and I don’t find it “extremely defensive”. It’s a balanced one with the stress on offense (105 points in Cunning). Belgo relic would take maaaaaybe 10 seconds of its average Crucible timer but the loss of consistency is not worth it. Like if you compare it to your full purple Belgo, mine has same flat and 100 more OA in terms of offense.

Ok i’m not going to argue with stuff like this. We have different ways. You guys have belgo figured out in your way it will remain that way,

It was not the point I was making

It’s not “us guys”, it’s just me :stuck_out_tongue:

You do think alike so I’ve not phrased it wrong :slight_smile:

and all should know by now…it’s always just you really :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

But I will kindly ask @banana_peel to test Belgo vs Serenity vs Azrakaa relic on my Belgo once he gets a new rig (and if he is up to it).

In fact, scratch that, I gave up a bit of flat dmg on my char for AoE that made a huge difference from Azrakaa and ring of Orissa. They had an important impact.

4 Beacons nonsense and you don’t need to even think about these things. You didn’t need them at all

I fully believe that. Belgo has very little to no aoe. It’s just Azrakaa relic or Belgo relic make build too volatile and inconsistent to my taste. But that’s just how I build.

It not only has AoE but devensive stats as well. DA, %DA, Impaired Aim, and under normal circumstances it has a big impacts dps wise, and so does ring of orissa.

All this talk by now is making me partly sad that I can’t test Belgos with 4 beacon abuse now, even if it;s something I absolutely do not believe in. Just to show how much the original kill times would gain

There are too many direct and indirect nerfs to be able to estimate comparisons at this moment

I think Azrakaa might be BiS (timer-wise) on this build as well, beacons or no beacons. It was BiS over Nemesis on Spanks/Plasmo’s Spite despite Nemesis’ every stat boosting PB. And they made the record with beacons.

Azrakaa got not just AoE but shitload of %pierce.

Lol fluff, why so much hate to beacons?
It’s only a simple tool to aggro and faster flat RR spread. It’s not like 4k DA meta that makes all build looks boring or impossible greens meta. :rofl:

As one of the first advocating for beacons, I like it simply because I can’t do run with banner.

If crate deciding to Nerf storm beacon to the ground. Then I hope they can make other beacons useful, or make leveled beacons more worthy to use.

BTW to OP: looks good, banana! I am just surprised that you can achieve such time with that low FPS, showing how crazy pilot you are… :+1:

1 Like

Because it takes away from the value and intricacies of the build, any build, and imo hurts what it means to play a build in GD.

At least in this state as they are.

To summarize the perfect fix for all of this would be:

1. Aggro fixed in Crucible. Believe it or not I have been also whining about this for a very long time, providing feedback on how randomly it occurs ( btw oddly enough, if you cheat and use 4x t3 storm beacons, some mobs AI absolutely freezes into place, idk why. This does not seem to happen with T1). There is nothing more annoying than having a good run and a couple of cannibals or crabs or whatever decide to just not participate when using Vanguard or whatever else

2. Stom Beacons should never have had RR in the first place, and with the spread rate that they have it at. so there are a couple ways to go about it.

My favorite. No RR at t1. Then 10 RR at T2 and 18-20 RR at T3. Tame the spread rate and duration. If i had one wish for GD is that RR wasn’t as important as it is.

But I really doubt that will happen and we’ll have to see next patch.

They will :slight_smile:

I think you are exaggerating. Build Intricacies are still the same. Maybe someone who want to maximize the use of beacon will skip flat RR devo altogether, but to each to their own. It’s just a different facet of designing a build.

It’s just simplify the way you play because it alleviate aggro bug. Well, also help clear pesky white mobs.

I hope so. I don’t mind nerfing storm beacon, but other beacon n banner clearly needs buff.

I just hope it won’t be nerfed to being irrelevant.