[1.1.9.8] Let's Get Physical, Physical: 4:40m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, SR 90, Celestials Octavius caster Tactician [sr+][cr+][vid] (+bonus builds: Warlord and Paladin all content destroyers)

Flat RR doesn’t stack so I’m not sure why you’re asking.

Scales RR is single target so unless it’s a pure cruci build it’s never a bad idea to incorporate an aoe source especially for casters that have easy access to it. Lee probably tested it and it went worse tho.

I see. Interesting point.

It might be it might be not. Soldier offers a lot of %raw damage plus qol which might outweigh RR from Oathkeeper. Either way, I wanted to make something good out of Octavius Tactician and so far it looks like the best Octavius build currently. Maybe someone will make a better Paladin, everything’s possible.

No points for War Cry and no need for Flat RR from Break Morale. In Crucilbe Scales + Banners work just fine and and SR as you can see everything evaporates be it crowds or single targets.

I have not tested War Cry because I did not have (like absolutely didn’t) any points for it since I went for Gladiator’s belt and Deathstalker relic and also I wanted to streamline this build as much as possible because it’s already a piano.

1 Like

Hi, i like ypur build. May i know if i can level with your build? Can i use self found gears cos i don’t use gd stash…

Good luck finding a melee beginner’s Tactician though. Probably best to go this way

and then respec into this one when you hit 94 and have all the gear needed.

1 Like

this is off-topic but it can’t be any further from truth for now :sweat_smile:

I actually haven’t tried it since Tremor changes but I remember your complaints about Commando being weak. I will update my Warlord soon, looks good on paper, we’ll see. Lightning Warder is decent build but not exceptional. Arcanor tri-elemental or Cold with Conduit looks interesting, I have few ideas but Idk. Forcewave isn’t top tier skill. But I have to say version on CD is worse than spam.

1 Like

FW Commando is a strong sub-6 minute build now :stuck_out_tongue:
So I’m finally proud of it again.

I’ll try phys FW soon too, probably

2 Likes

I think leveling with just soldier class is the most difficult in grim dawn…all the skills just can’t do much dmg…even spammimg forcewave is weak… Cadence and blade arc is not doing good either…

Im just now building a fire spam FW commando for the first time and im having a lot of fun with it, its disintegrating shit (but then again im only in Elite). So far its really strong but ive noticed its not a great single target damage skill.

Almost a sub 5 run

2 Likes

Completely forgot to add this amazing run. Pretty sick for a physical Tactician tank.

I’ve really been enjoying this build, very durable and rune playstyle is super fun IMO.
Any changes changes for 1.1.8.0?

I think Aura of Conviction with or without Grasp of Unchained Might are worth exploring now.

1 Like

I absolutely love this and am currently building. I feel like I am missing something. How can this build wear all of the gear without meeting the physique requirements?

Veterancy (passive skill of Soldier) reduces the requirement for armor here. There are also constellations and some items, which do this.

Pair that with over-average physique bonuses on items, and you meet the requirements.

Also physique bonuses from crafting, which grimtools doesn’t show atm.

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Well that’s not cool and thanks for the reply!