[1.1.9.7] Expelliarmus! 4:37m Crucible 150-170, SR 75-76 facetank PRM Mage Hunter by mad_lee [c+][sr+][vid]

That sounds pretty surprising and illogical to me - but if you say so then thats good to know, thanks. Why would i assume for a game engine be “obvious”.

You can have both the damage reduction and absorb in MH;).
One of the things I like most about the Wand is the mode to Inquisitor Seal,super useful,when you need to reposition yourself in Crucible.

Btw,SR set looks ugly,especially the shoulders,I prefer Spellgaze helmet even:D

I wanted to see if I could get some help on current build I have:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlPboMV

I didn’t get all the numbers right, but I have 80%+ resist on everything, but bleed & stun (45 & 15 respectively)

I can’t beat the end boss for AoM in fleshworks, and it’s probably my DA which is only 2065 holding me back, but not sure what to do as it feels I’ve hit a wall.

I am honestly not that good with Grim Dawn math, it’s pretty surprising for me too. But it’s like that.

Don’t use PRM without end-game gear, it’s useless. Try looking for beginner’s guides in the compendium. This build becomes this build only after you equp all the gear at level 100. It’s the endgame spec.

John Smith took this build for a wild ride: naked 150-170 run with extra spawns (8:30 timer). Added video to the op. Good example of how actually tanky this build is.

awesome build, ima try it since i actually have a lot of the items and been wanting to play prm!!

I prefer to play PRM than other skills of Arcanist. Thanks for sharing your guide.

1.1.4.0 Update

Build is still extremely strong despite monsters’ buffs across the board and Invoker’s RR nerf. It benefited quite a lot from Arcanists buffs so in my opinion it’s still one of the strongest casters in the game if not the strongest. Changed up Crucible spec a bit and it became even more fun. Bat on Stormbox was not needed for this build to survive, so I decided to spice it up. Now it has Tsunami on Storm Box! Extremely fun and powerful!

Uploaded new GT, stat screenshots and a video of the fastest run I have managed in a new toughened up Crucible. Notice the beautiful wreckage caused by Tsunami bound to Storm Box.

2 Likes

How is the build doing after the hotix?

Much worse. But I hope damage conversion split would be fixed in the next hotfix, created a feedback thread for it.

@idontwannaknow0

I will reply here because I don’t want to steer that thread into off-topic.

So first of all, I have tested all options. The most optimal one (one thing that I have learned from @John_Smith) is always bind your RR to your auto-attack. It is true in 95% of cases. This build binds Arcane Mines to PRM.
Now, Elemental Storm from Rhowan’s Crown. Build naturally has huge aoe damage and great (but not greatest) single target. Build is also build in a way that it can withstand all combinations of foes in Crucible. So your optimal strategy is to herd as many mobs together as possible. Aetherial Corruption is a great proccer, and build has high CDR, so after you cast it, whole screen is covered with Elemental Storm puddles. But then, why not bind it to Stormbox then, right? Well, Stormbox’s power is in its amazing proc ability. So binding Elemental Storm to it just for the sake of more precise RR puddles placements seems like a bit of a waste. However, if you bind Tsunami or Bat to it, then it’s basically being procced right after a cooldown. For Bat it means constant leech (great in SR), for Tsunami it mean fucking destruction, because you have its proc proccing every 0,7 seconds.

Why Ultos to Seal? Well, from my experience, Ultos is not that big of a damage dealer. And its RR is not that significant really. This build has an ability to cast Inquisitor Seals with almost no cooldown. And those seals have exteneded lifetime. So you can cast 2-3 on a big area in 1-2 seconds and forget about them. Because sure as hell few mobs are gonna step on them and Ultos will be proccing with decent intervals.

Also, I can’t change my bindings just because few hero mobs have glitchy resistance to “that kind of bindings”, and no elemental builds will or should adjust their bindings just to counter those 3-4 mobs.

Those mobs just feely buggy and glitchy and no fun at all.

Does this build still complete SR65/66 on ultimate fairly decent? Or should I wait until next hotfix to see what happens?

I think it should, yeah. Used to be able to do 75 before. So should be good, I haven’t tested yet.

Any changes to this build since 1.1.4.1?

Nope, I am pretty happy with the Crucible spec I made in 1.1.3.0 with Tsunami. I am not happy with unfair Invoker changes however, still waiting for some kind of fix.

Any changes with 1.1.4.2 hotfix?

Not mad_lee but this got a sliiiiiiiiiiight buff for this patch but I doubt it matters

Why don’t you take Fiend instead of Rat? With that leftover point you can afford it.

Oh, it’s simple, I don’t have any more spells left to proc it. If anything, I would’ve added Bat to Crucible setup, but no more skills left. And I don’t want to add another skill just to proc devotion - it’s going to be a dps loss for sure.

You can’t assign it to an item skill? I’ve been able to do that with most item skills, but I don’t think it will be a dps loss even if you don’t assign the devotion. You just swap a little poison for a little fire.