[1.2.0.3] Rahn's Rocket: 4:10m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, SR 75-76 (SR 100), Celestials killer lightning caster Sorcerer [vid][cr+][sr+]

even though i really like the creativity and big CDR with Eternity relic of the old Sorc, this new one is still god-like. i dump more points to physique to play SR (at least 2k7 DA, since my reaction inside boss room is quite slow), the result doesnt change much from old Sorc. Right now i’m trying Elementalist with the same concept, to utilize the WPS and atk speed of those pistols: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2J3om0V
but in the end, even with bigger RR and awesome proc-machine like Wind Devil and Tortem, its still worse than Sorc for some unknown reasons

1 Like

Creativity and breaking up sets is apparently frowned upon by Crate as can be seen thru many patches. :rofl:

Sorcerer is just a god-like class oozing with all kinds of synergies. It allows you to gear very offensively because of its CDR and multiple fail-safe mechanics. Elementalist got raw damage but no real defenses to fall back on.

1 Like

Safest sorc ever. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I wonder if it’s close to the fastest one too. In theory, Fire CB setup should be stronger due to better itemization. But then again, it would be fire with a single RR.

Thanks for the sick vid, gonna add it to the op, unlucky you got Maiden at 170, could be 4:30 if it wasn’t for her.

Not a fan of super deep Shards or naked Crucible runs but this Sorc is so easy so recorded few vids for people who like unfair and unbalanced challenging content:

1 Like

Hello. First of all, thanks for your work, i’ve been following your builds for a very long time and it alwas was a pleasure, especially your vit conjurer <3.
I want to ask, by your opinion, which build is stronger overall, your sorc or this? Invoking the elements (1.1.7.1) - the all-mighty Sorceress (EVERYTHING+)

Thanks.

I have played @Dmt’s sorc and it’s a very good build, tanky and fun. But this Sorc (Rahn’s Rocket) is definitely stronger in all departments. It’s the strongest Sorc overall and pound-for-pound one of the strongest builds in the game. Let’s hope Zantai leaves it alone, lol.

Thats cool. I assume its better to level as pure fire now, since lightning transmutter have been gutted?

It’s been ages since I have leveled anything. You better consult some of the beginners\leveling guides for that.

TSS was overnerfed, Canister Bomb is a bit stronger now, unfortunately

Totally forgot to add this “naked” run of mine, probably will not be able to replicate it, lol:

1 Like

sorry if noob question but why are there multiple choices like restless remains that affect on attack if the build uses only skills? i’m new and just want to see the benefit.

Restless remains is used to reach a comfortable level of cast speed, which makes your rotation smoother.

And the lil’ extra attack damage converted to health makes chain lightning (your “filler” skill on LMB) leech more, since it has a weapon damage component which can leech.

Keep in mind that the wording “attack damage converted to health” means that it works on all things that have a weapon damage part, even if they are spells, so in the case of this build it also works on devotion procs like Hand of Ultos and Spear of the Heavens.

1 Like

Where do you suggest moving points from to do this?

Flame Touched and Elemental Balance. But honestly, I have done naked Crucible and Shard 90 without doing it. I think 12/12 Mirror and 10/10 Nullification is needed for an extreme challenge, like Shard 100 or something. Otherwise 7/12 Mirror (it’s where the breakpoint is) should be enough for all the challenges you an think of. And for SR 75-76 farming and Crucible farming default skill allocation is more than enough in terms of tankiness.

1 Like

Dusting this build off again after monkeying around with melee sorcerers for a few weeks :slight_smile:

Any suggested changes? I think it may be possible, at least, to fiddle with components and augments a bit due to the resistance improvements.

I’d say drop a point into Demon Fire, maybe reshuffle some armor augments. Other than that it should still be pretty unkillable.

1 Like

This build is indeed still a blast. Thanks @mad_lee

1 Like

Any changes to this build in 1.1.8.1?

Drop a point in Demon Fire. Other than that, build looks like it still has everything covered.

1 Like