[1.1.8.0] Spinning Freezer - freeze2win Templar - freeze enemies + spin2win, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to use fire resistance reduction on Olexra’s Flash Freeze empowered by The Mageslayer set in combination with fire dual wield Eye of Reckoning. It is a funny gameplay of freezing enemies and then spinning around them. Other skills that are used are Judgment for reduction of DA on enemies, Guardians of Empyrion for resistance reduction and two movement skills - Dark Desires (from rune) for OA reduction on enemies and Vire’s Might for escaping tough situations. Build aslo uses for defense Nullification and Mirror of Ereoctes.

I have other builds using OFF here. I have other spinner builds here. I have other fire melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Olexra builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Olexrian Luminari – great build, OFF + DW ranged elemental Beronath‘s Fury, offensively a little slower, defensively quite tanky (best of my OFF builds)

2. Olexrian Judge – great build, OFF + physical Obliteration and Judgment, offensively a little better than Olexrian Luminari, defensively weaker than than Olexrian Luminari

3. Olexra of Kalastor – great build, OFF + fire RoK and FoI, offensively a lot better than Olexrian Judge, defensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge

4. Olexra the Freezer - great build, OFF + cold skills, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor

5. Spinning Freezer – great build, OFF + fire EoR, offensively a little better than Olexra of Kalastor, defensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer

6. Olexra of the Sky – great build, OFF + cold TSS and Devastation, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of Kalastor (but better than Olexra the Freezer), defensively similar to Spinning Freezer

7. Olexra the Evil – great build, OFF + fire DEE, offensively a little weaker than Olexra the Freezer, defensively similar to Olexra of the Sky

8. Olexra of Vire – great build, OFF + fire Vire and Judgment, offensively a little better than Spinning Freezer (best of my OFF builds), defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer

9. Olexra of Blackwater – great build, OFF + fire BC, offensively similar to Olexra of the Sky, defensively similar to Olexra of Vire

10. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky, defensively a little weaker than Olexra of the Sky (but better than Olexra of Vire)

11. Albrecht the Freezer – good build, OFF + fire AAR, offensively and defensively similar to Albrecht von Frozenstein

12. Olexra of Menhir – OK build, OFF + fire Aegis and Vire, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Luminari (weakest of my OFF builds), defensively a little behind Albrecht the Freezer

Here is a list comparing all my spinners from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Yugol the Insatiable – great build, cold + acid VR, use of dual damage is good, offensively good and defensively strong, ease of gameplay is OK despite using both CoF for RR and Lethal Assault for buffs

2. Aether Spinner Oppressor – great build, aether EoR, offensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

3. Gyroscoper – great build, physical EoR, offensively a little better than Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little weaker than Aether Oppressor, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

4. Twilight Spinner – great build, aether + chaos EoR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Oppressor, defensively similar to Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

5. Yugol of Twilight – great build, aether + chaos VR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR

6. Aether Spinner Templar – good build, aether EoR, offensively a little similar to Yugol of Twilight, defensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner (but a little better than Gyroscoper), nice gameplay

7. Chilled Spinner Shielded – good build, cold EoR, offensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Gyroscoper, nice gameplay with passive RR

8. Chilled Spinner – good build, cold EoR, similar offensively to Chilled Spinner Shielded, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner Shielded, nice gameplay with passive RR

9. Aether Spinner Shieldbreaker – good build, aether EoR, offensively similar to Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

10. Spinning Inferno – good build, fire EoR, offensively similar to Aether Opressor, defensively a little weaker than Aether Shieldbreaker, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

11. Spinning Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire EoR + OFF, offensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Inferno

12. Chaotic Spinner – OK build, chaos EoR, offensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, nice gameplay with passive RR

13. Yugol the Hungry – OK build, cold VR, offensively smilar to Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR + CoF (Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

14. Skywalker – weaker build, lightning EoR, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Yugol the Hungry, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

15. Spinning Immortal Army – weaker build, acid VR + pets, offensively similar to Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Skywalker, nice gameplay with passive RR

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0LydEV

Crafting bonuses on helm and belt are to stun resistance. To address the coming questions - component on the amulet is chosen because of movement speed.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

high DPS 210k - 270k

high critical damage - 83 % (101 % with Elemental Imbalance)

OK OA - base above 2900 OA and with Ascension close to 3100 OA

big DA reduction to enemies from Judgement -236 DA

OK attack speed - 178 %

high fire resistance reduction - up to 80 % without OFF and up to 193 % with OFF + Viper

damage from devotions - Solael’s Witchblade, Ulzuin’s Torch and Revenant

DEFENSE

OK life around 12500 HP

OK DA above 2900 DA

-180 OA shred to enemies from Dark Desires (skill from Rune)

OK lifesteal 18 %

freezing enemies using OFF

high disruption resistance using Eternal Band ring

OK CC resistances without Ascension (high CC resistances with Ascension)

reasonably overcapped resistances

OK physical resistance 23 %

OK armor - above 2000

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

flat damage absorption from Ascension

Bat + Ghoul

lifesteal from Kilrian’s Flame

Prismatic Rage from component

Mirror of Ereoctes (saves the day when things go tough)

Nullification

image from the game with passive buffs only

Spinning%20Freezer%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension and Elemental Imbalance

Spinning%20Freezer%202

I do not have the best rolled Alladrah’s spellblades, so DPS can go higher.

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 easily. I fought with tough fire resistant bosses like Grava, Gargabol and Korvaak and they were OK if you play smart with them and went down relatively fast. The toughest boss for this character was very unexpected - The Steward. He hits extremely hard and can’t be frozen - really surprised me how unusually hard he hit. I tried SR 80 and you get hit too hard - it is not possible to do it consistently.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

5 Likes

Nice build and finally some proofs xD

1 Like

Yeah, I would write something nice to our friends from the local mafia, but I would get banned.

Now its in the compendium rules.

Edit: corrected a funny misspell noticed by @mad_lee LOL

I know, just mafia pushing its ways on the others.

don’t be afraid of us. :wink:

No green and video proof mafia

1 Like

There’s no such thing as forum mafia.

please help

5 Likes

Is this thread also going to go off topic? Stick to the build folks or don’t bother posting here.

I have managed to theorycraft another fire EoR build. I will play it and post soon. It will be much stronger than this one. And this one is pretty OK as well.

why not Kilrian soul in chest?

1 Like

I totally forgot it exists. Thanks.

Edit - I have changed the link in the main post for a link with a different component in the chest armor.

That component actualy heals nicely. I have never played with it. The build was quite strong before and now is even more.

3y26ly

7 Likes

@ya1 post this is in the meme thread too Grim Dawn Meme Corner

I Just came back to game since… a lot and when i played i played almost nothing.
i have an EoR 2h (liftingnerd build), to swap to this build i need those items or i can use the build with the drops i get?

You need the Mageslayer set and Alladrah Spellblades. They are the core of the build. The rest of the items is to give bonuses to skills or fix other things in the build.

oh damn. well thanks! seems that i need to find something else for a starter xD

Here you have beginner builds.