[1.1.9.1 - 1.2.0.3] Scream Ignorable - 2H Aether Righteous Fervor Templar [sr+][mi][vid]

Hello, top builders and fellow casual players! :grinning:

Looks like, another build is going to be posted in 1.1.9.1. But before I present it, a few words about some classes, if you do not mind.

Templars are awful. They do not synergize well, too points-hungry, fragile despite good stats on paper. I failed to build so many of them. Acid TSS one I deleted just not to see again. But Templar fails before my new hatred number one - Witch Hunter :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I will never touch that piece of thing again! But from that ragequit I received some inspiration (or dare I call it - despair) to make something viable of my last remaining Templar, that can be used in endgame. I could not delete it. Just could not.

Tirade is over. Let us talk about the build.

1. Grimtools link

Since 1.2.0.3 Aeon + Spear setup became obsolete, I use Rattosh path instead, with Ghoul, Dryad and Chariot constellation for sustain. The rest is usual for 2H Aether builds - Kraken, Widow, Revenant for consistent flat RR application etc.

2. In-game character stats
1.2.0.3_2HARFT_general_stats
general stats, only passive buffs are active

1.2.0.3_2HARFT_RF_breakdown
RF breakdown

1.2.0.3_2HARFT_magic_stats
magic stats

1.2.0.3_2HARFT_defense_stats
defense stats

3. Gear/Build explanation
Like Veilkeeper Spellbinder, this build has no optional gear. Many items are farmable/craftable, which is good.

1. Core items.
    Weapon. Scion of the Screaming Whale Veil. Provides Aether RF - our core ability, important bonuses to it, great %Physical Resistance to Maiven’s Sphere of Protection. Proc is amazing, helps with AoE.
    Set. Bonemonger. You want to play melee Aether Oathkeeper - this is the best set for it. RR is valuable (even though is scarce), proc also helps with sustain. We have enough OA, so no worries.
    Ring 1. Gargabol’s Ring. +3 to RF, %Bleed Res, OA. For MIs - look for OA, Acid and Chaos Resistances. Dread Lord prefix is the best (good luck obtaining it :smile:).
  2. Mandatory items.
    Ring 2. Band of the Eternal Haunt. Aether RR for a class without it is crucial (Battlemages are an exception in my opinion, they can stack great damage). Craftable.
    Pants. Leggings of Arcane Currents. %Physical Resistance, DA, Reduced Freeze Duration, points to Mirror of Ereoctes. Wraithborne Legwraps could be an alternative, but build became much squishier, so I discarded them. Yes, we need every bit of %Physical Resistance.
    Medal. Mark of the Dreadblade. Nice damage and %AS modifiers to RF, Fabric of Reality, %AS, great proc that petrifies enemies often (crucial against heroes and healers in SR). There is no better medal for this build.
    Belt. Chains of Ygraad. +1 to Arcanist, Reduced Freeze Duration, Pierce Resistance. Conversion is redundant.
    Relic. Agrivix’s Malice. Great Aether Relic with racial bonuses and constant AoE proc. Improves our Damage output significantly. Take it without a doubt.
    Gloves+Boots. Krieg’s. Again, a good combo for Aether builds. Good %Aether Damage, %Physical Resistance, points to Mirror of Ereoctes, another AoE proc from gloves.

Craft items with %Stun Resistance (if you are lucky - one with Stun, other with whatever you desire).

About Resistance Reduction. Total amount is ~84-86% (-15% from modified Guardians of Empyrion, -10% from Band of the Eternal Haunt proc, -35% from Widow constellation and flat 24 from Revenant constellation (26 if Smite procs :roll_eyes:)). Not great. Aether-resistant enemies are pretty sturdy (especially Reaper, Valdaran, Aleksander and Aetherial wisps). Arcanist side helps though. Be careful with Zantarin, you cannot leech from him, count every Dryad proc :laughing:

4. Gameplay
Charge through Vire’s Might or Korvan Swiftness (to apply its %Damage Reduction and proc Dryad), use Judgment for DA reduction and Revenant minions summon, kill everyone with RF. Procs will deal great AoE, do not worry about it. Nullification and Mirror for dire situations, Vire’s Might for movement across battlefield. Pretty simple.

5. Videos
Mad Queen (nullify her aura).

Kra’Vall.

Lokarr.

Morgoneth.

SR 75 full.

Avatar of Mogdrogen (old video) (pretty tough, used one Aether Cluster and healing tonics, potions are shown in video).

Ravager of Minds (potions are in the video - nullified later during the fight, no Aether Clusters, occasional healpots, kiting. Totems deal too much trouble! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)

Callagadra (potions are in the video, a bunch of Aether Clusters, occasional healpots, kiting. The build is so squishy against her, big tornadoes are awful, sands too unpredictable - usual Callagadra stuff :neutral_face:. Barely killed).

So, this is my last effort to make Templar work (for me). The build is okay in MC, dungeons, totem farming and Nemeses, more or less consistent SR running. But nothing breathtaking. Celestials are tough to deal with. Maybe in the future it will shine slightly brighter. Who knows?..

Thanks for reading :slightly_smiling_face:. Every comment is highly appreciated, as usual. Have a wonderful day!

Were you at my side, all along?

10 Likes

Reservation is completed :face_with_monocle:.

Killing ravager is a great achievement. One cannot set facetanking ravager as meta.

1 Like

True. But there is a huge difference between kiting (when Ravager pursues you) and aggro-abuse (when you run away until boss returns to its spawn place). In many games monsters restore their health when losing aggro and it is right, in my opinion. Not the case for GD. But it is up to Crate to implement such features.

1 Like

Hi!

Another build needs update for 1.1.9.4 patch. Or, rather list of minor changes it received. Here are they:

• Scion of the Screaming Veil: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Callidor’s Tempest to 35%
  • Krieg’s Grip: removed Health. Added 180 Aether damage modifier for Blitz.
  • Kraken: increased % Attack Speed to 26% and % Cast Speed to 10%
  • Scarab: increased % Armor to 5% and % Shield Damage Blocked to 24%
  • Haven: increased % Healing Increase scaling with rank to 22% by rank 10, 33% by max ultimate rank and increased % Health scaling with rank to 30% by rank 10, 40% by max ultimate rank

New Grimtools link: Templar, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator. All items remained the same, only got a better belt and removed a point from Volcanic Stride since it did nothing (I used Cord of Violent Decay first, so it was some damage back then). The build remained weak, in my opinion. Look at the performance here:

Still no damage, no defense unfortunately :frowning_face:. Still waiting for better days.

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:

This build remained almost the same in 1.1.9.6 patch, no new gear or mechanic implemented. Just some minor devotion/Oathkeeper mastery/Health updates. Here they are:

• Bonemonger’s Chestguard: increased Health to 444
  • Bonemonger’s Hood: increased Health to 455
  • Scarab: increased % Armor to 8%
  • Solemn Watcher: increased Physique to 25 and % Defensive Ability to 5%
  • Clarity of Purpose: reduced base % Crowd Control Resists to 12% but increased their scaling with rank such that the value at rank 12 remains at 50%
  • Haven: increased % Shield Damage Blocked scaling with rank to 40% by rank 10, 60% by max ultimate rank. Reduced % Health scaling with rank to 26% by rank 10 and increased scaling at ultimate ranks such that value at max ultimate rank remains at 40%.
  • Resilience: reduced base % Maximum All Resist and % Defensive Ability to 1% and increased their scaling with rank such that the values at rank 12 remain at 5% and 12%, respectively.

Have a nice day!

4 Likes

Hello, nice to see you! :slightly_smiling_face:

The build got following buffs in 1.1.9.7:

• Mythical Mark of the Dreadblade: increased bonus to Righteous Fervor to +3. Added modifiers for Cadence and Righteous Fervor.
  • Scion of the Screaming Veil: increased Aether damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 80 and its % Attack Speed modifier to 12%
  • Arcane Will: increased Defensive Ability scaling with rank to 200 by rank 10, 380 by max ultimate rank
  • Maiven’s Sphere of Protection: increased % Damage Absorb scaling with rank to 22% by rank 12, 32% by max ultimate rank

Not bad at all :grinning:. The build is almost the same - only relocated one spare point from RF to Presence of Virtue. Other than that - nothing new. Have a nice day!

Greetings!

This is 1.1.9.8 build update:

• Scion of the Screaming Veil: removed % Weapon damage modifier for Callidor’s Tempest
  • Kraken: increased Health to 500
  • Revenant: increased % Health to 5% and Health to 250
  • Solemn Watcher: replaced % Cold Resist with 18% Chaos Resist
  • Callidor’s Tempest: increased % Weapon damage scaling with rank to 115% by rank 16, 145% by max ultimate rank
  • Inferno: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Wrath of Agrivix: reduced Cooldown to 3.8s and the % Damage Modified to 140%. Removed % Weapon damage.

The build was adjusted accordingly by removing Callidor’s Tempest from rotation (since it cannot proc Time Dilation 100%) and replacing it with Judgment (it can proc 100%). Redistributed skill points, attribute points and changed some armor augments. The GT link was updated, as well as guidelines about timer resets. Have fun!

very bad …

Hi! :slightly_smiling_face:

A “very bad” build comes back in 1.2.0.3. Has it improved? Well…

• Increased Monster % Life Leech Resist. This makes % Attack damage Converted to Health less effective. On Ultimate difficulty, this is roughly a 30% reduction against an average boss. Defensive/healing abilities and Constellations have received a buff to compensate for this change.
  • Ghoul: increased Health Regeneration to 16 and % Health Regeneration to 30%
  • Rattosh the Veilwarden: added 45 Defensive Ability and 5% Physical Resist
  • Ghoulish Hunger: added % Increased Healing (Forgotten Gods only) and added % Cast Speed
  • Mark of Rattosh: increased % Life Leech Resist Reduction to -10%
  • Wayward Soul: increased Armor scaling with rank
  • Arcane Will: increased Defensive Ability scaling with rank to 250 by rank 10, 500 by max ultimate rank
  • Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange: reduced % Energy Regeneration scaling with rank to 60% by rank 12, 95% by max ultimate rank
  • Mirror of Ereoctes: increased Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Nullification: reduced Cooldown scaling with rank to 18s by rank 10, 8s by max ultimate rank
  • Ascension: increased Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Smite: increased base % Weapon damage by 15%
  • Vire’s Might: increased Travel Distance

As you can see, nothing amazing :frowning_face:. Now I use Rattosh devotion path with Ghoul, Dryad bound to new movement skill - Korvan Swiftness (provides AoE DR) and Chariot for sustain (Health Regen does not do any good for this class). Goodbye Aeon+Spear path, as well! :unamused: Updated the build and videos, added Minds-starved Beast and Daughter of the Sands battles.

The struggle goes on…