[1.1.9.8] Caustic Rebuke: 4:05m Crucible Gladiator, SR 90, 34 seconds Ravager retaliation caster Sentinel by mad_lee [sr+][c+][vid]

This build works really well with the new pierce aegis spam conduit.

I switched up the devotions and a few gear pieces a bit but i’ve been getting much faster SR clear times.

[1.1.9.4] UPDATE

GRIMTOOLS

1 Like

Weird to call this an update when it’s basically a different build with spam aegis introduced.

2 Likes

Thanks for this man!

1.1.9.4 Caustic Rebuke Ravager Setup GT

1.1.9.4 Causing Rebuke Callagadra Setup GT

1 Like

New GT: Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

6 Likes

Hi, I’m trying to build acid retal sentinel focused on AoM and saw your build, I want to try it but I don’t fully understand what damage it does.
1.The conduit whispers amulet should convert the phys and fire damage to pierce, but I guess Aegis of thorns converts the fire first, is this the case?
2.What about the phys damage? does it converts to pierce?
3.Is the conduit of whispers purely to spam AoM or the conversion also betters it somehow?

I think that together with the conduit it makes it so that 50% Fire is converted to Acid and 50% to Pierce.

Yes but the build has mostly and many Acid Retal sources, some huge, so it’s not a big problem.

Only to spam, the build doesn’t have Pierce RR so the Physical / Fire → Pierce conversions are somewhat harmful.
But not to a large degree for the reasons mentioned earlier. If the conduit converted Acid → Pierce on AoM, it would be a different story.

Really liking this build. I need to farm Kymon more so I can transmute and get my shoulders, right now I have everything but it, leggings and gloves.

Two questions: Grim tools says you can get the blueprint for the gloves from the hidden vendor by the blood grove. But that is the yellow version?

And if I find myself dying in SR should I ease up on the fevered rage?

Thanks!

Hi @Cobalty2004, mad_lee here answering your questions:

1. Yellow recipie is the one you need. If you craft with at least one rare affix the item is going to be green.
  2. Can’t really say why you are dying, if you upload your grimtools or maybe even a video with the run where you died I can be more of a help.
    But in general, seeing how you don’t have a full set and missing couple of more items you are not really playing the build yet so performance might be not quiet there yet.

UPDATE 1.1.9.7

GRIMTOOLS: Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

SR 75-76 5:50 run (no short rooms)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on the gloves! When I get home I’ll craft them.

I now lack the following from the build and I’m convinced it’s why my sweet spot is only 50-51 SR for farming:

Osyrs Fortitude augments (lack of rep, I should totem farm to get it or do bounties)
Gloves
Legs

I’m hopeful with the above it will make a huge difference. I’m using Vilescorn in the meantime.

I’m leveling a vit cabalist pet build that this guy is trying to farm gear for.

So the gloves, and actually giving them a component (lol) has helped greatly.

Mine differ from the build set as they have %blocked on them.

Now if only my leggings would drop …

Any leveling tips for this build?

You can choose the path of the eternal suffering and try to play retal right from the start, or…

You can follow this guide and farm yourself the Perdition rare set around level 40 and follow this guide (which would require you farming the Mythical version of the set or a blueprint). Then farm the Sentinel of the Three set or a blueprint.

You can craft a bunch of Faceguards/Judgements of the Three and convert the worst of them to an item of the same set. Costs a bit of iron and some rare materials, but this might be faster than farming for the full set.

I’ve farmed Perdition in 1 hour, it’s quite a common Epic drop to be honest. I didn’t bother farming the Empowered version because the build felt quite strong up until level 94, at which point I switched to the Sentinel set.

The budget build is pretty strong in terms of damage and there are some good MIs that support acid retal. 1 death happened to get myself to lvl2 in crucible, 1 was not paying attention to resistances and the last one was to the Pit in act 2 Ultimate. Got bonked with phys damage, so I recommend avoiding it if you don’t have the Empowered version of the set.

1 Like

I’ve taken over the thread so that we can have up-to-date OP and entry in Grim Tools build database.
Grim Tools is the same as in some recent post but there’s a new video.

1 Like

Hello @mad_lee ! Thanks for this build! I’m excited to try it, hunting the gear now.

Question though, your “Stats” pictures have legendary rings/medal, but your grimtools build planner uses rares. Boots/gloves also vary from epic to rare/magic.

Should I be grinding the rare rings and medal (from the planner) or are the legendary items superior? (since they are the ones highlighted in “Stats”)

or maybe situational? Just looking for a good place to start the grind properly.

Thank you

@tqFan Maybe you can help with my item grind question? I plan to respec into the build at 94-95

Thank you

Hey, trust the grimtools! I will update screenshots at some point.

Will do, thanks!

Thoughts on using these gloves instead? Mythical Handguards of Perdition
And using these boots instead? Mythical Stonetreaders