[1.1.8.1-1.2.0.0] Smashadin Reloaded: All Celestials, SR 100 (vid) - Can't dodge Sunder? Just tank it!

This is a tanky melee Paladin, built to facetank superbosses and push high SR. Revisited for 1.2.0.0 and made quite a few changes. Now with more damage, tankier and less piano!

Smashadin stats
With permanent buffs

Smashadin RF damage
Righteous Fervor sheet damage

Smashadin phys res
You don’t need sustain if you don’t take damage

1.2.0.0 GRIMTOOLS CLICK ME

Old version

In case you wanna compare
1.1.9.2 GRIMTOOLS

Achievements (1.2.0.0 videos)

Celestials
  • Callagadra Facetank through Sunder. Only OA pharma was used.
  • Ravager of Souls Have to avoid the fumble pools. Only OA pharma was used.
  • Crate Not the easiest fight on melee but doable if you corner him and abuse clusters.
  • Had already killed Mogdrogen on this build so I can’t bully him again
Shattered Realm
  • SR 75-76 full run Smooth sailing
  • SR 90 Still relatively easy
  • SR 100 Obviously quite hard. Would’ve been deathless if Benny didn’t spawn his sunder crystals 0.01 seconds before dying. Thought it was hilarious so I left that in.
Gear
  • Shield: Siegebreaker for Shattering Smash and Word of Pain mods, solid stats all around.

• Gloves: No other option but to use Grasp of the Unchained Might here for pierce conversion.

• Weapon: Any Bargoll Root with attack speed will do. I farmed ancient grove vendor for 8 hours to get that one, 10/10 would recommend

• 3 piece Octavius is the best option in my opinion, with its conversion and solid defensive stats. I tried Avenger chest + Calla helm setup and it’s just worse.

• Deathstalker relic for attack speed and rr. Used Serenity before, no longer necessary since I’m using other amulet now.

• Amulet: Azrakaa’s Sands 100%. Storm Box conduit isn’t necessary.

• Rings: 1 Black Matriarch and 1 Gargabol (with attack speed). Combustion Band is also an option now, but it’s much harder to get 24/16 RF with it. Use Steelbloom augment over Hammerfall now

• Medal: Mark of the Voracious one for Smash mod and sustain. Wendigo Glare might be more damage, but I don’t like farming wendigos.

• Belt: Avenger is the best Oathkeeper belt here even though we can’t use the granted skill.

• Boots: Boneshatter Treads for slow resist and OA. Can be replaced by some good Stoneplates

Devotion

Old setup used Light of Empyrion for damage reduction. I’m using Horn of Gandarr instead now, so Vire route is more damage and better resists. Dryad is a major part of the sustain. Ulzaad, Bear, Assassin’s Blade and Azrakaa are the big damage devotions. Crab is good now. Turtle isn’t necessary.

Skill points

This is a skill point hungry build. Obviously max RF and Consecration, every flat physical damage source as well as both wps. Horn is the best damage reduction source in the game so max it as well. This leaves us with only 1 pointers for Seal and Asension, which is enough. Flat absorb is more efficient the tankier you are, but then again the tankier you are, the less you need it.

Thanks to @RektbyProtoss and @grey-maybe for suggesting this devotion path.

31 Likes

Nice work with the build! Also fun to see calla fights without pharma

You have a timer for CR 150-170?

1 Like

I don’t, I only recorded one 161-170 run, but it was surprinsly fast I must say. Was able to do two 150-170 runs without having to buy buffs again.

1 Like

Nice to see this get tested and posted. I had a similar idea some weeks ago and threw some GT links together for it but went with 3pc Avenger and as much focus on Shattering Smash/Smite as I could like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gQR0gZ. And this for a Warlord version: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP8WoKZ. I like the tankiness that Octavius adds though, never would have considered it :+1:.

2 Likes

Hey, man, by “Crucible 5:18” builders usually mean buffed/bannered 150-170 run not 160-170 run, you might be confusing people with that title a bit.

Other than that, congrats on your first build!

2 Likes

Oops sorry about that, I’m kind of a Crucible noob, I just added that because I know some people are interested in Crucible timers. Fixing the title right now!

2 Likes

Congratulations on facetanking Callagadra, nice to see new builder on forum :smile:

As Lee said, there on forum our “metric” for Crucible is 150-170. With tanky characters you can attempt too “170ex” which is extra spawn + 0 buffs/banners.

2 Likes

IT’S A FACETANKER. Nice build.
Check this @grey-maybe, a paladin that is up to date.

1 Like

just to remind you, he also posted this paladin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats on the build, I really dig it!

1 Like

Added youtube link for this challenge as well.

1 Like

Updated Grimtools, just moved 1 point in Obelisk due to new layout.

Verry nice build!

I noticed that with current setup, if you put one point in rune of kalastor, this will put it at lvl 14 (at least that is what grimtools tells me for 1.1.9.0 build).
The current modifiers on your items already convert almost all the dammage for rune of Kalastor dammage to physical.
This would get you a dps increase I think?

Octavius set is indeed oriented towards rune of Kalastor and the medal I use also provides a bonus to it. However, these are not the reason I picked these items, they just happened to provide the right stats for the build. It’s already kind of a piano build, plus rune of Kalastor at 1 point would deal less damage than siegebreaker due to the lack of weapon damage. Would advise to just go full Octavius if you want to use rune of Kalastor.

1 Like

Platemail of Octavius and Mythical Chausses of Barbaros both require 1035 Physique while the character’s physique attribute goes only up to 1034. In this case you can’t equip those two pieces. What am I doing wrong?

Some of the items (e.g. gargabol ring, final march, octavius shoulders) have variable physique rolls. I expect this is where the difference is made up.

1 Like

Added SR85 boss run. It’s easier than before since I don’t have to worry about fighting multiple bosses at the same time (I never understood camera exploit).

Put my patience to the test to reach SR 90, added video of boss room as proof. Probably can’t go higher since damage is rather low.

Also adjusted the build with a few more points in Smite. Damage is slightly better, but still bad in Crucible.

1 Like

Have you tried working in Dire Bear constellation for the armor reduction? It might have an impact on certain bosses for such an amount on unconverted physical? Pure curiosity on my part.

I haven’t tried it. I could give up Toad and the 3 nodes in Obelisk to afford that. Losing a lot of armor and DA though. Guess it’s worth a shot.