[1.1.9.6] Behemoth - Physical AAR Templar [SR100] [4.25 crucible] [All celestials]

Scales mainly solve this problem, but while kiting sometimes energy goes low (because nobody is attacking you at the moment), so naturally you drink some energy potions.

first attempt on naked crucible in this patch:

1 Like

@grey-maybe

What would you say is a “perfectly rolled” Gargabol ring?

This? > https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62a8DXgN

Looks great, just make sure to cover up all resistances nicely.
Although, I’ve thought of Imposing/Stonefaced of Ruin, but this also works fine.

Very nice and op build! Thanks a lot

I’m kind of newbie yet. Could you pls help me with how to build this setup? Acrually the problem is with how to spend skil points and devotions in the begging/mid game. I’d appreciate that a lot!

Hello there.
The only adequate way to level this templar is leveling with fire and only then, after acquiring dagger+offhand, going into phys damage.
I’d recomend to use Callidor Tempest with Kyzogg’s MI or Eye of Reckoning. Since nobody has written any templar leveling guide so far, I can only give this guide by @Nery, but instead of Demo, use Arcanist. Maybe author will be kind enough to give you some usefull direct advises on the topic.

Templar is kinda tricky class, since it’s inherently glassy (not your build ofc), don’t have much leveling gear options and generally not cookie cutter leveling option.

@madara_op if I have to level Templar from the scratch will go Vire Might/Callidor Tempest perhaps focusing on fire/burn damage.

As for leveling very often start Bat then Quill and Elemental Storm. Storm have flat RR and also nice damage boost early on and Bat for healing. Kyzogg off-hand is possible for CT build and then Zartuzelan Codex for Vire build also is an option.

Surprised you say that, Templar is absolutely trivial to level unless you’re asking for some specific awkward playstyle.

I mean Templar is not the class, which is that straightforward. If you’re new player you might screw up. And Templar is still not tanky class and have limited amount of gear options.

I would love to try some day Templar and build to Vanquisher set though :slightly_smiling_face:

Leveling Templar with OFF + Conflagration is extremely easy.

what kind of levelling is not easy with conflagration ? ^^

The kind when you’re already level 90+ on Ultimate and Conflagration simply doesn’t cut it anymore, but your stash is empty because it’s your first character :slightly_smiling_face:

Then you can make up the last few levels in normal SR until 94, no need to smash into the walls in Ultimate.

You seem to have missed that :slight_smile:

Then do OFF + Judgment and Vire. I find playing with Templar really easy.

Thanks for sharing the build! I wanted to give it a try and, for the most part, I think it turned out well. There is, however, something that is driving me a bit crazy haha. The screenshot posted shows an expected DPS of about 220K, whereas, with the build below I get to 180K. The physical damage on my items is fairly well rolled, but the MI affixes on shoulder and pants are not perfect. Any suggestions from the experts on what am I missing? The cunning is indeed low, but I suspect that’s just because of the MIs. Cheers and thanks!

AAR_question

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrx4032

2 Likes

Oh, it’s quite easy - I have never updated the screenshot, so it shows pre-nerf values (flat from gloves, amulet and buff to off-hands %damage.)
Glad that you liked it and actually leveled it. I thought that farming this off-hand with good rolls is hell.
I’ll check the actual dps values in a moment.
UPD: So, here’re most recent values:

No temp. buffs:

With temp. buffs:

You might also have simply less than 200%CS.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks! I’ve got the 200% CS; the difference now is most likely just the lack of % physical damage on the pants and shoulders, which I am fine with :slight_smile: Thanks for your speedy response!

So i am fairly new to GD and was wondering if something like this would be new player viable especially one with no legendary gear in stash to pass on

That certainly is not the best option.
Although, all items can be farmed, it’s clearly not for beginners and there’s no guide to level it up.
If I were you, I’d search for some begginer-friendly builds, like this:

There are more of them, but 0 for templar.