[1.1.6.2-1.1.8.1] The Winter Birds! Cold Pets (2x Familiars) Bysmiel Conjurer

Doing her best to, yes! :laughing:

3 Likes

To boldly go where … no Nery has gone before :rofl:

But I think this build suits my profile picture.

1 Like

What is next? Cold dmg forcewave? :open_mouth:

Cold FW will be awful and Lee already have cold Blade Arc that works fine. Cold AAR is already good, I have 2H CT spam Spellbreaker, so cold don’t have many unexplored options. Maybe Stun Jacks, but Idk.

It’s a shame that Vanguard continues to disappoint, especially since I wouldn’t have figured the Stormcaller beacons would have done much with Elemental Storm already providing more than enough flat RR. Still, that + Rune of Displacement might explain why you do a much better job with Crucible than me. Displacement looks like a really good rune.

I don’t think you could have done any better with the gear choices. I definitely agree with having Wind Devil proc Elemental Storm and Briarthorn proc Leviathan. Primal Spirit doesn’t have enough CDR that you would want to use it for devotion procs. Have you felt that maximizing the Briarthorn gave you anything over using it as a one-pointer and putting the points elsewhere?

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

Yes I would know from here now about bindings, Primal Spirit can be bound on 100% up time build.

Vanguard is bad, I would expect to notice at least faster clearing of single targets with damage increase but the effect is really diminutive. Beacons provide RR on much more enemies simultaneously and AoE damage. With Vanguard on non bosses waves you waste monster amount of time. Basically you have to count on procs or Bird’s projectiles. Storm beacons cover lots of ground.

Briathorn have physical to cold conversion, not sure how good is for damage. Obviously Birds are running the show.

Displacement is great rune for any kiting caster, although it was nerfed.

Is this as good a cold pet build is going to get?

You can also try Beastcaller’s Pet Druid as Briarthorn and Primal Spirit are fully Cold damage in that build. It’s a matter of whether you like having 2 Familiars or 2 Briarthorns + Chillmane.

I think Nery’s build is the better performing build, but then again, Conjurers tend to outshine any other pet builds, at least when it comes to Elemental pets.

I prefer 2 brair + chillmane honestly. But I wouldn’t run a druid.

Trickster? :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t go past Conjurer, it gives you so much tankiness and overall synergy.

Isn’t conjurer the best tankiest

Maya had a build that was cold with double brair and chillmane conjurer but I can’t find it. It’s out dated though.

Would like a current patch one. Colds my favorite element in any rpg and yeti is the best pet from an item imo.

I was late by a few days to the party :sob:

But no matter, build is here :cold_face: :damage_cold::bird:

+1 to binding whirlpool to a pet, but my choice would be to use Wind Devil to proc Rumor instead since Elemental Storm does more dmg and hence would be better on a Pet.

Can definitely pick up DEE with transmuter if you want something on LMB to proc devotions, to save on one extra hotkey press :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely take Ground Slam. Even if not for the aggro management, the extra dmg is also nice. Don’t worry about DPS loss because of it, that won’t happen :yum:.

Point can also be taken from Maelstrom if needed.

Everything else is solid and that is a pretty good Crucible time on a pet build :+1:

As for off-hand choice, from what I have seen so far, Gate does work better than +1 to skills, atleast for elemental pet conjurers.

Also if you want an extra Pet, Dirge of Arkovia can be considered, but then you would be even less on Skill points and personally I think Mogdrogen’s Ardor is still better, especially if Switching Relics means losing Gate to many worlds.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!

Actually I switched a little bit the bindings, but I think Familiar with projectile based attacks can proc Rumor well, hmmm. :thinking:

I also have few ideas for a pet builds, but I checked them and they are done by Duskdeep or seems awful :sweat_smile:

The reason for Rumor is that the other procs do more damage and something like Wind Devil should proc it with enough frequency for the RR. But it is mostly personal taste and shouldn’t matter too much.

As for new ideas on pets, I am more than willing to help turn any of it, no matter how awful into a working pet build :sunglasses:

(Note: Unless it is a Pet Hybrid or something like Physical Pet Warlord…)

Look who’s confirming everything I said! :sunglasses:

Does it? Sure druid or warlock but conj? The extra pet is worth all those ranks?

It’s an aura pet, right?

1 Like

Lol so it’s Nery’s build. :rofl:

And here I thoughts why it has no Ishtak, explains a lot. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yup, on Conjurer. I ran a bunch of different combinations with Blood Orb, Solael Void Tome & Gate to see which one would be better since Cat’s Eye was nerfed.

While Blood Orb was the closest replacement, even with the loss of skill points, Gate to many worlds lead to faster SR/Cruci clears and kills on single target bosses like Callagadra.

The Pet is basically an Elemental Leviathan(whirlpool) Proc that scales off of Pet stats. It basically brings AoE dmg comparable to another Pet to the table with the only downside being a stationary Pet. And while I was skeptical on its viability at first, I must admit that Zantai did give proper compensation for the loss of Cat’s Eye.

1 Like

Ishtak is nice devotion but doesn’t fit in my route to Leviathan. :sunglasses:

1.1.8.1 update

GT - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G1e7GZ

Crucible run of 6:02:

SR 85:

Mogdrogen+Ravager

5 Likes

Nice variation of the build! In my version I’ve focused on getting % all damage to pets (including cold) to get some decent clear speed, also few procs. I like Shepherd’s Crook devotion but it’s hard to it in Ishtak’s path. Your build looks easier to play with less keys, which is good thing.

Also superb visual illusions! :ok_hand:

1 Like