[1.1.7.1-1.1.9.5*] Beginner's Physical Two-Hand melee Blade Arc Witchblade, suitable for first character!

I am working through the Devotion stuff exactly as listed above, it is not working the way you have it spelled out. I can not remove purple and scholar’s light because one is required for Kraken and one for Ulzaad.

Can we please get an update here. I am new to the game and it still confuses me some.

Thanks!

Works for me. Are you sure you have completed all the devotions in the right order?

1 Like

Just retested and is still working, make sure you haven’t missed a step. To remove purple and green and still keep Kraken, you need to have first all 5 points in Ulzaad and full Hawk.

That’s so odd, I even used a potion to reset my points and tried again. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Run it through on grimtools until you work out where you’re messing up.

Good idea, thank you.

I dont know what I did before but I got it to work this time, thanks guys.

1 Like

I love seeing strong Witchblade builds because “Witchblade” is just the coolest name for a class in the game (even if I’m ultimately a Purifier/Pyromancer at heart).

1 Like

Thanks for the great beginner guide! :slight_smile:

At level 94-100 reset them with blue potion and invest most of points in cunning

Where do I get this “Blue Potion”?

1 Like

It’s given as part of a quest reward in the Ashes of Malmouth expansion. You will also get one which allows you to reset your devotions for free from another AoM quest.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment. :slightly_smiling_face:

I forgot name of potions but you get two of them each difficulty level doing Ashes of Malmouth quests, blue resets attributes and purple one devotions. One of them was granted in quest of saving Amala’s(?) father.

1 Like

Tonic of Reshaping(blue) for attribute reseting, Tonic of Clarity(purple) for devoting reseting. You’ll get one of each from the quests in every difficulty(Maybe even 2 Clarity 1 reshaping not sure). However, eventually you’ll have more Clarity and less Reshaping so use wisely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Poor Boris, his axes are, yet again, sorta useless.
But then again same thing applies to most, if not all, Soldier attack skills.
Everything 1-hander does zweihander does better.
Granted playstyle needs to be a bit reckless, but outside reta it feels always better to kill fast than it is to turtle.

1 Like

Blade Arc just operates better as 2H but DW works well for Cadence, pierce or cold.

But how about Forcewave?
Can’t really come up any situation where 1-H Forcewave would be a thing…
Well, possibly havin full Guardsman set to level.
But back to topic…
Kinda curious 'bout the undead, am I going to run into much trouble with them?
Typically skip whole AU & SoT with anything Bleed releated.

DoT damage is where 1-handed Forcewave operates best alongside other DoT sources. But as a singular main skill, 2-handed is going to be better again.

I haven’t followed this specific build but when I levelled a Bleeder months back, I didn’t have problems with Undead as your weapon and most skills/procs still do a good chunk of Physical/Internal Trauma damage and you get some Physical RR out of Curse of Frailty (or Celestial Presence for Oathkeepers).

On the other hand, I did get Kilrian to spawn with this nightmare:

Hi nery, you forgot mark of traveler in boot :slight_smile:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23BKL7N

1 Like

I didn’t notice the miss of a boot component, tnx!

That’s like walking with one shoe only :smile:

1 Like

yes i have GD autocast and wanting to know how to set it up for the skills besides the attack and movement skill? anyone know how to do that?

That’s better asked in tqFan’s thread.

2 Likes