[1.1.8.1-1.1.9.0] [HC] Trap, Doot, and Slice - Rimetongue & Phantasmal Blades pierce Infiltrator

INTRODUCTION

The idea was to have a fun spec that combines the debuff skills that Rimetongue supports with Phantasmal Blades. Since I tried that with cold damage pre Forgotten Gods, I wanted to try pierce damage this time.
I had an Infiltrator lying around at lvl 94 for quite some time, but I didn’t wanna make the 999th generic dual wield cold, pierce Belgo or SR set + Noctirn spec.
After seeing @Snazzblaster 's Rimetongue build I knew what I wanted to try: Pierce damage Rimetongue + CD Phantasmal Blades

^ingame stats with all permant buffs up including Pneumatic Burst and Word of Renewal, without temporary buffs. DPS shown is Shard of Beronath, highest crit 271k (probably a single Phantasmal Blade).

GRIMTOOLS

1.1.9.0: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G1v9GZ

PERFORMANCE

YT playlist

Highlight video from patch 1.1.8.1:

• vs dummy ~25s

first tries:

Gladiator Crucible:

LEVELING

I would recommend you to level this build as dual wield pierce melee with focus on the dual blades line and dermapteran slicers to level pierce devotions during the leveling phase. Check out my Nightblade leveling guide, especially the piercing damage parts of it.

SPEEDLEVELING

That said, when it comes to the lvl 1-94 time, nothing really beats cold dual wield for speedleveling, which is what I did when I leveled the char:

Feedback & Final Words

Pretty decent performance for such a “meme” spec imo. Surely one could squeeze out more dmg on softcore, but it’s not gonna break any records.
As always any kind of feedback is apprechiated!
Feel free to check out my other builds in my HC build collection! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Rektos stealing another build and title, as expected (:
Nice build.

it’s a joke btw

3 Likes

RektbyStealing

:heart:

2 Likes

Working my way up to this (currently 77) in softcore. I was wondering what changes might be best to trade-off some survivability for higher dps, perhaps in the constellations, which is where I feel least capable of making my own changes? I’d still like to be able to consistently complete SR 75 in at least Elite if possible.

Added SR 65-66 run on 1.1.9.

How would conversions work if I’d use Frenetic Throw? I equipped Spite just to test it out while farming the off-hand and I quite like it… It made gameplay much more smoother - build has spell with 0 CD, ~2,5s CD, 5s CD, auto-attacks and WPS +2 active buffs - I like piano builds, but I don’t think all those skills “flow” together nicely.
Gun+Off-hand should be better than Spite but I’m not sure if it will work with spam PB and I can’t test it myself because I don’t have off-hand yet.