[1.1.8.0] Storm Blitzer - Primal Strike with a shield, Warder, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to use Stormrend axe from totems + shield for Primal Strike. This time I chose to use Blitz with it and therefore used a Warder. Primal Strike hits hard even with one weapon, added to that we have two movement skills - Blitz and Masterful Rahn’s Might - with which you can avoid getting hit if needed. You can facetank most of the single boss enemies even in SR 65-66.

I have other Primal Strike builds here. I have other shield builds here. I have other lightning melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Primal Strike builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Dragonborn – great build, 2H melee physical PS, good offensively and very powerful defensively (best of my PS builds)

2. Thor – great build, 2H melee lightning PS, offensively similar to Dragonborn, defensively noticably weaker than Dragonborn

3. Aetheros Ranged – great build, 2H ranged aether PS, offensively a little weaker than Dragonborn, defensively a little weaker than Thor

4. Aetheros – great build, 2H melee aether PS, offensively a little better than Aetheros Ranged (and a little weaker than Dragonborn), defensively a little weaker than Aetheros Ranged

5. Colderos – great build, 2H melee cold PS, offensively noticably better than Dragonborn (best of my PS builds), defensively a little weaker than Aetheros

6. Colderos Ranged – great build, 2H ranged cold PS, offensively a little weaker than Colderos, defensively a little weaker than Colderos (actually only when facetanking bosses otherwise you can take out enemies from distance)

7. Aether Primate – great build, 2H melee aether PS, offensively similar to Aetheros Ranged, defensively a little weaker than Colderos Ranged

8. Viteros – good build, 2H melee vitality PS, offensively a little weaker than Aetheros Ranged, defensively similar to Colderos Ranged

9. Meme Striker – good build, 2H melee lightning PS, offensively similar to Colderos, defensively a little weaker than Viteros

10. Chaotic Primate – good build, 2H melee chaos PS, offensively a little weaker than Viteros, defensively noticably weaker than Meme Striker

11. Mental Primate Druid – good build, 2H melee elemental PS, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Primate, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Primate

12. Storm Blitzer – OK build, 1H melee + shield lightning PS, offensively a little weaker than Mental Primate Druid, defensively a little better than Chaotic Primate

13. Mental Primate Conjurer – OK build, 2H melee elemental PS, offensively a little better than Mental Primate Druid (but a little weaker than Chaotic Primate), defensively a little weaker than Mental Primate Druid

14. Storm Knight – OK build, 1H melee + shield lightning PS, offensively similar to Storm Blitzer, defensively similar to Mental Primate Druid

15. Savage Stormrender – weaker build, DW melee lightning PS on cooldown + Savagery, offensively noticably weaker than Storm Knight, defensively similar to Storm Knight

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23bpM7N

Crafting bonuses on helm and medal are to stun resistance. To address the coming questions - component on the belt is chosen for OA.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS for one handed weapon + shield - around 160k DPS

high crit damage 68 %

high OA - base above 3100 OA and with Fighting Spirit above 3400 OA

325 DA reduction to enemies from component and Blitz

OK resistance reduction from Wind Devils, Revenant, Viper and Widow

damage from devotions - Spear of the Heavens, Widow and Revenant

DEFENSE

nice life around 14000 HP

nice DA - above 2900 DA

150 OA reduction to enemies from component and Arcane Bomb

nice lifesteal 19 % (with Wendigo Totem)

with good movement you can reduce getting hit if necessary but you can facetank easily most of the time

high important CC resistances except trap (not that useful anyway, Benny is easy)

reasonably overcapped resistances

nice physical resistance 25 %

nice armor - around 2400

% damage reduction to enemies and disrupt their skills from War Cry (with good CDR almost always up)

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

blocks from shield

image from the game with passive buffs only

Storm%20Blitzer%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Fighting Spirit

Storm%20Blitzer%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. It doesn’t even have any great problems with Grava which melee lightning builds usually do. I tried SR 80 with and it is too glassy for it.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

2 Likes

does blitz work well here?

and why not taking Overguard (instead of Blitz, probably) as a save ability? It also provides a small but useful amount of damage absorb.

Amazing build
Thank you for your imagination

2 Likes

Nice proof!

1 Like

I don’t like the skill much. I wanted to use Blitz. It damages OK (nice AoE and sigle target) and DA reduction is useful. And the build has nice CDR. I can use Blitz every 3 seconds. With 19 % lifesteal I can do SR 65-66 OK. Perhaps for higher shards you could go with Overguard. When I play with shield builds I always play offensively and not defensively.

looks very interesting

1 Like

Would making Mogdrogen’s Pact a one pointer and maxing out Military Conditioning and then taking out say 40 points off Physique and putting then into Cunning a bad idea?

If you can manage energy requirements of PS then it could be done. You will have to try it though.

Alright so MP is there purely for energy regen?

Yes, mainly because of that. It could work the way you said https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxk5EE2 but I put them into spirit instead of it.

Cool ill try it out and see how it works, thanks for the reply!