[1.1.8.1-1.2.0.0] Smashadin Reloaded: All Celestials, SR 100 (vid) - Can't dodge Sunder? Just tank it!

Ok, ty, I got freeze resist, so hope it works out :smile:

To be fair, freeze resist is kinda important too, I usually drink a potion to cap it if I have to fight Moosilauke in deep SR.

1 Like

This is def one of my favourite builds :+1:

1 Like

Revisited my favorite build with 1.1.9.2 update which made him stronger than ever. Changed quite a few things and re-recorded every pertinent video. Cleaned up the thread a little and added download link for everyone to enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

really meaty feeling build,dont have the medal however,would Mark of the Voracious One - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database be a decent alternative?

1 Like

Hey, big thumbs up to this. I will admit this was at least partially the inspiration for my Shieldmaiden’s Tale build - building a tanky, non-retal spec that could tackle all content. :smiley: May have watched your SR100 video a couple times. Maybe I’ll get there eventually on that build too, though I kind of doubt it since it’s a slightly memier concept. XD Always great to see more paladin builds around too :trophy:

1 Like

While I haven’t tried it, Mark of the Voracious looks like a decent alternative. The additional sustain probably isn’t needed, but the weapon damage on Shattering Smash looks yummy.

Its main downside is that it doesn’t have Offensive Ability so you might need to use Judgment’s DA shred as a crutch to apply Assassin’s Mark vs Celestials. Stun resist might be a bit low, but this build can take a hit or two so it’s not that big of a deal :smiley:

1 Like

hey man, Im using this build for my first character in this game. I got the octavius set you have here, also the boots, gloves, medal and a lower level siegebreaker. I have couple questions if you don’t mind. First of all whats the purpose of word of pain in this build, I dont understand that skill.

Second is what is the best place to farm the pants and the belt since I cant find them anywhere.

Finally is it better to use Earthsplitter (mythical) if we find one? or is the bargoll more optimal? I have done the dungeon for like 20 times but I cant get the fercor mace and the alacrity gargabol ring but I dropped a mythical earthsplitter during my runs.

Thanks for the build it’s really fun to play a melee centered paladin, which is my favorite class in all the games I play.

reason you want bargoll stick is the shattering smash modifier, not the +3 skill, so earthsplitter is basically “useless”
you can buy the weapon btw, you don’t have to run the dungeon more than once, you can just reset Vinelton’s inventory until a good one spawns
you reset it buy running back/forth to the other dungeon floor past the load screen then wait 10 secs (or more) run back and check his inventory

Word of Pain adds physical resist reduction via the modifier from Siegebreaker - same reason non-myth siegebreaker doesn’t help much since it’s the modifiers you want

belt you can craft/transmute via Avenger craft and transmutation
legs are random, as with any legendary your best bet of farming is high yield stuff, monster totems is a good early farm avenue, SR 75-76 on Normal gives you 6-7 legendaries for 10mins run, later on SR 65 Ultimate or Crucible 130-150 Gladiator becomes best farm wise

2 Likes

wow had no idea about that shop trick… wasted so many hours

yep found the weapon :smiley: thank you so much mate

hey guys Im having another problem with the build. I distributed the attributes as it was shown in the grimtools but my physique is not enough to wear chest and leg pieces like this. Im short around 20 physique if I use the attack speed gargabol instead of physique gargabol

stat rolls on items can vary, they have ups and downs, what GT shows is the avg stats, - if your boots or shoulders rolled with less +physique you need to compensate
stuff like blacksmith craft bonus, like angrim with %physique can also alter how much stat you have
what matters in the end is that you can wear it, so you just redistribute attribute points according to your needs/your item rolls

2 Likes

Earthsplitter was used in an earlier patch since gloves only converted 50% pierce to physical. Also, my first version of the build used pierce ring augments so the full conversion was really necessary back then. But now, gloves convert 100% pierce so Earthsplitter is redundant. Bargoll is now clearly the best option (probably always was but eh).

Glad you’re enjoying the build and also thanks to @Gnomish_Inquisition for answering every other question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the same Bargoll’s Root in Ancient Grove:

Imgur

Looks like this is another build I’ll have to try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice build :slight_smile:

May I ask why the siegebreaker shield is bis though ? I thought a kalis kah shield with good rolls would be stronger.

It’s true that Kalis Ka can roll with higher physical resistance and has a bunch of % damage. However I think the flat damage, the rr on WoP modifier, weapon damage on shattering smash and the proc (3x 100% weapon damage shotgun) more than make up for it. Would need to test dummy kill time though, which I haven’t done. Also, the max pierce resistance is nothing to sneeze at either.

Yeah true, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply ^^

Found your build searching for meele builds pressing a bit more buttons than just LMB :smiley:
Seems dead though cause of the 1.1.9.6 nerfes right? What ist your point of view on the patch?

Why is it dead? Core mechanics remained same, nerfs did not change the archetype at all. The build looks viable still :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes