[1.1.9.4] Lightning Mortar Trap Elementalist CR 4:30 SR 80

/>first time posted
/>SR85
/>4.40 CR
/>7.30 Naked CR (almost done)
/>full SSF BiS gear

that’s impressive.
gonna add this one to the table, we lack elementalists.

and that’s the attitude i like!

2 Likes

Nice debut and welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

About the self found greens that was meant as ironic. Those were 100% GD stashed :smirk:

i overlooked italics. well
still great.

Welcome to the forum and great first build!

I like it a lot and I’ve been playing few Elementalists recently, the class still have some untapped potential!

2 Likes

Sadly that potential is limited to casters. Sadly because if not the inconvenient RR Elementalist has some makings of a ranged build.

Yes, ranged Elementalist looks way inferior to Purifier and Vindicator.

To me Elementalist is at least an option for melee character - Ultos, DW Primal Strike or 2x Stormhearts are all possible. For instance melee build with SR set is pretty tanky, which leaves you as downside only the bad ways to reduce RR. And also explains why Cyclone is so good for this class - it boost/focuses exactly on Devils and Mines.

1 Like

Yeah, Cyclone more or less carries elementalist as a class. Wonder when anyone pairs cyclone and LD.

1 Like

That’s good idea I might test it!

LD Elementalist with 2x Ultos weapons, different devotion trees, this one’s more tanky but less damage/OA:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gmzrBZ

1 Like

This is my elementalist https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR1bJ4V
(note: SSF gear for real)

1 Like

Yay! Another new friend has joined the party! Welcome to the forums! :upside_down_face:

I love the idea of Mortar Trap builds, and still have yet to play one! Most recently talked to @Ulvar1 about this. Thank you for sharing! One of these days Ill finally play with mortar trap build, and will definitely be studying these builds when I do.

2 Likes

Yo guys!
Definitely agree that cyclone set is kinda carrying Elementalist. It gives much needed phys res and OA and boosts two core abilities. Outside of cyclone it feels weird to warrant elementalist over other class combinations. Your LD elementalists looks interesting though. Ive never tried out stun jacks, hows their performance?

2 Likes

Neither did I, but from what I know the point blank DPS is among the highest in the game, and with Ulzuin’s Chosen it’s one of the highest bursts too if you’re lucky.

Problem is you have to position your self if you want to actually deliver that damage. You’ll also have to survive being point blank to enemies. Good for world recors dummy kill times, questionable for actual gameplay.

2 Likes

I like the thrill of it , kill fast or die fast :slight_smile: perhaps not good HC mentality

1 Like

Cooldowned Stun jacks seems more fun to play than modified one for me. Double Ultos spark is probably best weapon slots choice. From my tests:

1. Sorcerer - most fun because it’s tanky due to Mirror. Not very fast as sorcerer class (Crucible around 5:30) but consistent. Demolitionist Conduit with lightning conversion for BWC is nice for clearing trash monsters.
  2. Purifier - did not play it much, probably some more damage potential than sorcerer but I’m SealsHater so I avoid inquisitor class everytime I can.
  3. Elementalist - most damage potential with maxed totems + wind devils, can go sub5 min in Crucible but survivality is HORRIBLE. Did one run, died on 160 wave with ~2:00 mark and abandoned it because I saw no future in consistency.

Stun jacks is problematic skill because reaching full potential require facetanking and shotguning enemies and SJ has no WD or anything to rapid heal.

2 Likes

yes most SJ builds recent I have seen in crucible and high SR are purifiers

[1.1.4.2 - 1.1.6.2] (Caster) Electrify My Life - Stun Jacks Purifier [c+] [sr+] this came to mind

I love Stunjacks build because Disengage rune works awesome on it, and i love Disengage rune gameplay!

1 Like

1.1.9.0 update: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aa6BD2
Pretty rough patch for the build with nerfs to totems, mortars and cyclone set. Decided to test other relics and drop some DA to try and push for faster crucible timers. Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm performed better than Eye of the Storm for me.
4:29 crucible vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZu55BB5DwM

1 Like

Hey I’m really wanting to do this build. Any chance of a devotion path breakdown? I’m terrible at finding my way through that.

Hey! These days i would probably include turtle devo since its very viable now and elementalist needs all the defensive tools it can get.
So something like this Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Yellow crossroads
Turtle
Red crossroads
Viper
Lotus
Green crossroads
Behemoth
Remove all crossroads points
Widow
Dryad
Ghoul
Sailor’s Guide