[1.1.6.2 - 1.2.0.3] Void inescapable - Black Flame Warlock [sr+] [mi] [vid]

Patch 1.1.7.1 brought some nerfs to AAR via removing flat Aether damage from Aethereach gloves. Amulet now gives Chaos damage. In sum, total DPS loss for AAR is ~8000 (in my case). Less damage -> less survivability. But build still perseveres in 75-76 SR, just play smart :slightly_smiling_face:. Oh, and we have Trap Resistance on our chest piece now. Some Devotion changes might occur (drop Aeon or Lantern?). For now, though, all remains the same.

Well met, patch 1.1.8.0 :partying_face:! Our Chaos lazer became stronger due to these buffs:

Nerfs were suspiciously small :face_with_raised_eyebrow::

And, of course, global 5% Chaos Resist Reduction is welcomed, especially for classes without innate RR, such as ours :slightly_smiling_face:. Overall, the build was buffed, not to godlike status, but reasonable. Will it persevere next hotfixes? I hope so.

My current setup https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPjyDg2. Decided to try Magi devotion instead of Imp for its Chaos Fissures, as @Superfluff suggested. They are good against single big targets, for AoE Aetherfire is better because of its consistency. Choose whatever you like more. And squeezed Aleksander’s pants to max AAR line.

Well, that is all for now :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

And now, with the release of 1.1.8.1, gifts were taken back. What a rude jest :rofl:

• Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: reverted Chaos damage modifier change for Albrecht’s Aether Ray from v1.1.8.0
  • Tainted Power: reverted % Damage Modifier change from v1.1.8.0

With this in patch 1.1.8.0:

• Disintegration: removed % Aether and % Fire damage

Our Warlock got nerfed again :grin:. Well, at least we have got global RR still.

Hi! Patch 1.1.9.0 hits SR players hard (mostly). This build is not an exeption. As always, we have a traditional AAR nerf:

• Disintegration: reduced % Crit damage scaling with rank to 35% by rank 12, 45% by max ultimate rank

Here is my SR 76 performance. It feels somewhat weird, to be honest. Cannot say what is wrong :man_shrugging:.

Have any ideas?
Anyway, new Grimtools link was added. Nothing exeptional, this is an “old” Chaos Fissures setup with softcapped Fabric of Reality skill (I took points from Iskandra line since their value were diminished).

Have a nice day!

where can I find? :slight_smile:

In the OP as usual.

there are so many GT links there, which one is new and used in video?

The last GT link is the new one.

2 Likes

The last one with Chaos Volcanoes :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Damn thee Crate, AAR was perfectly fine ;-;

How about trying Mark of Ulzuin? Flat fire to AAR is converted to Chaos.

Is Fiend bad and not worth taking?

1 Like

That is good idea with that medal, because the lightning conversion is useless anyway thanks to AAR transmuter

Yes, it is possible (another Chaos AAR build used that medal, if I remember correctly. Look in Compendium). I prefer my current medal though.

You can take Fiend, Imp, Magi - all are good. Again, it is up to personal preferences and available optional gear.

This one [1.1.7.2-1.1.8.0] Chaos Ray Warlock (SR 100, 4:48 Fastest Crucible, Crate, Callagadra, Ravager of Minds) uses Ulzuin medal.

Patch 1.1.9.1 does not contain any changes for this build :slightly_smiling_face:. And no AAR nerfs… strange.

Hello again, my Chaotic friends :slightly_smiling_face:. Time to blow some dust from this old build of mine and see if it is still fit for current 1.1.9.6 patch.

The main topic was updated with new Grimtools link, as well as some information adjustment. Offensive and defensive setups were obsolete, so I removed them for good. Sorry if someone used them to make their own AAR obliterators :sweat_smile:. Oh, and here is SR 75 video in 1.1.9.6 patch, of course (a little bit rusty, forgot how to play AAR builds properly :grin:).

Damage is okay, somewhat squishy for SR75+, most comfortable for 65-66 range farming. The rest of endgame content should not be much harder.

What more to say? Just play and see. Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Hi!

Of course I do not forget about my first build topic :slightly_smiling_face:. 1.1.9.7 patch changes:

• Mythical Aethereach: added % Vitality damage added 24 Vitality damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifiers for Albrecht’s Aether Ray and Flames of Ignaffar to 5%
  • Aspect of the Guardian: increased base % Physical Resist by 2% and increased % All Retaliation damage scaling with rank
  • Arcane Will: increased Defensive Ability scaling with rank to 200 by rank 10, 380 by max ultimate rank
  • Maiven’s Sphere of Protection: increased % Damage Absorb scaling with rank to 22% by rank 12, 32% by max ultimate rank

Some defense bump and even small QoL/Damage for our AAR. Great! :smile: Maybe there is even more in last remaining patches, who knows? Until next time!

Greetings!

This is 1.1.9.8 build update:

• Rylok Mark: increased Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 120 and increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Primal Strike to 10%
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: added 344 Health. Increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifiers for Albrecht’s Aether Ray and Flames of Ignaffar to 8% and increased their Chaos damage modifiers to 28 and 65, respectively.
  • Solael’s Witchfire: increased Defensive Ability to 40
  • Solemn Watcher: replaced % Cold Resist with 18% Chaos Resist
  • Bloody Pox: increased Bleed damage scaling with rank
  • Wasting: increased Vitality damage scaling at ultimate ranks. Increased % Bleed damage scaling with rank to 144% by rank 12, 264% by max ultimate rank
  • Black Death: increased % Bleed and % Vitality damage scaling with rank to 144% by rank 12, 264% by max ultimate rank
  • Sigil of Consumption: increased Vitality Decay damage scaling with rank

The build was adjusted accordingly by changing some armor augments to stabilize Elemental resistance. The GT link was updated. Have fun!

1 Like

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:

My first posted endgame build is about to close my updating work for 1.2.0.3 patch. That was a long journey, yeah :sweat_smile:. Anyway, what do we have?

• Mythical Voidwalker Footpads: reduced Cooldown on the granted skill
  • Black Scorch Covenant: increased Duration modifier for Sigil of Consumption to +3s
  • Abomination: increased Health to 800 and Offensive Ability to 120
  • Candle: reduced Energy Regeneration to 2.5
  • Dying God: added 8-20 Chaos damage for pets and increased Defensive Ability to 55
  • Ghoul: increased Health Regeneration to 16 and % Health Regeneration to 30%
  • Raven: reduced Energy Regeneration to 1.0 and increased Lightning damage for pets to 9
  • Ghoulish Hunger: added % Increased Healing (Forgotten Gods only) and added % Cast Speed
  • Blood of Dreeg: reduced Cooldown to 12s and increased Duration to 60s. Increased Energy Cost and Health Regeneration scaling with rank. Increased % Heal at scaling at ultimate ranks.
  • Possession: increased % Absorption scaling with rank to 18% by rank 12, 25% by max ultimate rank
  • Arcane Will: increased Defensive Ability scaling with rank to 250 by rank 10, 500 by max ultimate rank
  • Mirror of Ereoctes: increased Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Nullification: reduced Cooldown scaling with rank to 18s by rank 10, 8s by max ultimate rank

For this Chaos build I decided to use my standard devotion setup, Abomination + Dying god with Revenant and Ghoul. Main topic has been cleared, with new GT link, videos except for Mogdrogen with addition of new ones (Callagadra - normal fight, Crate and Clones of Bourbon).

All right then, time to rest and make another Warlord until Crate creates something new :sleeping:.

Until next update!

Thanks for sharing! Leveling an AAR Warlock right now to try this out… and I am so putting that new Ch’thon mtx illusion on it.

1 Like