[1.1.9.3] Conjurer; physical pets; no green items; SR75-76 [WIP]

Foreword and credits
I am not really builder creator type of guy. The original idea is not mine. There are few ways how this build came to existence and i believe main people who either created the original back in original game or around AoM release were @Maya (i think one of them might be at this point quite old The Furry WarGod - Pet Conjurer from Maya), @Sigatrev and i believe there was one more person, i am really sorry that i don’t remember but it’s several years ago. So most of the credit goes to these great members of GD community. I only kept the build alive with small updates from base game until now. Also if you guys think this is defiling your idea about the build couple years back, please consider this as apology as well :).

Build
This is not a stash build, i did get items myself and/or crafted so this is still unfinished. It’s lazy way of gameplay, just run around spam Blood of Dreeg, Call of the Beast and Curse of Frailty. Sometimes throw curse a bit later so that pets can get enough aggro. Resummon them when they die, rinse and repeat.

Grimtools link

Grimtools link for Bysmiel’s Domination - original build in 1.1.9.0

Items considerations (change/alternative)
Offhand - once i get it i want to try out Gate to Many Worlds
Relic - Bysmiel’s Domination works quite well as well (until you can get Mogdrogen’s Ardor)
Belt - For sure Mythical Nosferattis needs to be tested, might work better, i will see
Bysmiel Trinkets set - Not so sure about this one. 3/4 (not using medal from it) might be better, than current rings and amulet. Using medal will for sure need skills/devotions respec.

Skills and Devotions
Current ones work just fine, there can be some minmaxing (removing point from Light of Empyrion and 2 points from Vire, the Stone Matron and placing them into something more pet oriented altho this may not be desired for some of the bosses due to lower resistance overcap. I see this more as tank build so resists are a bit safer way.
Skills can be probably a bit more optimized, i have to look at this. It would be more in lines of mixing how many are allocated to already picked skills rather than bringing new ones, etc. Maybe swapping one for another may be option.

Bosses
Lokarr - easy farm, sometimes it can get a bit tricky but in general should be fairly safe
Crate of entertainment - so far i couldn’t kill this but i didn’t try too many times
Tomb of Heretic - bread and butter of farming, fairly safe; last boss depending on the rolled dungeon modifiers can be annoying but also can be very easy
SR75-76 - just don’t pull all bosses at once and it should be good

Media stuff
SR75-76 run : [1.1.9.0] Conjurer; physical pets; SR75-76 (Grim Dawn) - YouTube

3 Likes

Reserved for some possible need

I would like to mention here very recent topic made by @Ulvar1 - [1.1.9.0] Physical Pets! Beastcaller Conjurer ~13 min Calla, Ravager, SR 75-76 it’s quite similar and for sure worth checking out!

1 Like

LOL another physical pet build thread :smiley:

I think you are gimping build too much not using zaria amulet and bloodsworn off-hand. 65% more dmg on briars is effectively having 2 * 1.65 = 3,3 briars

I only feel honored that someone remembered one of my builds from way back then :yum:

It is rainbow :3
I used to do the same back in AoM era :yum:

It might be yes. Offhand is indeed one of the weaker links here probably, it’s for sure one of the items which is in the build among the longest time. I see this more as tank build. Also summon from Grimoire is actually kind of nice.
Also i want to avoid green items (altho bloodsworn off-hand is not that hard to get).

Of course i remember, i spent time over like last 2 days looking through forum builds so i could give proper credit :smiley: . I have to confess that it is very hard to play anything else than pet builds now. Despite all the nerfs, i stay true to the righteous path of the pets.

2 Likes

Same with Zaria amulet, you will have a good one in a few runs. It is an item with pet affix bias, same with the off-hand afaik (which you get plenty of on the way to her) and Zaria even drops it herself.

The avoid greens paradigm, we already discussed in great length today :wink:

what i like about it is the extra summons :yum:
i know the days of “meni minions” are mostly behinds us, but i do kinda like filling up the hotbar with all those pets and running out of space to put skills :blush:

1 Like

I made a video of how that average-ish (no idea) in SR75-76 looks like. Plenty of probably bad piloting is also included.

Does bloodsworn codex actually have pet bias? Getting a good one isn’t that hard because in any bloodsworn area they drop a lot, but most of them have useless damage affixes. I know some items didn’t have proper affix bias and some of them were fixed this patch, maybe the codex was one of them?

I am not 100% sure, but there is only 2 magic tier pet affixes (subjugator and wanderer). So you first need to roll rare affix in the first place to get something “useful”

NIce build. Few comments:

• you have too many points in spirit, i would readjust it to equip off hand (max 730 points), rest in physique = extra hp + da
  • probably Assasins’s Mark is better on Briarthorns as there are two of them to proc RR better, but if you are fine with current allocation , then no need to change it
  • you have a lot of Chaos overcap, it’s worth putting Aether Soul in the medal and Seal of Ancestry in the amulet , the proc from it really helps
  • if you concentrate on Physical damage, is there a need of so many points in Vulnerability?
  • Hellhound now does decent damage (especially with Zaria pendant). It is absolutely worth to take any (repeat: ANY) Bloodsworn Codex + Zaria pendant until you find some decent pet bonuses on both + maximize Hellhound.
    Pets will die less and they will do more damage. It worked like a whole new level of things on my bleeding Conjurer, i suppose you will feel the difference as well.
  • it’s worth taking Ulvar example and take Dire Bear for -Armor, i think.
1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrk5X5N - this is how i propose to change things with your current items, but again, if you are fine with you setup and you do 75-76 safely, it’s ok.

IN my experience, if pets don’t have mind control resistance (either by means of Nosferatis (belt) or Typhoos), pets are dead when you meat Sentinel.

Hellfire is worth 1 point as it provides d/a.

Getting Bloodsworn COdex will help you get Ground Slam to 17/12 and it gets Taunt feature = easier aggro management.

He can equip off-hand if he use ring or something with spirit then change once off-hand is put on :slight_smile:
Was thinking about adding infernal breath on my build too for DR, not sure how reliant it is though.
I used typhoon for mind controll resistance.