[1.1.8.0] Three Aether Spinners - DW aether EoR Templar, Shieldbreaker and Oppressor, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make a DW aether spinner - I have 3 versions - Templar, Shieldbreaker and Oppressor. In all versions I have used dual Dreadfires, conduit for aether EoR or Guardians conduit, same items (except affixes on greens) and same devotions. For conversions I use both daggers, amulet and helm. The best version is the Oppressor(best offensively), then the Templar (best defensively, weakest offensively) and last the Shieldbreaker (weakest defensively). All versions are SR 65-66 capable. For the Oppressor it is a total piece of cake. All three can even do SR 80 except that they can’t kill Reaper.

I have other spinner builds here. I have other aether melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my spinners from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Yugol the Insatiable – great build, cold + acid VR, use of dual damage is good, offensively good and defensively strong, ease of gameplay is OK despite using both CoF for RR and Lethal Assault for buffs

2. Aether Spinner Oppressor – great build, aether EoR, offensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

3. Gyroscoper – great build, physical EoR, offensively a little better than Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little weaker than Aether Oppressor, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

4. Twilight Spinner – great build, aether + chaos EoR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Oppressor, defensively similar to Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

5. Yugol of Twilight – great build, aether + chaos VR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR

6. Aether Spinner Templar – good build, aether EoR, offensively a little similar to Yugol of Twilight, defensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner (but a little better than Gyroscoper), nice gameplay

7. Chilled Spinner Shielded – good build, cold EoR, offensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Gyroscoper, nice gameplay with passive RR

8. Chilled Spinner – good build, cold EoR, similar offensively to Chilled Spinner Shielded, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner Shielded, nice gameplay with passive RR

9. Aether Spinner Shieldbreaker – good build, aether EoR, offensively similar to Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

10. Spinning Inferno – good build, fire EoR, offensively similar to Aether Opressor, defensively a little weaker than Aether Shieldbreaker, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

11. Spinning Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire EoR + OFF, offensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Inferno

12. Chaotic Spinner – OK build, chaos EoR, offensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, nice gameplay with passive RR

13. Yugol the Hungry – OK build, cold VR, offensively smilar to Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR + CoF (Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

14. Skywalker – weaker build, lightning EoR, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Yugol the Hungry, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

15. Spinning Immortal Army – weaker build, acid VR + pets, offensively similar to Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Skywalker, nice gameplay with passive RR

Version 1 - Oppressor

This version is the strongest - good both offensively and defensively.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYWxrlV

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguard and Gargoyle Girdle. You want affixes for OA, DA and fixing resistances. I used crafting bonuses on helm, ring and amulet for stun res (2x) and slow res.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 240k - 270k

low base OA - close to 2800 OA (nice OA with Ascension around 3150 OA)

up to 309 DA reduction to enemies from Judgment and Annihilation

low critical damage 15 % (23 % with conduit bonus for EoR)

nice aether resistance reduction from Spectral Wrath, Arcane Bomb, Dreadfire, Eternal Haunt and Revenant - up to -114 %

damage from devotions - Spear of the Heavens, Revenant, Imp and Phoenix

DEFENSE

OK life around 12500 HP

OK DA above 2900 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 500 OA reduction to enemies from Dark Desires (skill from Rune), Siphon Souls, Arcane Bomb and Annihilation

nice lifesteal 20 %

OK CC resistances without Ascension except stun resistance (high CC resistances with Ascension)

reasonably overcapped resistances

OK physical resistance 25 %

low armor - 1700

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

flat damage absorption from Ascension and Phoenix

+3 to all max resistances (+7 with Resilience active)

lifesteal from Kilrian’s Flame

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage from component

Serenity

image from the game with passive buffs only

Aether%20Spinner%20Oppressor%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension

Aether%20Spinner%20Oppressor%202

Version 2 - Templar

This version is best defensively and worse offensively. Tough to die. Aetherial nemesis are a little slower to kill otherwise offensive side is still good.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2Mo5QmZ

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguard and Gargoyle Girdle. You want affixes for OA, DA, elemental resistance and you absolutely need Dread Lord’s prefix on the belt for lifesteal. I used crafting bonuses on helm, ring and amulet for armor.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 240k - 270k

nice base OA - close to 3000 OA (nice OA with Ascension - around 3150 OA)

up to 318 DA reduction to enemies from Judgment and Annihilation

OK critical damage 35 %

OK aether resistance reduction from Arcane Bomb, Dreadfire, Guardians, Eternal Haunt and Revenant - up to -92 %

DEFENSE

OKish life around 12000 HP

OK DA - above 2950 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 330 OA reduction to enemies from Dark Desires (skill from Rune), Arcane Bomb and Annihilation

OK lifesteal 16 %

OK CC resistances without Ascension (high CC resistances with Ascension)

low armor - close to 1900 (with crafting bonuses)

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere

flat damage absorption from Ascension and Phoenix

+3 to all max resistances (+7 with Resilience active)

Ghoul

Serenity

Aether%20Spinner%20Templar%201

Aether%20Spinner%20Templar%202

Version 3 - Shieldbreaker

This version is better offensively and worse defensively than Templar.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7b4r62

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguard and Gargoyle Girdle. You want affixes for OA, DA, elemental resistance and you absolutely need Dread Lord’s prefix on the belt for lifesteal. I used crafting bonuses on helm and amulet for energy regeneration.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 240k - 260k

OK base OA - above 2900 OA (nice OA with Ascension - above 3100 OA)

up to 272 DA reduction to enemies from Judgment and Annihilation

nice critical damage 48 % (56 % with conduit bonus for EoR)

nice aether resistance reduction from Thermite Mine, Arcane Bomb, Dreadfire and Revenant - up to -108 %

DEFENSE

OKish life close to 12000 HP

OK DA - 2950 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 330 OA reduction to enemies from Dark Desires (skill from Rune), Arcane Bomb and Annihilation

OK lifesteal 16 %

OK CC resistances without Ascension (high CC resistances with Ascension)

low armor - 1700

flat damage absorption from Ascension and Blast Shield

+3 to all max resistances (+13 with Resilience and Blast Shield active!)

Ghoul

Serenity

Aether%20Spinner%20Shieldbreaker%201

Aether%20Spinner%20Shieldbreaker%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

Oppressor - it does SR 65 easily and Repaer is fine. SR 80 is mostly easy but Reaper can’t be killed so I can’t make it full SR 80 capable.

Templar - it does SR 65-66 easily. Reaper is fine even with low RR. I tried SR 80 with it and it can do it although slowly but it can’t kill Reaper so I can’t make it full SR 80 capable.

Shieldbreaker - it does SR 65-66 easily. It can even do SR 80 but it can’t kill Reaper so I can’t make it full SR 80 capable. Aether resistant nemesis are tougher to kill.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR

image from SR 66 for the Oppressor

image from SR 66 for the Templar

image from SR 66 for the Shieldbreaker

8 Likes

Nice ones and interesting comparison

I promised myself not to a single EoR build after my restart, perhaps I need to change that thought :wink:

1 Like

If someone wants disrupt resistance - Arcane Harmony pants can be used but I didn’t find it necessary. I wanted phys res more.

I have two other spinners prepared, so you will maybe have to rethink that :slight_smile:

I got burned out from “spin2win” by playing and making guide for my “Beginner Spinner” xD

AND compared to Whirlwind in Diablo III (my fav build in that game), Eye of Reckoning is a clunky as fukk

1 Like

Insane creative build, mate. I love aether melee build! :heart_eyes:

Based on your build, I tried Dreadfire and Mindwarp setup like Nery’s Defiler (In my DPS estimation, it should have achieved higher damage due to higher base damage, phys to aether conversion and RR even without skill bonus of Dreadfire).
As a result, both of Dreadfire*2 and Dreadfire/Mindwarp setup were same performance — 38 sec dummy.

However, Mindwarp has a high OA, so I like Mindwarp and Dreadfire setup!

1 Like

When do we get to see Physical Sigil of Consumption and Doom Bolt Sentinel?

I already made a physical Sigil of Consumption build. It is named Judge Obliterator. I thought about DB as well. But I plan a lot of other physical stuff before that.

I thought about it as well, but Mindwarp is so overused, so I decided to not use it. I also like the conversion of fire for Phoenix and Imp and bonuses to skills. Don’t forget about that.

Ah right that one! I was too obsessed with the looks of the SR mask there to remember anything about the details :smiley: + I am drunk now

1 Like

You ask and you shall receive! Krieg Physical Bolt Witchblade, Sentinel should be good too.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbaM0g2

2 Likes

I have updated this build with a 3rd version - the Templar.

I have also noticed that the other two versions I posted have a link without no points in Heart of Wrath. Take one point from Crushing Verdict and put it there for better proccing of Phoenix.

Really enjoy your oppressor spinner Duchy! Thanks.

1 Like

I think it might be one of the strongest EoR builds. Aether EoR with it is no meme at all.

2 Likes

Why the rings, instead of Albrechts for example?
Is it due to the lightning-aether-conversion of aether corruption?

It is mainly for conversion on Soulfire.

Thanks for the build, very helpful.
Do you have any version of Fire EoR Shieldbreaker?

No, I don’t but there is one on the forum made by Nery [1.1.4.2] Shieldbreaker from A to Z, including end game, budget build+leveling guide

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Duchy,
Which one of your is the strongest EoR build?

Aether Oppressor is the best. Very close second is Spinning Inferno. Third is Spinning Freezer.

1 Like