[1.1.8.0] Olexrian Judge - strong physical mage with a laser, Templar using Obliteration, SR 80+

Someone did a test, damage converted to physical damage will by-pass armor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJ_wiK7_P4

I know but my Albrecht the Freezer has more than twice DPS and a lot more RR to compensate less monster resistance to physical and still this physical mage kills things faster. Don’t understand it really.

Mobs in general have low physical resistance compared to other resistances. So its easier to push mobs physical resistance to negative values.

I know but my fire AAR build has RR from 110 to 230 depending on OFF. Massive RR. That should compensate it. Yet this one is a faster killer.

also heroes etc can roll with resistance gear and +% physical res on gear is i) rare and ii) not that high values.

Perhaps the high crit damage does also a lot. With elemental builds there are always some uber resistant enemies. Physical damage has nothing like that.

It sure does :slight_smile: Esp combination of Arcanist and OK you will get some crazy crits for sure. I have theorycrafted Fire AAR Templar, just for the crit dmg.

1 Like

Templar is generally a strong class combo. Every one I have made is ok tanky and deals good damage. Not enough of templars posted here generally though. I will post some in the future.

Yes moar templar builds would be nice.

Speaking of physical DE, x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x2 made a retaliation based one here [1.1.6.2] THE Z U C C - Phys Retal DE Oppressor - (cr+) (SR80) which were just broken strong. “Regular” physical DE I have no idea how far one can push though but could be interesting to try it.

That is actually not true. It’s one of the weaker ones. That’s the reason it’s posted so rarely.

1 Like

Any thoughts on a Templar build using Beronath and Spellscourge set maybe with chain lightning or storm fire.

Judgment, Devastation and Guardians can do the trick. If you could squeeze in OFF with conduit for it then it would be nice.

Just coming back to the game and i love unique, non-meta builds like this. The problem is i much prefer to level with the build i’m actually going to use later rather than something completely different. Is it possible to level with this build using OFF, Judgement and Guardians? Any idea what that would look like for skills and devotions? Thanks.

Yes you could level that way and from level 75 you can switch from elemental damage to physical. Just till level 75 do this + some skill from component or use conflagration relic with it.

Cool thanks. Would you go for OFF first and then Judgement and then Guardian? Also, which devotions would you pick up first?

I would go with OFF and fireball from component then changed it to conflgration from level 35 and from level 75 I would change it to physical.

I am retesting my older builds for SR 80. I revisited this build and it can do SR 80 relatively easily. I am surprised that it was like that. Physical AAR must be a beast.

I don’t like to play SR much but SR 65-66 and SR 80 are easily accessible. So I will from now on test my builds in SR 80 as well.

How would this build idea work with Occultist instead of Arcanist? I see you’re not really utilizing the casting speed in the Arcaist tree, what if you had Curse of Fraility for some really good pyhs res reduction, and Blood of Dreeg for heal, OA, phys res? It seems to me that it could work

I have it here. Both Templar and Sentinel could have some more optimizations when I look at them (I will optimize them sometime soon). I think that the Sentinel will be close to this one.

With this one the idea was not fully go into casting speed for Obliteration but add Judgment, OFF and Guardians. Jack of all trades kinda. It is a liitle slower against some enemies in high SR but quite sturdy. I like building weird stuff like this.

I have optimized the build. It took one green and some skill and devo changes. It is now better both offensively and defensively. I also tried Deathstalker relic but survivability is way better with Serenity.