[1.1.9.5] [HC] High Regen/Lot of pets Ghol Conjurer (Callagadra 3min30, Ravager of Mind 1min10, Mogdrogen 1min20, Crate 40 sec, SR 75+, crucible 4min50)

Sorry for the late reply! Of course, as Maya already said, you are correct. I was thinking on my character/pets, should have phrased the reply better… :frowning_face:

Congrats on the kill! :partying_face: I don’t even dare to try it, yet.

1 Like

Good build and setup for sure considering it can deal with all hardcore bosses with the right setup

Questions I have about this build is if you have tried using the Deathstalker Relic for another invincible pet and its 10% aura reductions to three damage types: bleed, physical and poison. Though the drawback is it only scales with Player bonuses, not Pets and no +1 to Shaman skills so it may be weaker. If the relic included Pet bonuses as well, it would be a definite consideration over Primal Instinct

Also if 1.1.9.2 comes out, the set itself may be buffed in terms of dps and adding health to pets, but there seems to be a nerf in terms of life regen from the shield, tree and behemoth devotion. What do you think in terms of the changes?

Many thanks, but I still have to defeat Lady Callagadra ^^.

I didn’t try it (and for a good reason, I don’t have it on my HC account ^^ ). But while the aura is indeed sexy, I doubt it can compete with primal instinct. I am not sure about it because I have trouble to estimate pet damages, but I think swarmlings from primal instinct represent a large part of the damages of the build (even if those damages are not fully converted, they benefit greatly from the huge amount of flat damages.)

I didn’t try the beta 1.1.9.2, so I have no clue, I can only speculate. The buffs to flat damages in ghol set and ghol torso are of course welcome, as well as the buff to mogdrogen pact (which is maxed out in the build). I think the nerfs to health regen in almost every source of sustain in the build (including the shield) will hurt, but not that much. You can allways trade some point to invest more heavily in wendigo totem, or reach 17 in ground slam and let your briarthorn take the aggro. We’ll see ^^.

That’s true in terms of comparing the relics, never knew that mogdrogen’s pact also applied to pets as well other than the player since they described the change in general.

Also, I’m wondering what makes mythical necrolord gaze the ideal helm for this build instead of using mythical circlet of the great serpent for more flat acid/poison damage and has 1+ shaman skills plus one point in primal bond? Most likely, the necrolord gaze is for more bonuses for primal spirit considering the circlet is mainly for blightfiends.

To be fair, i’m not sure about the helm, and i’m not very happy about my choice, I’m sure there’s a better option somewhere. That said, I chose necrolord gaze over the circlet of the great serpent because of the general stats bonus (stun resist is always nice to have ^^).

1 Like

Some news about the build after the patch : health regen’s drop was harder than I expected, we went from 2k7 passive regen to 1k8 (from 4k5 to 3k3 when everything proc). Things are not that bad however, we gained some damages, especially from mogdrogen pact (more than I expeected). In the crucible, nothing changed with hp regen pharma, it is even a bit faster, but if you play without pharma, things are a bit harder and I have to use cluster from time to time on bad combo/mutators (or bad plays from me…), so I don’t think it is a suitable HC crucible farmer (without pharma at least).

Against ravager, you can still do it pretty easily, but you have to kite him more often, as a result you’ll kill him more likely in the 2min range (maybe 1"30 is still possible with luck and perfect play).

On a side note, I finally found a variant who can beat Lady Callagadra (about 3"30-4"00), BUT, it was not on my HC account, and it was with high rolls stuff and close to perfect MI. I’ll try later with cheaper alternatives and finally on my HC account when I am confident with the fight (with a video if I succeed). Any way here is the set up for Callagadra :
Dreamed version for Cally
We lose elem to acid conversion and the 2 little pets from the amulet, but they were crushed by Cally anyway so…With this amulet and helm both you and your pets reach 80+ phys res (with high rolls), we also invest in bysmiel bond and in wendigo totem, this allow your pets to survive long enough to position yourself during the fight (only the raven die from time to time). Please keep in mind it was with high rolls and perfect affixes, I don’t know of its doable with “normal” MI’s (but I’ll try).

Hello, @Poulpatine I’m an old Grim Dawn player, really old, but I’m back because it’s finally on console, XBOX. I’m using your build and think it’s great, but I can’t seem to figure out how you got some of your devotion stuff done. You’ve got 1 point in green and 1 point in yellow (sorry if that’s the wrong way to say that) and so far I’ve only been able to put 4 points into the Raven constellation to me. It seems if you had one point in purple I’d be able to do put points into everything else, but then the points wouldn’t spread out properly. So what should I do? Thanks. OK I just added up the points and if you just add up the colors on the left side of the screen it equals 41, so now I’m even more confused. The devotions weren’t in the game when I was playing, that’s why I had so many questions. Again, thanks.

1 Like

You can try them in this order:

1 in green
raven
1 in purple
cane (shepherds crook)
throne
1 red
jackal (dragon head)
bysmiels bonds
1 in blue
dog
behemoth
remove first red point
1 in yellow
lion
scythe
typhos
staff
remove jackal (dragon head) and the dog
mogdrogen the wolf
remove first points

2 Likes

Hello ! Sorry for the late reply ! I’m glad you enjoy the build, despite the changes in the last patch :stuck_out_tongue: . To be perfectly honest, I often mess around with devotions and I don’t remember exactly how I get this devotion path, I usually try on grimtool and find a way. That said, @Fictitious_Lord (thanks !) gave you a path that should work.

On a side note, you can try other devotions, behemoth and scythe are weaker now, I’m not sure if they are still worth it.

Hey, thanks I’ll give that a shot when I get home from work!

The reply was rather quick if you ask me! :slight_smile: I’ll give what @Fictitious_Lord suggested when I get home, thanks again!

1 Like

thx m8. can we change the shield for a better dps off-hand? either one wit ha more cool summon or just more burst to the currents :smiley:

is black hand the best to go with this build? i am not so sure about chaos conversion. if this isnt essential, can i take any MI or legendary?

The weapon gives an average of two extra pets to deal damage for you, the chaos conversion does not apply to your pets. You could pick another pet weapon but for this build the +2 to briarthorn along with the above mentioned pets is pretty good.

1 Like

You can, of course, use an other off-hand. The thing is, this shield was the build defining item xD. And it adds quite a lot of damage I think : 25 flat from blood of dreegs + 25 from mogdrogen pacts, on each of your numerous pets, not to mention the +3 to the aforementionned spells, which allow us to hard cap them (they have an increasing return in term of flat damages, so the value of the shield is actually quite high imo). And on top of that you have the huge amount of health regen it provides, even after the recent changes + physical resist if you have the right affixes. Since this character is in harddcore, for me it was the best choice, providing both high survivability and good damages.

That said, if you are not worried to much about survivability, you can try other options. The Bloodsworn Codex is very strong (but it’s better on a beastcaller build…), Gates to many worlds should be a good choice too.

I don’t know if there is a good option with a summon, exept the Gate to Many worlds. There is the Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh, but I don’t know if it is strong.

As @fizzo_man said, it is mainly for the extra pets. But there is a couple of good alternatives here imo. I don’t know how Salazar’s Sovereign blade performs now, but it should still be a very strong choice, especially with good affixes. There is also the Mythical Blightstone Invoker, which add damages and allow you to achieve 100% phys to acid conversion for pets. Mythical Black scourge helps with skill points, + the chaos resist for pets can allow you to run more agressive augments on rings (and on a lucky day, you can even proc those litlle pets, but it is very unlikely since it is YOU who has to deliver the fatal blow).

thxs for the explanation, ima just stick with your original build.

I do Callagadra video for u, vs Callagadra vs Mogdrogen
to fight with Calla, the Pet pierce res need over 30%, also high phy res. with base res also need high regen for Pet, so the 12level totem will give some help.

Before I try insect summoner with beastcaller set, but effect not verygood, Ghol is really goodidea, with good rr and high oa to develop insect summoner.

I like this Build, and I do some change for myself fun. but I think your is perfect, best survival with high pet attack speed.

My current regular GT setup

2 Likes

Many thanks ! You are one of those who inspired me, so your feedback means a lot for me !
Regarding your set up, I must admit I love the sand king amulet (and the bleed support with Rend devotion and 22 Primal Bond), and i’m still unsure if the blightshard is better. For the head slot, I’ve already discussed above about this helm, and again, I have trouble to evaluate which one is the best. One question however : you didn’t put a single point into primal spirit, is it that bad if you don’t heavily invest on it ?

Actually it was a development from two of your old ideas : 1) a fun Duskdeep86’s Ghol+Winter king trickster (and before this insect summoner I tried my own ghol+winter king conjurer here), and 2) a ritualist who used this shield ^^ : Duskdeep86’s Ritualist

Again, thanks a lot ! I’ll add your videos in the original post ! As mentionned somewhere in the thread, l managed to kill Cally myself with this set up : perfect green version, but it’s on my soft core account with stashed items, I don’t have yet an HC kill.

1 Like

if not fight with Calla, this is good choice, have 20% phy damage reduce, and 2 long-range Pets, long range is important, because no place for all 19 pets to attack one boss target.

1 Like