[1.1.8.1] Ele Mental - 2H melee elemental Cadence Battlemage, SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make use of a weapon from Monster Totems (Voidtouched totems for farming) - Scion of Arcane Force. Build uses elemental Cadence as main attack skill. Easier to do is Witchblade with Occultist’s elemental resistance reduction but I went for the harder option of Battlemage and made it work even with low available RR. Core of the build is Shattered Guardian set. Build has high DPS and crit damage to compensate for low RR. I managed to get good AoE on Cadence - up to 8 enemies and 260 degrees attack arc. Build also has both % damage absorption and reduction. It can do SR 80 but it is slower in it.

I have other Cadence builds here. I have other elemental melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my Cadence builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Oleron – great build, 2H melee physical, good offensively and very powerful defensively

2. Aether Crusher – great build, 2H melee aether, offensively a little weaker than Oleron, defensively noticably weaker than Oleron

3. Ultos – great build, 2H melee lightning, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Crusher, defensively a little weaker than Oleron

4. Chaotic Crusher – great build, 2H melee chaos, offensively similar to Aether Crusher, defensively noticably weaker than Aether Crusher

5. Amatok – great build, 2H melee cold, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Crusher, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Crusher

6. Ele Mental – good build, 2H melee elemental, offensively a little weaker than Ultos, defensively a little weaker than Aether Crusher

7. Empyrion – good build, 2H melee fire, offensively a little weaker than Amatok, defensively a little weaker than Amatok

8. Rattosh – good build, 2H melee vitality, offensively similar to Amatok, defensively a little weaker than Empyrion

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pB8opZ

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

high DPS from 160k to 240k

high base weapon damage

high attack speed 188 %

high critical damage - base 64 % (82 % with Elemental Imbalance)

good OA - base above 2900 OA (with fighting spirit around 3200 OA)

55 DA reduction to enemies from component

low resistance reduction - from weapon bonus to Cadance and Viper

damage from devotions - Elemental Seeker and Arcane Currents

DEFENSE

good life above 15000 HP

good base DA above 2900 DA (+Arcane Will increases it)

55 OA reduction to enemies from component

OK lifesteal 15 %

damage reduction from War Cry and Masterful Korvan Swiftness (if you time it correctly it is always up)

capped CC resistances except trap

capped disruption resistance - Eternal Band ring + bonus from Blind Sage

disruption to enemy skills from War Cry

reasonably overcapped resistances

+3 to maximum all resistances

OK armor - close to 2400

OK physical resistance 26 %

% damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

% damage reduction to enemies from War Cry

Ghoul

Shatterguard

Menhir’s Will

Prismatic Rage from component

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

image from the game with passive buffs only

Ele%20Mental%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Deadly Momentum, Elemental Imbalance and Fighting Spirit

Ele%20Mental%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build can do SR 80 but it is slower in it. Grava is tough but doable. Elemental resistant nemeses are slower to kill.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

7 Likes

Hey, man, A+ for posting your builds but this

This couldn’t be further away from truth. Please, avoid from making statements like that unless you have made extensive tests and have videos to back it up.

1 Like

Actually the SR set makes things tankier than the Ultos set. I tried it with my last build. But OK for you I will change it to - my 2H melee Ultos Warder. Satisfied? And by stronger I meant tankier.

Edit - this post replies to other posts that are no longer here.

I corrected it to my Ultos build! Which I agree may not be among the strongest (because it does not use Savagery). Yes I can upload it.
And quite frankly I don’t care about your deep SR and fast Crucible times. It is just like showing who has bigger d*ck.

2nd edit - uploaded files removed (testers had enough time to download them if they wanted them)

3 Likes

I have seen you multiple times trying to talk down on other people’s builds if you don’t like someone’s build simply don’t type anything negative this is grim dawn anyone is free to post whatever they want this is not a competitive game where you have the “i’m better that you” mentality so chill

2 Likes

Yup looks almost exactly as the build I planned to do, though I planed to use slightly different devotions :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: I guess this means I have to move that build higher up in my priorities now! Or perhaps I should do witchblade version?

I know you like this game, but do you think it should be treated as rigorously as nuclear physics?

People can claim whatever they want, there is no part in the forum rules that one needs to have video proof or whatever.

12 Likes

Good effort mate, only thing i still hate about this is the insanely low RR but theres not too much you can do about that with a battlemage. Im not sure why they put flat RR on the weapon when you can get flat RR from elemental storm. Would have made more sense to put -%RR cadence modifier instead.

Yes some - % RR should be added on something for battlemage only though. But I am not sure where. Perhaps special set for elemental cadence Battlemage.

Not all skills can have the -%RR modifier on them.

It is possible to get all tier-2 -%RR devotions though, but I don’t think that it is a general good solution - though it might be worth testing here.

yeah good luck convincing zantai to do that

It clears SR 65-66 OK but it is its tankiness. It could clear it bit faster. It is not slow but not fast either. Any other build without SR set would have big problems.

someone else did that on discord, they specced into all the elemental RR devos but the build was a squish fest with bad resists

it’s impossible to put -%RR to such skills as Cadence or any other AA.
that’s how game engine works

1 Like

Then new set for elemental cadence battlemage with skill that gives - % RR. Set could be farmble only from totems :slight_smile: 4 piece set like vanquisher set but for battlemage.

That was the first version of my build with all elemental RR from devos. But I changed it to this version. It is better.

Damage reductions do not stack btw.

I know but they last shorter than their cooldowns. So you use them after each other for continuous damage reduction. You jump in with rune and after 3 seconds you use war cry. Lasts for 5 seconds and then rune again and so on.

Damn, I need that Scion of Arcane Force to my 2H Melee Sorcerer. I farmed dozen of times FG completely with every totem and hero and Kaisen but no chance… Nice build, btw why are you using SR set with every build?

Not with every build. With this one there is no substitute that can survive good enough in SR 65-66. In my previous character I tried at first to use Ultos set but farming SR 65-66 was very incosistent with too many deaths for my taste. So I switched it to SR set as well. It is just a good allrounder set that is sometimes better than dedicated sets. And sometimes there are no sets to use and combination of other items is inferior. I have so far posted 8 builds. Only 2 of them used SR set. In both cases I at first tried different set ups.

For Scion of Arcane Force you need to farm Voidtouched totems. Here is a good video about it.

1 Like

I needed to use SR set for it to work. That seems to me like it needs its own set considering it is a transmutor to a skill and that often has its own sets.