[1.1.6.2] Spinning Freezer - freeze2win Templar - freeze enemies + spin2win, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to use fire resistance reduction on Olexra’s Flash Freeze empowered by The Mageslayer set in combination with fire dual wield Eye of Reckoning. It is a funny gameplay of freezing enemies and then spinning around them. Other skills that are used are Judgment for reduction of DA on enemies, Guardians of Empyrion for resistance reduction and two movement skills - Dark Desires (from rune) for OA reduction on enemies and Vire’s Might for escaping tough situations. Build aslo uses for defense Nullification and Mirror of Ereoctes.

I have other builds using OFF here, here, here, here, here, here and here. I also have other spinner builds here, here, here, here and here.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0LydEV

Crafting bonuses on helm and belt are to stun resistance. To address the coming questions - component on the amulet is chosen because of movement speed.

image from the game with passive buffs only

Spinning%20Freezer

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension and Elemental Imbalance

Spinning%20Freezer%202

I do not have the best rolled Alladrah’s spellblades, so DPS can go higher.

OFFENSE

high DPS 210k - 260k

high critical damage - 88 % (106 % with Elemental Imbalance)

OK OA - base above 2900 OA and with Ascension close to 3100 OA

big DA reduction to enemies from Judgement -236 DA

OK attack speed - 178 %

high fire resistance reduction - up to 80 % without OFF and up to 193 % with OFF + Viper

damage from devotions - Solael’s Witchblade, Ulzuin’s Torch and Revenant

DEFENSE

OKish life close to 12000 HP

OK DA above 2900 DA

-180 OA shred to enemies from Dark Desires (skill from Rune)

OK lifesteal 18 %

freezing enemies using OFF

high disruption resistance using Eternal Band ring

OK CC resistances without Ascension (high CC resistances with Ascension)

reasonably overcapped resistances

OK physical resistance 23 %

OK armor - above 2000

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

flat damage absorption from Ascension

Bat + Ghoul

lifesteal from Kilrian’s Flame

Prismatic Rage from component

Mirror of Ereoctes (saves the day when things go tough)

Nullification

SR, CRUCIBLE

This build does SR 65-66 easily. I fought with tough fire resistant bosses like Grava, Gargabol and Korvaak and they were OK if you play smart with them and went down relatively fast. The toughest boss for this character was very unexpected - The Steward. He hits extremely hard and can’t be frozen - really surprised me how unusually hard he hit. I don’t push my characters higher but it can go higher if you are a skilled player. I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

image from SR 66 with Korvaak dying

I have also made a thread for improving The Mageslayer set here.

3 Likes

Nice build and finally some proofs xD

1 Like

Yeah, I would write something nice to our friends from the local mafia, but I would get banned.

Now its in the compendium rules.

Edit: corrected a funny misspell noticed by @mad_lee LOL

I know, just mafia pushing its ways on the others.

don’t be afraid of us. :wink:

No green and video proof mafia

1 Like

There’s no such thing as forum mafia.

please help

5 Likes

Is this thread also going to go off topic? Stick to the build folks or don’t bother posting here.

I have managed to theorycraft another fire EoR build. I will play it and post soon. It will be much stronger than this one. And this one is pretty OK as well.

why not Kilrian soul in chest?

1 Like

I totally forgot it exists. Thanks.

Edit - I have changed the link in the main post for a link with a different component in the chest armor.

That component actualy heals nicely. I have never played with it. The build was quite strong before and now is even more.

3y26ly

7 Likes

@ya1 post this is in the meme thread too Grim Dawn Meme Corner

I Just came back to game since… a lot and when i played i played almost nothing.
i have an EoR 2h (liftingnerd build), to swap to this build i need those items or i can use the build with the drops i get?

You need the Mageslayer set and Alladrah Spellblades. They are the core of the build. The rest of the items is to give bonuses to skills or fix other things in the build.

oh damn. well thanks! seems that i need to find something else for a starter xD

Here you have beginner builds.