[1.2.0.3] Rahn's Rocket: 4:10m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, SR 75-76 (SR 100), Celestials killer lightning caster Sorcerer [vid][cr+][sr+]

*Destination: planet Nerfs

Foreword

This is a build that probably has been done before in some form or another so I will try to make it short. A lot of testing work and ideas should be credited to @Shoot2033 (the most important part of which is devotion map).

The Build

1.2.0.3 Update

During the top20 testing @banana_peel and me brainstormed how to do Barrelsmith Sorceress the best so here it is.
(most of the text below is pretty old and outdated)

1.1.7.2 Update

All right, Zantai, we play a caster with two pistols if you keep insisting so much. Build has lost some quality of life but damage wise it’s the same or ever stronger. Survivability is better though because of Mark of Divinity.

1.1.7.1 Update

Reworked the devotion map and changed a belt and some components. Cindertouch got nerfed out of this spec, so we welcome Wyrmbones that synergize pretty well with the Lightning side of things. Build can now easily farm SR 75-76 and is a rock in Crucible. And with slight adjustments to skills you can kill Celestials or venture into super deep SR.

1.1.6.1 Update

Build has been nerfed quite a bit. And not casting speed or energy regeneration or any quality of life buffs were given in exchange. Updated Grimtools and added a video of amazing @Plasmodermic’s run.

<<<<< GRIMTOOLS >>>>>*

*Craft for Freeze resistance
**Always bind Grenado to mouse one so you can proc wps
***Any cdr prefix on Kaisan will do

Electrifying questions

Shouldn’t double Ravager’s Eye and bigger Spirit investment yield more damage in the end?
Yes, we are losing about 70% total damage (so about 2% of total paper damage) with this setup but I did it to use Restless Remains instead of Spellscorched Plating in gloves (Pierce res is a huge problem). Casting speed and additional adtch are crucial to this build’s consistency.
What about devotion map with Korvaak? Or Dying God? Or better yet, with Blind Sage?
This one is the best damage-wise and defense-wise, a lot of tests have been conducted by @Shoot2033.

Gear/Skills/Devotions/Leveling

Skill distribution is pretty optimal, 14/12 Blast Shield is actually needed for safer gameplay. There is a place for a Flashbang, if you want a bit safer gameplay. Rahn’s rune actually adds quite a bit of damage to the build. Devotion map is pretty optimal, Aeon gives us an extra layer of defense and also lets us cast an extra Cannister Bomb every ~10 seconds.

This is an endgame build. For leveling check relevant guides on this forum

Stats

General

Defense

Videos

1.2.0.3 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 no buffs/no banners 4:43 run

1.2.0.3 Ravager 1:24 kill

1.2.0.3 SR 75-76 5:42 run (tough bosses)

1.1.7.2 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 no buffs/no banners 6:30 run

1.1.7.2 romanN1’s Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:35 run

1.1.7.2 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:43 run

Shard 90 boss room with few deaths

Shard 90 Grava’Thul fight

Crucible Gladiator 150-170 “naked” extra spawn 8:12 run

1.1.7.2 Shards 75-76 9:52 run

Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:35 run

Crucible Gladiator 150-170 “naked” run with extra-spawn (by supertolik)

1.1.7.1 Crucible Gladiator 4:44 run

1.1.7.1 Shards 75-76

1.1.7.1 Supertolik’s Shard 100 boss room

1.1.7.1 Supertolik’s Crate of Entertainment kill

1.1.7.1 Supertolik’s Mogdrogen kill
supertolik’s sick 7:49 no buffs/no banners Crucible Gladiator 150-170 run (max Spirit Dump/Aether Corruption spec)

1.1.6.1 Plasmodermic’s 4:31 run (max damage glassified version)

Shards 65-66 fast 8:22 run

My Crucible Gladiator 150-170 5:15 run

Shoot2033’s 4:12 run (super lucky run on a glassified version)

In Conclusion

I think Cannister Bomb as a skill is still pretty f-ing strong.

20 Likes

@medea_fleecestealer I was so tired when I posted it, could you please move it into classes and builds :slight_smile:

I think you got the section right.
This thing is so ugly it shouldn’t do 4:12 runs :scorv:

1 Like

I don’t have much time to test it properly and record videos but did 3x runs, dying once and finishing twice. My better time was just over 5:30. Very interesting play style with multiple damage sources stacking and without spamming skill. Devotions are superbly balanced, skill distribution is little bit greedy with Mirror being one pointed. But I like this concept a lot.

Time of @Shoot2033 is pure magic, congrats! Interesting as you know I am playing fire Ulzuin Sorc and am about to posted later today. Little bit of my magic when it comes to piloting. :stuck_out_tongue:

Buy this your glory rocket, cheers!

2 Likes

Grats, Lee ) Just my feedback about lightning demo casters in general :

1. Just compare to my fire version of ulzuin (in average , that works ~20seconds worse, than lightning, even with broken belt) . I don’t know that base skill(canister ) should be nerfed , but adding -(10%-15%) TDM on transmute is necessary(just this 3 skillpoints increase twice overall damage and you don’t need nasty items to fully convert this (like ulzuin’s rifle) . Maybe should rework ulzuin to work more as full set(because rifle is useless nowadays)
  2. Aether corruption. Pretty the same problem , as solael’ witchblade before(no limit to spreading, sighnificant more damage even than eldritch fire(due to converts) ----> that makes that few casts clears trash very fast) Suggestion ( OR reduce max spread (as eldritch fire) OR reduce damage on it OR remove RR on it )
  3. Mines . Just one word Cyclone(maybe better to transfer cyclone’s mines limit to full set with overall dmg reduction mods on it)

Anyway , thanks !

2 Likes

Great build! Why does ulzuin need any buff again? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I agree with that. I wish Crate would just revert all lightning nerfs and just remove lightning RR from this component. Would’ve solved a lot of issues, imo.

I would say - cut damage on mines but don’t transfer all mods to the set bonus.

You should’ve seen how painful it was to balance it because set and Barrelsmith have 0 mana regen and 0 casting speed :pensive:

Meanwhile, added SR 65-66 video

Build is a really fast 65-66 farmer, consistent too.

Yeah, this change Shoot proposed would kill a lot of builds, every second demo caster in fact. But if you think about it, you got two set-completion-tier mods on two items that 1) would still be decent even without them, 2) rarely block other sets, and 3) also happen to give extra 120%dmg from 2pc Cyclone.

But I’d also rather see addressing oupiedness by toning down numbers and not by taking features away from builds.

Hard to disagree. But I’d keep the rr. Aether Corruption actually deals quite a lot of dmg, considering it’s mostly passive dmg (click once and it keeps dealing dmg no matter what you do). I’d look that way, instead. That dmg is really not needed.

1 Like

Whenever you guys see a mad_lee feedback thread about items/sets, it’s (almost) never about it being bad. It’s because the guy finds it hard for himself to make a build with it according to his ideal picture. If you see an anomaly in any of lee’s builds, and by anomaly I mean:

Then it’s almost guaranteed to have a feedback thread

Except warborn. Warborn just straight up sucks

2 Likes

I know that you are my number one fan, but you can’t possibly agree that 5-piece caster set and two-piece caster pistol set having 0 energy regeneration and 0 casting speed is good?

Also, don’t be a hater, a lot of my feedback made it into pretty solid buffs.

Warborn sucks big time but for Cadence, EoR is still fine.

Ulzuin is great set, fast and without energy problems as Sorc and tankier as Purifier. Purifiers are so energy hungry though. Ulzuin should have caster stats, energy regen to be precise. Especially full set is so ugly and I have played it.

Now question is ofc if Ulzuin is priority for buffs since it’s already versatile set and doing great times. But that’s for another discussion. :weary:

1 Like

Well, the only set I can think of that doesn’t have caster armor pieces and also has energy regen is dunefiend, and that’s due to popular demand, so your requests might just be heard. Not for barrelsmiths tho. It’s a hybrid set, and supports attack speed and wps (no matter how bad it turns out) as much as the caster side does. Can’t have everything.

How is there a priority for buffs? Do you think sets wait in line in a cold winter evening hoping for an audience with scary but just Zantai himself? Just add the energy regeneration to chest and weapon and casting speed to amulet and weapon and problem solved :sunglasses:

I will take any slither of energy regeneration or casting speed between those two sets, I am not greedy. I am a sucker for quality of life buffs.

1 Like

1.1.6.1 Update

Build has been nerfed quite a bit. And no casting speed or energy regeneration or any quality of life buffs were given in exchange. Updated Grimtools and added a video of amazing @Plasmodermic’s run with max damage glassified version

Normal version will be about 20-30 seconds slower.

Threads outside Ideas and Feedback get this now too? Looks inappropriate considering builds can still get questions months after it gets the initial popularity.

I think we should ask @Zantai and @medea_fleecestealer about this.

Strange, shouldn’t have been on this as far as I can see. Only applies to Ideas & Feedback and Bug Reporting sections. I’ve removed it; no idea why it got put on in the first place though.

1 Like

It’s because Zantai got tired of nerfing my shit!

but actually it’s because I have created this guide in “ideas and feedback” by mistake and you have moved it from there to here

Yeah, that’s probably why.

Thank you for that concept. I assembled your build this way: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxXx9EV and had a fun time. I destroyed the Crucible and smashed my way through the 170th wave (however, Grava lived for quite a long time and was a hard bastard to take down). Also, the Grand Magus Morgoneth, because of his high lightning resistance, is a nasty opponent for this sorcerer.