[1.1.7.2 - 1.1.9.8] The Chaos Tick - Rah'Zin Warlock SR75-76 & Ravager

20% aether res and 13 OA per point? Yeah, its a waste.

12 OA per point is the highest you get from a mastery passive, it’s even more than Conviction. Where else would you put the points

also @eardianm it definitely would be worth using fang as your main hand weapon… it will give you more leech from bat and fiend procs. (unless the goal was to do slightly more damage with them)

1 Like

Looking at the video I don’t think more sustain matters at this point since he’s healing full hp anyway very quickly. The extra 1.2s of immortality can be a big deal though, given that his SR strategy is to zerg bosses with damage.

So did I until he made me play it (takes alot for me to play chaos damage) - Safest melee character ive ever played without having scales.

But I don’t see what makes the difference actually.

I am actually now replaying my chaos warlock in SR 80 as an update to all of my builds. And maybe I still have in mind the first version I posted because with the current version I have there it is actually doable. Tougher but doable. It was my first run so far. Let see haw it will be after more runs and I didn’t yet came across Reaper or Benny. I couldn’t understand why there would be a difference. Maybe there isn’t. I just fixated on the first version I posted before updates and on my hate of chaos builds :smiley:

Well half of my spinners are certainly tougher even those without scales.

Well shit, guess I need to finish testing this and make a proper guide now.

@Stupid_Dragon It definitely feels like the thick skulled less skilled cousin of witch hunter rah’zin, although performance is still strong enough I’d argue it’s above meme status. Potentially more tanky than WH but I don’t see supporting Arcanist skills making up for the lack of WPS damage that NB brings.

@Valinov GT is a bit off from in game, Fang is currently main hand. Will be one of the points of testing, along with alt devo maps like trying guardian so @Ptirodaktill doesn’t think I’m a baddy

Overload points are just a dump for OA and resist as moncc called out. Only other interesting option was maxing DB, but it caps at 17/12 currently so I wasn’t expecting big results there. Will test this as I play with other devo trees

@Duchy was surprised when I put this together, saw you had near identical build and didn’t seem to think much of it. Glad you’re seeing better results now, I assume with the more AoE focus setup. Agrivix’s Malice is the relic play imo since AoE is the chaos AA weak spot, you’ll notice in the video CoF triggering fiend + relic proc on packs of trash just melts them while I beat away on the big boys.

General comment - Chaos AA gear is really really stale. Max damage rah’zin+2 or 3 piece harbinger set is very hard to top. Only alternative that pops up is if you need different chaos gloves for skill support and then go ravager helm. Rings are basically 3 choices and even medals tend to be limited. At least 1 Fang always shows up as well, every stat is a perfect fit. Hoping 1.1.8 brings a couple other interesting choices

Pretty much. I hate building chaos builds.

Still playing SR 80 with it. It can be finished all the time but you die everytime as well. Lower number of deaths - you stay within timer. More and time runs out. I still didn’t run into Reaper.

Same can be told about bleeding , vitality, aether and fire . Thats even worse for 1h lightning.

That was a joke. =) Check different devotions, anyway. Korvak for high %WD characters can be quite good. And Guardian gaze is like 2 Fiends. Not sure if you need bat .

1 Like

Awesome build.

I told you it was possible :

My only change was replacing a seal of the void for a haunted steal.

2 Likes

I have virtually no idea what I’m doing in crucible, but might as well learn. ~5:56 on second attempt ever, the only thing I remember is top right 160 bottom right 169 :see_no_evil:

Should be an easy platform to learn with as I really have to shit the bed to die

3 Likes

There is also the benefit of PtH going beneath 70% acting as another damage reduction as well for any hit that lands, but this hasn’t been widely used due to the massive amount of DA one would have to stack (easiest done nowadays with huge OA shreds like Wasting/Blood Boil) and because PtH got capped at 60% as it was being abused.

1 Like

Not much point in stacking 4k DA so that you have smth like extra 10% damage reduction, especially given that while players can have access to huge OA shred, but so do enemies. A single fabius can nuke your DA by 700 or so, nullifying a lot of investment.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem that huge(although I’m not familar with dynamic (de)buffs in Crucible for example) to start working according to the calculator.

Assuming monster 2200 OA effective (1st value I thought of based on database) and following effective DA:

• 2900 DA - 0.78% penalty
  • 3000 DA - 4.91% penalty
  • 3100 DA - 9.01%
  • 3200 DA - 13.1%
  • 3.3k DA - 14.29%

(doesn’t go lower than 14.29% which maybe due to the formula or maybe I fucked sth up, or maybe due to capped PTH)

[edit] formula is

Penalty = 1 - PTH / 70 if PTH < 70

it’s the biggest for PTH = 60 and equal [nvm ninja’d by Baka in the next post]

Yep, hence why it’s not used. Was just pointing it out is all. It would be interesting if it got a slight buff though, like the PtH threshold getting moved up from 70 to 75 so DA values at approx. 3.1-3.2k and upwards start to see the damage reduction on enemies like Bosses/Nemeses.

14.29% is the maximum as that is when PtH caps at 60%. 1-(60/70) = 0.1429 damage reduction.

3 Likes

DA still provide increasing returns till the cap, so 3800 EDA is not a waste if the character need some additional protection. Too bad, these value are only atteanable by specefic class combo that rarely need extra protection, or deliberately try to reduce DA in first place :smiley:

I actually forgot the high DA mechanic was even a thing because of this. For most class combos it’s no where near worth the trade offs to push DA that high

Bump. Decided to take a look at this after many patches. Still some minor testing to do around 2pc harbinger + doombolt. Without doombolt similar results with worse AoE. This is still a meme compared to witchhunter but who cares

GT: Warlock, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Ravager of Flesh 1.1.9.8 Rah'Zin Warlock Ravager 1:20 - YouTube

SR75-76 (slow, bad 76 rooms + I suck at melee) 1.1.9.8 Rah'Zin Warlock SR75-76 - YouTube

1 Like

Finished testing, OP updooted

1 Like