[1.1.8.0] Storm Knight - Primal Strike with a shield Archon, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to use Stormrend axe from totems + shield for Primal Strike. Natural class combination for this is Archon. Primal Strike hits hard even with one weapon, added to that we have shield throw (Aegis of Menhir) and two movement skills (Masterful Rahn’s Might and Vire’s Might) with which you can avoid getting hit if needed. You can facetank most of the single boss enemies even in SR 65-66.

I have other Primal Strike builds here. I have other shield builds here. I have other lightning melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Primal Strike builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Dragonborn – great build, 2H melee physical PS, good offensively and very powerful defensively (best of my PS builds)

2. Thor – great build, 2H melee lightning PS, offensively similar to Dragonborn, defensively noticably weaker than Dragonborn

3. Aetheros Ranged – great build, 2H ranged aether PS, offensively a little weaker than Dragonborn, defensively a little weaker than Thor

4. Aetheros – great build, 2H melee aether PS, offensively a little better than Aetheros Ranged (and a little weaker than Dragonborn), defensively a little weaker than Aetheros Ranged

5. Colderos – great build, 2H melee cold PS, offensively noticably better than Dragonborn (best of my PS builds), defensively a little weaker than Aetheros

6. Colderos Ranged – great build, 2H ranged cold PS, offensively a little weaker than Colderos, defensively a little weaker than Colderos (actually only when facetanking bosses otherwise you can take out enemies from distance)

7. Aether Primate – great build, 2H melee aether PS, offensively similar to Aetheros Ranged, defensively a little weaker than Colderos Ranged

8. Viteros – good build, 2H melee vitality PS, offensively a little weaker than Aetheros Ranged, defensively similar to Colderos Ranged

9. Meme Striker – good build, 2H melee lightning PS, offensively similar to Colderos, defensively a little weaker than Viteros

10. Chaotic Primate – good build, 2H melee chaos PS, offensively a little weaker than Viteros, defensively noticably weaker than Meme Striker

11. Mental Primate Druid – good build, 2H melee elemental PS, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Primate, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Primate

12. Storm Blitzer – OK build, 1H melee + shield lightning PS, offensively a little weaker than Mental Primate Druid, defensively a little better than Chaotic Primate

13. Mental Primate Conjurer – OK build, 2H melee elemental PS, offensively a little better than Mental Primate Druid (but a little weaker than Chaotic Primate), defensively a little weaker than Mental Primate Druid

14. Storm Knight – OK build, 1H melee + shield lightning PS, offensively similar to Storm Blitzer, defensively similar to Mental Primate Druid

15. Savage Stormrender – weaker build, DW melee lightning PS on cooldown + Savagery, offensively noticably weaker than Storm Knight, defensively similar to Storm Knight

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dzybJZ

Crafting bonuses on helm and medal are to slow resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS for one handed weapon + shield - around 150k DPS

high crit damage 68 %

high OA - base around 3000 OA and with Ascension around 3250 OA

55 DA reduction to enemies from component

OK resistance reduction from Wind Devils, Revenant, Viper and Widow

damage from devotions - Spear of the Heavens, Widow and Revenant

DEFENSE

nice life around 14000 HP

nice DA - above 2900 DA (Resilience increases it when needed)

150 OA reduction to enemies from component and Arcane Bomb

nice lifesteal 19 % (with Wendigo Totem)

with good movement you can reduce getting hit if necessary but you can facetank easily most of the time

OK CC resistances without Ascension (high CC resistances with Ascension)

reasonably overcapped resistances

high physical resistance 33 %

OK armor - above 2000

flat damage absorption from Ascension

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

blocks from shield

image from the game with passive buffs only

Storm%20Knight%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension

Storm%20Knight%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. Fighting Grava is slower but relatively fine even with no disruprion resistance. I tried SR 80 with and it is too glassy for it.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

4 Likes

You need your own build compendium soon “Primal Strike and OFF build collection” !

1 Like

I have thought about it :smiley:

Did you consider Warder version also, for overguard? (I am thinking about my old failed project with S&B lightning cadence Warder, awful build which still gives me nightmares)

Not really. I wanted to throw shield :slight_smile: But it could work perhaps. I would make it PS + Blitz build. I will try to theorycraft it and if it is viable I will play it. I am not much into Overguard.

I got burned out from Aegis by doing my two beginner friendly builds :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t see myself playing with that skill (or EoR) in a near future

I’m sorry?

2 Likes

I have resist reduction on viper and don’t have enough points for the proc to take it. These 4 stars are good for offense.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrMr95V EZ

You lose OA and crit damage. Without Ascension your OA is low and Ascension is not up most of the time. I don’t find it worth doing. If someone does he can do it.

Changed it. Got OA/DA, AS

I will never play spam PS with savagery. I hate it. And you lost the funny part - shield throw.

2 Likes

Dude, you are legitimately great.
Thanks for the build!

3 Likes

Edit - there was a file with the build uploaded
those who wanted it for testing already had plenty of time to download it

Good build, I like it

5 Likes

I suggest everyone read the FAQ

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/faq

Chill out and go and do something else for a while.

This…

/10char

Great edit…almost like the original was deleted for a reason…

While the initial fault was with others entering this thread, that does not exempt the OP from following forum rules.

I did not know that I broke a rule with that edit. I was just pointing out that the post is no longer relevant because it replies to something that is not here. If I did then I am sorry.

Just saying, the insult throwing was not needed considering that’s what caused this thread to be cleaned up to begin with.

Regarding the build’s performance, it is generally common to have a video or screenshots backing up claims of performance. Which isn’t to say someone is going in here with the intent to misinform others, but it helps visitors gauge builds. That said, the way others on this forum broached that topic was…poor to say the least.

2 Likes