[1.1.9.6] Behemoth - Physical AAR Templar [SR100] [4.25 crucible] [All celestials]

Then do OFF + Judgment and Vire. I find playing with Templar really easy.

Thanks for sharing the build! I wanted to give it a try and, for the most part, I think it turned out well. There is, however, something that is driving me a bit crazy haha. The screenshot posted shows an expected DPS of about 220K, whereas, with the build below I get to 180K. The physical damage on my items is fairly well rolled, but the MI affixes on shoulder and pants are not perfect. Any suggestions from the experts on what am I missing? The cunning is indeed low, but I suspect that’s just because of the MIs. Cheers and thanks!

AAR_question

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrx4032

2 Likes

Oh, it’s quite easy - I have never updated the screenshot, so it shows pre-nerf values (flat from gloves, amulet and buff to off-hands %damage.)
Glad that you liked it and actually leveled it. I thought that farming this off-hand with good rolls is hell.
I’ll check the actual dps values in a moment.
UPD: So, here’re most recent values:

No temp. buffs:

With temp. buffs:

You might also have simply less than 200%CS.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks! I’ve got the 200% CS; the difference now is most likely just the lack of % physical damage on the pants and shoulders, which I am fine with :slight_smile: Thanks for your speedy response!

So i am fairly new to GD and was wondering if something like this would be new player viable especially one with no legendary gear in stash to pass on

That certainly is not the best option.
Although, all items can be farmed, it’s clearly not for beginners and there’s no guide to level it up.
If I were you, I’d search for some begginer-friendly builds, like this:

There are more of them, but 0 for templar.

Thanks for the post of your build. It’s totally useless for anyone except the 6-7 extremely experienced players here who have done everything and have everything, but that’s how it’s in every build posted here. There are some beginners’ builds too but seriously outdated. Any new or returning or even medium experienced player will not find help here. Sure, when someone asks for help, he/she can get answer very quickly, but the game itself is so deep that nothing can be covered with a simple answer. I don’t want to be mean or criticizing, it’s just an observation :+1:

When it comes to beginner builds even old ones aren’t really that outdated since most of them cover very basic stuff that updates won’t affect much. Endgame items that get “destroyed” in patches usually don’t appear in beginner guides. As for skills that get nerfed and are now deemed “weak” by the endgame community, it doesn’t matter - if you’re truly a beginner you should be looking for okay builds that will help you farm for whatever actual strong build you want. Imo, the problem is more on people being used to other (often competitive) games where updates affect all levels of play and therefore have an impression that a beginner guide made patches ago will become irrelevant. That thing applies to endgame on builds with all the optimal items but not on beginner guides.

2 Likes

Thanks for your honest opinion, I deeply care about “normal” player feedback.
Sadly, I’m not planing to change a single thing about it, because I can’t imagine an issue, that prevents “normal” player from simply playing the game, leveling their character and farming items.

Hey, this is an awesome build! I wish I would have had the file for testing, but my hastily thrown together version is still great. I was just testing it out and got a sweet SR80 (where the time was fast despite me derping about.) https://youtu.be/nQZHufrOHAc

1 Like

Glad that you liked it. And congrats with results!
Anyway, if you’re still interested in character file, here it is:
_Behemoth (s).zip (1.4 MB)

Thanks so much. I will def be testing it more!

Thanks for this build. I’ve gotten to a point where I’ll make a new alt just to use an item I’ve never used before. For this build, it was the Deathstalker relic.

Glad that someone liked it.
Deathstalker is the best physical relic currently, so it’s quite meta. Even beats soldier’s relics on DK.

All hail @Stupid_Dragon for leveling guide!

See, Templar turned out completely easy peasy to level.

So, what other classes are too arcane for you guys? :rofl:

• Warder, because having two broken levelling skills isn’t enough!
  • Saboteur, because can’t think outside of DW Melee box!
  • Apostate, because we need beginner guides for every class, even though there would be noone insane enough to follow it.

0 voters

DK phys arc, you know why
haroldw

1 Like

Can’t undo my buffs when there is no Nullyfication involved.

I wonder how items like this or this and even this belt could work while leveling with phys AAR or even for a budget endgame setup until you get essence of the grim dawn.

@grey-maybe Also what do you think of Albrecht’s Duality ring instead of Sethris? The proc is full physical and it hardcaps disintegration too.

You may have all conversions in the world, but if your skill remains at 16/16 and no skill modifiers it won’t be doing that much damage. And if you pursue skill bonuses then you won’t stack enough %physical, which still means your damage would be lowish.

It’s certainly better damage-wise, but resistances are funky with it. With DR greens shouldn’t be a problem ofc.