[1.1.8.1-1.1.9.7] Aether Rutnick Blaster Paladin - Ravager, Mogdrogen, SR 90, Crucible 170

The build kills Ravager. You don’t really have to find those 19 points.

1 Like

Too late, did it anyway! Still kills Ravager!

hey dude nice! Will you post the physical build too that I “helped” you with? :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can update the GT too, now when you have a build that actually uses the GoE RR from helmet.

Just updated the picture and the GT link.

And yes I will post the physical paladin soon, I want to record Ravager and Callagadra kills first as I didn’t do it the first time. (Ravager took forever since silly me picked the one with the fumble pools). Your help was much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum btw, glad to see you here as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

From 1.1.8.0 Patch Notes:

I thought this was already fixed so that the RR is applied on the Guardians and not requiring Celestial Presence, or I am understanding this wrong.

I thought that just means that it was not applied at all, there are also conduits that adds RR to GoE, but you still need celestial presence for it. -x% RR you need a ticking skill to apply, like an aura. And without celestial presenense, GoE has no aura and hence no way to apply -x% RR

A good build overall, but are you sure that you need that much DA? Looks like an overkill even for Ravager.
Apart from that, i’d recommend pushing storm spread to 7/10 for additional projectile and trying to get of shattered realm affix instead of of abomination

Edit: 6 mins for 161-170 though

1 Like

of shattered reality :wink:

2 Likes

I find the wording of “-XX% RR added to Guardians of Empyrion” to mean that the RR is applied to each hit that the Guardians do and not from Celestial Presence. I prefer the wording to be “-XX% RR to Celestial Presence” so it’s clear that you need to get that specific node if it’s intended to be that way.

it has been confirmed long ago mate. the only way to mod RR for GoE is from their aura, not their basic atk. and there cannot be a description mod to a skill’s node, not the base skill itself, for example “100% lightning dam converted to vitality to AAR” will not be intened to be that way, since the node AAR give you 0 lightning dam, so you want it to be “100% lightning damage converted to vitality to Disintegration”?? thats what the game’s mechanic, you learn some news everyday

You can not apply -x% RR with single hits, has to be a ticking skill

The thing about Celestial Presence is it gives the Guardians an aura, which doesn’t affect their base stats in any way. Disintegration adds Lightning damage to AAR, so the beam now has that together with the flat Fire and Aether damages. It’s clear that you need Disintegration if you want to utilize Lightning to Vitality conversion since the base AAR node doesn’t have any Lightning damage.
Also, I know how the mechanics work; it’s just that the wordings are sometimes misleading unless you go deep into researching how it actually functions.

I never knew about this until you mentioned it, thanks. I guess the intention was that you are forced to spend 18 + 1 skill points just to modify RR for GoE, if you’re not using the base RR that Celestial Presence gives.

Anyhow, I am amazed at the use of Watcher of Erulan. I know that this shield is good but never thought about combo-ing it with Rutnick gun.

2 Likes

It is coded deep into the Grim Dawn engine. Many ppl have cried over that Soldier and Arcanist skills should get -X% RR, but they have no such skill that could even make it possible (well OFF the freeze CC makes its almost impossible to apply to any meaningful mob)

I just happened to get a 4% DA roll on Serenity that’s why it’s so high I guess. I think the stun resist affix would serve the build a little better while maintaining DA high enough.

Thank you for your other suggestions, I linked a slightly modified version of the build.

The updated version looks really good, congrats on the build!

1 Like

Hi, which rutnick blaster’s affixes would you recommend? Magestorm of alacrity or warped of fervor? Warped of fervor has slightly higher dps according to grimtools but I’m unsure if the magestorm proc would bridge the gap or not.

Hey, interesting build! I have a question if you don’t mind; do you really need that much DA? You can pump some of the physique into spirit to gain some %magic damage, you may lose some health but the 100-150 DA loss doesn’t really matter in my opinion since you’ll have over 3k anyways. You also can keep Resilience at one pointer and spent extra 2 points into somewhere else.

I honestly don’t know, both seem good. Would require some proper testing to figure it out.

Not really. As I was saying in a post above, I got 4% DA roll on Serenity; any other roll would result in much lower DA, idk if it would be wise to remove points from physique then.

In fact I’ve been doing some fine tuning since I posted the updated version. Moved the extra 2 points in Resilience to hard cap Safeguard and moved 10-15 points from physique to spirit. Dps is slightly better but I’m waiting the next patch to post an update in case some relevant changes happen to items and masteries.