[1.1.8.1] No-set Physical Forcewave Death Knight -> CR 4:50/ 170ex naked 6:55/ SR 105/ Ravager 2:20 + Mogdrogen 2:35 + Crate boss/ 75-76 farmer

Ye imo best option, especially for high sr and celestials, is swapping in this Lifegiver signet ring. The loss of damage is marginal since u gain flat damage from soul harvest anyway, and except acdth, i also gain a lot of health and some DA

Hello just wondering, did the last patch affect this build much?

Not much, casting speed on callagadra helmet is changed into health and it has +2 forcewave from weapon so 2 free skill points.

Another question if its not too much of a bother. Is the blind fury proc in the oleron constellation key to the overall damage of the build? Looks nice but im kinda leaning towards the azraaka constellation proc for a more defensive minded approach.

you are fine with azkaara, devotion procs except for resistance reduction ones, are only a small % of the builds overall dmg output

Thanks you, iā€™ll give it a try

I went for Oleron due to Greyā€™s advice (I have no pierce->physical conversion to make Azraaka worth more) and it was little bit faster, although itā€™s okay choice. I donā€™t know if it would really improve defensive side much, build is already very tanky.

Want to start off by saying huge thanks for this build, its my very first character and has been a huge upgrade over the old outdated 1.0.5 or something forcewave build guide I was following before. I wanted to get your thoughts on a double rare gargabol I was super lucky to get while farming for the deathstalker relic. Wouldnā€™t this ring just be a straight upgrade over the menhrian? Only thing Iā€™m not sure about is how much work that earthquake ability really does.

4 Likes

I am glad you enjoy this build :smile: Your double rare ring is amazing, better than Menhirian, take it. Earthquak is not really useful, I took this ring mostly for defensive purposes.

2 Likes

holy s**t that ring dude :open_mouth:

Yep, iā€™m playing this build too, itā€™s incredibly good and probably the best FW build Iā€™ve played. Thanks!

1 Like

this is one of the few rare things about this game i find insaneā€¦i understand Miā€™s being good,but why the heck can a random green ring be such an extreme rng upgrade over legenderies

Would you like legendaries to be always BiS?

well no,like i said,i understand miā€™s,but legenderies i feel should be better than greens,and its not like these situations are rare,i see more than half builds having non mi greens

also being competitive would be fine ish i guess,but some of these greens just blow the legenderies out of the water

But this ring is a MI :slight_smile: also hard to get because you have to get through the whole dungeon and kill Gargabol
btw in 1.1.9.2 Combustion Band gets a buff and might be better than this ring anyway, at least in DPS

Why should they? That ring is much harder to get than normal legendaries, Iā€™ve run Ancient Grove more than a hundred times and never got a single gargabol double rare ring, getting one with both rare physical damage affixes is extremely lucky.

1 Like

oh its an miā€™?huh i was under the wrong impresion miā€™s were just the stuff that modify ablities,but yeah,i guess the requierment for something to be an mi is to simply only drop from a specific source/type of monters,this ring is just odd in it doesnt doā€¦anything besides the good stats

i get that,but they could have made it a legendery mi,the game has plenty of those also

Hi,
how this build is being impacted by the recent changes to damage conversion?

Damage converted to Physical is now properly reduced by Armor. This fix also applies to Retaliation damage converted to Physical.

• if all the flat damage converted to physical is added together, weā€™re probably still fine.
  • on the other hand, if each of those damage sources is considered individually, then the build would need a major revision, or it has even become obsolete, right?

Thanks!

edit: found some info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/7d5od2/is_there_a_basic_explanation_of_how_damage/. The flat damage is indeed added to weapon damage and then % damage applies.

edit 2: for those who wonder, Aether to Physical conversion comes form Seal of Might, at 25%. It took me long to find out.