[1.1.9.3] The ATV - Aetherfire Templar Vanquisher

Like Evil_Baka said, you should be able to follow the leveling guide even if you play in Veteran mode. It will be slower than Normal difficulty since enemies will have more health and damage, and the extra exp might cause you to be a bit overleveled at the end of each section. Other than that though, everything else remains the same.

1 Like

veteran is just a bit harder, and getting high res and reasonable armor, and playing good matters more

1 Like

Really interesting build,just started working on it…I do however have a question

Wile lvling,the helm and the offhand both say they convert vires physical in to different elements,how does that work exactly?witch one aplies?does one overwrite the other?some clarification on this would be really apreciated!

Both of them apply, and then the conversion is scaled down to 100%. So with 100% Physical to Fire from the book and 100% Physical to Lightning from the helm, you would end up with a total of 50% Physical to Fire and 50% Physical to Lightning to Vire’s Might.

In practice though, you don’t really need to worry about the conversions since most of the damage in the build comes from Volcanic Stride and Aetherfire, not from the main skill itself.

2 Likes

Oh I see,thanks for the reply,so Volcanic Stride’s dmg doesnt even get affected by the modifiers to the main Vires ability

Thats good,I was a bit worried about the power of the build pre getting the set,as i reset my account and planed on farming it with this character

Similar reasoning regarding conversion is used on this build also [1.1.9.0] The Fakeuisher - Physical Skater Warlord

volcanic stride counts, as mentioned, like “skill inside a skill” and is only affected by “global” mods such as global conversion etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Leveled this build to lvl 63 in two days it surprises me how strong this build is. It honestly is the laziest build I’ve played though. I can just flick my wrist and press the right mouse button which is bound to vire’s might and run around the whole game its so fun!

i’m only missing the gloves, and wrapfire(i have the others in my stash), but what do you think of this?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aaQoX2

the gloves and boots fit perfectly, and give around 10 phys res as a bonus. they also let me use a good gargabol ring.
i also think a well roled gargoyl belt like the one i have(though could use a higher lvl), is better resist and conversion.

should i bother changing the items towards your build, or just wrapfire?

The items that I have listed in my Grimtools link serve as a baseline that’s somewhat easy to obtain, but if you have good MIs they will outperform that setup for sure.

The gloves and boots that you are using in particular are very good for Vire’s Might builds (in fact I use them on my physical skater build as well), but usually they lack OA which the build needs. Since you have lots of OA on your other slots though, I would say stick with what you have since physical resistance is hard to come by.

Warpfire is the exception of course, and you should definitely keep looking for that one. Not only does it have lots of damage, +skills, and RR, but it also has a bunch of casting speed as well. You’ll definitely feel the difference when casting Judgment/CT once you have it.

Overall, I would say your build looks very good. One last thing I would suggest would be to perhaps look for another stun resistance affix on one of your MIs to reach the cap, though that’s more of a personal preference and not a build requirement.

Hello,

The build is fun so far…just started Grim Dawn a couple of days ago. I have a quick question… As far as my attribute points go, how do I determine how much to put into each. In your general guidelines section it says 4 physique to 1 spirit…but in your grimtools link the build doesn’t look like it is anywhere close to that. I’m not sure how important it is but I don’t want to mess it up.

Thanks,
Justin

The 4:1 Physique to Spirit ratio is used while leveling, and should be fine to carry you through the game as a new player. Once you’re more familiar with the build and the bosses that you will be fighting, you can use a Tonic of Reshaping to put more of your points into Spirit for damage.

You can find Tonics of Reshaping from various quests, as well as from SR and Nemesis chests. They are somewhat uncommon, but generally you won’t need to respec your attributes more than once or twice on any given build.

Hey, thanks for the build. One of the most fun, if not THE most fun char I’ve ever had. One question if you don’t mind. I have both M. Warpfire and M. Grim Fate. I SO much want to use GF for the corpse explosion, but all my tests have shown that Warpfire is ahead in terms of damage due to the proc I guess. RR trumps everything after all. What would you say?

Thanks again.

Are you playing the Shieldbreaker variant? The RR from M. Warpfire is less noticeable on a Demo since they have Thermite Mines to compensate, and in that case I prefer the extra skill levels from M. Grim Fate. The corpse explosion proc is great versus regular enemies, but does very little against bosses who are both resistant to life reduction and often have no adds to trigger it. Also keep in mind that if you use M. Warpfire on a Shieldbreaker, you will need to switch to a +1 Oathkeeper belt instead of Chains of Ordas in order to maintain your hardcaps, which means that your Aetherfire loses a big chunk of its conversion.

If you’re playing a Templar however, I would usually go for M. Warpfire since they don’t get any RR from the Arcanist mastery directly. The casting speed also helps a lot when casting Judgment/CT.

These are just suggestions though, and at the end of the day I recommend playing whatever feels the best/most fun to you. Outside of very high end content, the differences don’t really matter that much anyways.

1 Like

Thx a lot for the fast reply! I am playing the Templar variant. M. Warpfire is ofc better for bosses, I just thought M. Grim Fate is better when you are zipping around cause you just run and everything explodes behind you. I guess I will go with the Warpfire. Thx for the awesome build again. I can’t play any other of my chars now :joy:

Hey. I’m currently transitioning from PoE and D3. I’ve just beaten Loghorrean, and i’m lvl 52, so a bit overleveled for your guidelines, I was checking every area with GD World Map and trying to get as much lore as possbile, so that’s why its a bit high. Now a question, is it a good thing or a bad thing? Mobs will have higher lvl, but me also, so my gear also might be weaker by the end of Normal. Going forward i’ll be doing also a completionist playtrough of both expansions, starting on elite i’ll be skipping areas that don’t matter and play the game more seriously.

Thanks a lot for the build! I’ve been playing it for a few days now and it’s been a total blast. It’s kinda hard to play my old characters now - they all seem incredibly slow.

One question I have is what would be the potential MIs to further optimize this build? You’ve mentioned a rare ring, but with M. Menhirian having +2 to both Vire’s Might and Tectonic Shift it’s hard to justify loosing at least one of those.

I’ve seen Mark of Harvoul on the physical Skater build. This would add flat physical damage, which then can be fully converted to fire by Zarthuzellan’s Archive. Wouldn’t this drastically increase our damage? And it has +3 to Tectonic Shift which should offset losing +3 to Volcanic Stride on M. Volcanum.

Problem is that you will loose +% fire damage, which the build is kinda already low on. M of Marvoul is - thanks to affix bias - not very easy to get fire damage affixes on.

Most damage on VM does not come from the direct hit, but the volcanic stride and procs.

Like Ulvar mentioned, Volcanic Stride (along with Aetherfire) is the main damage dealer here. Flat damage to Vire’s Might is nice to have, but it only applies once on the charge whereas Volcanic Stride continuously ticks and stacks with itself to deal massive amounts of damage all the time. Because of this, it’s very important to have Volcanic Stride hard capped at 22/12, while Vire’s Might and Tectonic Shift can be lowered if necessary.

As for MIs, you can try using the following if you have really good rolls:

Ring - Living Ring/Gargabol’s Ring
Pants - Solael-Sect/Dreeg-Sect/Grava’Thul’s Legguards (for +3 to Celestial Presence)
Belt - Gargoyle Girdle
Boots - Stoneplate Greaves (not technically an MI, but might as well be)

2 Likes

Finally got my PC up and running. I will be giving this build a shot, at long last! Been looking forward to this one man! Thanks for sharing it!

Hi, informative guide!

Will it function without the set throughout ultimate?
Or is it the set only viable build?

I like the playstyle, but dont have the set.

Cheers!