[1.2.0.3] Beginner's Fire Sword & Board Shieldbreaker - First char suitable, SR viable

ui! rings? I will look for them :))

with the new patch you can “easy” rare rolls on the MIs. I like it a lot.

Build is also great. Thx for sharing.

this is my hero right now. Farming elite malmouth for exp potion reputation right now.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZygxww2

Nice. Thanks for sharing. You reminded me to swap Meteor Shower binding to Blazing Charge on final build.

Guardians are not great at procing EF imo. Only two chances at 15% to proc vs a single target where as Judgment has 75% once per 3 seconds.

1 Like

if you take out the 2 points from meteor and one from the chariot you can get one other tier 1 devotion.

you could get the berserk cause you use axes. you will get OA and phys resistance
you could get 3 points in the sailor guide for phys res and resis
you could get eel for flat DA and movement speed.
and you could use seal of destruction for crit damage

btw: finished ultimate campaign. Now its time for level to 100, all skill points from quest and start farming for the endgame gear.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zYp6jN

I didn’t because shields need all the damage they can get. The durable affix gives way more phys res than 3 devotion node can give. Possibly with Mark of Divinity skill it might be viable to use Infernal Affix instead of Durable.

That one devotion point left over just went to chariot because I didn’t see any better one point wonder.

Enchanted Flint is better than Seal of Destruction.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26LeBeZ do you like this medal?

Nope. I’d use Balthazar’s Crest over that for more weapon damage. Divinity has the nice circuit breaker on it.

Hello, I’ve been following the guide and the char is going really good, fun to play. It is my first character so I don’t understand a few things about the game.
I have a question about constelations and I hope that someone can answer me even if it have been a while since the last post and the upload of the guide,
When I follow the devotion points guide I had to use 5 points in Spider in order to put some points in Magi, I didn’t find any other way to do it. Now I can’t reclaim the spiders points if I want to keep Magi. How can I keep Magi? Or should I also reclaim his points and put them in other conteslation?
Also, does it matter wich faction I choose in Korvan Basin?

Why do you want to reclaim Magi / Spider? They are both used in endgame setup. Magi is a very good constellation offensively.

No, it doesn’t matter. It only gives you slightly more rep for one faction and instant Friendly status at the beginning which means you can immediately buy low level movement skill augments - charge, leap, teleport of your choice (you can see them if you talk to vendors before making the choice). But you’ll get all anyway. Also quests differ a bit.

I see. I didn´t understand the guide very well I guess. I saw the devotions in the grimtools (I don´t know why I didn´t think about it early) and I can see that spider is full. The guide said that you just have to put 2 points in spider, that is what confused me.
Thank you for the answer!

Seems to me this 2p in Spider is just an early strat when you have few devotions points. It’s later taken as a whole.

There is something that I don´t understand, anyway.
How can you take empty throne without any purple points? it is the only constellation with purple points

Do you mean some final Grim Tool Link and devotion setup?

You don’t. When you take it you have other source of Purple but after that you can respec out of it.
Empty Throne can sustain itself because although it requires Purple it also gives Purple
so for example after i.e. having 1 Purple devotion crossroad to be able to put points into it
you complete Empty Throne you can respec this 1 Purple Crossroad because Throne gives Purple too

Btw it’s not the only one, at least in the first Grim Tools, Rhowan’s Crown also gives one Purple
but it’s not necessary for Empty Throne as I mentioned before because it sustains itself

I see. Now I understand. Thank you very much.

Hi John. This build is outdated for sure; weaving Righteous Fervor for the purposes of the consecration buff will not be worthwhile. I would recommend adjusting the build. I would probably tweak the build to something like this: Shieldbreaker, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (higher attack speed without consecration)

Great, thank you. I will try it right now.
Well… I tried it and… it is a lot weaker. With the old build I had more than 10k of damage and with this one i have 8k. Also I feel like the character is soften than with the other build, maybe because it does not have ascention? maybe because I’m not at full build yet? I tried with some Shatered realms runs and I got killed in the second shard. With the other build I was able to go trought a lot of shards with any problem.

I’m not sure what your character is looking like at the moment, the damage should be pretty similar though. Dropping Ascension should only really happen after you farm almost all of the gear, same with reducing blast shield points. You can always reduce crushing verdict down, and some Vindictive Flame in exchange for Ascension and/or Blast Shield if it helps survivability. I still have not properly tested the build at end game myself, so I am not sure what is optimal yet.

I would like to show my character but I don´t know how to use grimtools for that. I would try to figure it out.
I figure it out, it was not that hard.

My character looks like this right now.

Well that explains a lot. Using Fire Strike during levelling will be a huge decrease in damage because only Righteous Fervor gets 100% physical conversion to Fire with that weapon. Only switch to Fire Strike when you get that Legendary Dagger.

Also you want points into Blast Shield and Ascension for Levelling. It helps a ton before your life steal becomes substantial.

Great, thank you. Yes, I switched to Righteous Fervor again and my character can do 22k damage. With Fire Strike the damage was only 13k, it is a big difference. You helped me a lot.