[1.1.9.3] The ATV - Aetherfire Templar Vanquisher

Hello.
Just want to admire your work on this build and mechanics behind it!

I’m deeply impressed.
I thought that volcanic stride just inherent the proc chance from VM. Again learnt something new.

Thank you !

1 Like

Thanks a LOT for this!

I started a thread not too long ago about this interaction between primary and secondary skills, as I was intrigued by your build and wondered if the same could be achieved with other skills.

We realised that secondary skills would not inherit the higher proc chance of the main skill, but I still couldn’t explain why your build did so well. Now it makes a lot more sense (and subsequently squashes my hopes to reproduce it with Heart of wrath)

As a side note, Do you know of any other skill in the game that works like this, besides BWC as you mentioned ?

Any skill that has flat damage and creates a ground effect should stack on top of itself, e.g. Sigil of Consumption, Grasping Vines, etc. There are also skills like Ravenous Earth which aren’t technically ground effects but still deal periodic damage in an area, and therefore stack in a similar manner.

1 Like

I meant that creates an effect that overlaps itself by default on a single casting.

I tested a few and even Thermite mines don’t do that (you could have 9 mines within range of a target, it would still take as much damage as if it was just one, and still only tick once per second)

I know the offhand/ medal is unrealistic, but I put this together in grimtools inspired by your volcanic stride builds. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gPjkKV The acid dervish version.

1 Like

Ah, sorry I misunderstood what you meant. There are skills that can “shotgun” and hit an enemy multiple times per cast like Phantasmal Blades, but as far as I know there’s nothing quite like Volcanic Stride. Ravenous Earth is probably the closest effect that you will find, in the sense that it’s a ground effect skill that shotguns enemies standing on top of it for a duration.

Looks good, though I would put 1 point in Blade Spirit to proc Acid Spray since you probably won’t have a lot of time to cast Biting Blades in between Vire’s Might. If you do decide to take the build for a spin, feel free to share your results here. I know @Silent_N made a similar build a while back, and he was able to kill Ravager with his version so the concept is definitely solid. I’ve also done a bit of theorycrafting with a Sentinel variant myself (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyG8mn2), though I haven’t actually gotten around to making it in game yet.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to make a Paladin version of this. I figured having AoC would help with RR, and placing Dryad on WoP would basically proc it every 3 seconds for a nice passive healing while you’re zipping around. OA and DA are lower, but Deadly aim should fix part of that and add more damage on top. I also had more points left so I capped a few more skills like crushing verdict and presence of virtue.

I’m not as experienced as you two, so it might be really lacking, but for what it’s worth:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLjaxLN

If you’re going Paladin, you don’t need the damage reduction from Light of Empyrion since you get it from Aura of Censure already. Instead, you should take those 7 points and pick up Elemental Storm to make up for not having flat RR from Inquisitor. I would also try to get a weapon that focuses more on Aura of Censure, e.g. Bloodlord’s Vengeance, as it is both a source of damage reduction and RR.

Something like this, for example:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jnypj2

Bloodlord’s Vengeance also adds extra uptime on Ascension, so you could consider moving points from Vire’s Might as you lose 1/3 of the damage due to the Lightning conversion anyways. You can also try using Inquisitor Seal and dashing back and forth between two of them to keep up the damage absorb buff, though I’m not sure how good that would feel to play in game.

1 Like

Will definitely try all this
I tried to stick really closely to your build at first, and change things as I went along, but this speeds things up a lot, thanks!

I did try it… and it’s … let’s just say it’s not for me :smiley:
It’s REALLY awkward

Hi !

First post here and new to the game.
Thank you for your build !

1 question tho : what order/ratio should i invest my attributes points to ? I tend to be split it equally.

Welcome to the forums and the game! As for your question:

At least to around level 70 or so when the build begins to put more levels into Inner Focus. Then you can put all of your remaining points into Physique.

The endgame setup can also respec primarily into Spirit (a.k.a. “spirit dumping”) for more damage, though you would need good gear to cover the DA loss from not putting points into Physique.

1 Like

Just a theory question. Hope anyone can help.
I played a few chars before and have 2 pieces of the vanquisher set, which only drop from the boss chest of 4 rough-like dungeon. I plan to farm the missing 2. Does this below method has higher chance to drop via usual target farming?

• Farming totem/other bosses to get atleast 10 legendary items.
  • Go farm the dungeon Transcendent Chest, because of duplicate loot, the game will reroll the legendary up to 10 times, which maybe increase the change to drop the set piece.
  • Restart the game session and repeat.

As far as I know, the Vanquisher set pieces each have their own separate loot tables in the skeleton key dungeon chests, so farming other legendaries wouldn’t affect its drop chance since there is nothing else that it could reroll into.

2 Likes

Alright, going to ask for a bit of advice on what improvements I can make while farming Vanquisher…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRdpGr2

So this was my first character I played before looking up crazy builds and all that, and I was playing kind of similar to this build just had no idea what I was doing. Anyway, I came across this build and remembered the vroom vroom being so much fun, haha… and wanted to revive it.

The build I linked is what I have currently. It doesn’t seem like a terrible start… all of the components and augments are kind of thrown together. I don’t even have all the factions at revered on this guy yet. I apparently didnt even do the expansions which I am going through now.

I tweaked a few things after a few Ancient Grove runs… and now seem to be running it pretty quick and more reliably killing the boss just fine. Since I actually ran out of Ugdenbloom, I figured this might be the best place to start. I am just stocking up on Ugdenbloom while trying to farm the shoulders, which will give me some more Aether conversion which I would imagine will help my damage. Also getting the factions maxed so I can better optimize my augments. I also threw on the White Lotus belt for now since I don’t have an amazing belt anyway, and this seemed good while doing my AG runs. Oh, and before it’s pointed out that I don’t have Calidor’s tempest leveled I just kind of realized I don’t exactly need it really until I get the full set. Just using my medal augment to proc the Heal instead for now, since I feel like I need the skill points, not having all the gear that gives more, etc.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone had any advice about any blatant big things I am missing or change that will help me better farm the vanquisher gear.

Also, I just have the chest piece for now from another character I suppose. Are these pieces pretty rare? I remember doing quite a few Ancient Grove runs on another character while just stocking up on Ugdenbloom, and apparently never got it.

Thanks!

It looks pretty good overall. Since you have Shard of the Eternal Flame already, you could consider using a Skybreaker Circlet for the extra CDR to Vire’s Might. Having a lower cooldown on Vire’s Might not only increases your mobility but also your damage as well, and will help you farm the set a lot faster.

The only other thing that I would mention is that since you don’t have the full Vanquisher set yet, you’re lacking a source of flat RR. Usually I recommend taking Rhowan’s Crown while leveling/farming and respeccing into Light of Empyrion later when you have the full set. Otherwise, certain resistant enemies like Shar’Zul can take a very long time to kill.

As for drop rates, they’re fairly rare (about 5% from the final chest of each dungeon). Depending on your luck, it could take a while to farm the full set.

1 Like

Hey thanks. Not sure what the Skybreaker Circlet is so I’ll look it up.

I completely forgot about Rhowan’s Crown… Definitely will spec into that since it will probably be a while til I get the set.

On the topic of resist stacking… I’m still not fairly certain I understand it. At first I thought you couldn’t STACK any of the same type of resist debuffs, but it seems that people do… is it just flat RR that you can’t stack?

Edit: Just looked up the circlet and it does look great… except one thing I don’t understand. I have 100% Phys to Fire on Vire’s Might, and the circlet has 100% Phys to Lightning… how does that work?

Also, would love to use Serenity but still haven’t found recipe so just using this one I made a while back for this character

There’s three different types of resistance reduction: X% reduced, X reduced, and -X% resistance. Generally speaking, anything in the game with “reduced” is a flat bonus and does not stack, while -X% does. So Eldritch Fire would (-23% Fire) stack with M. Combustion Band (-8% Fire) and M. Warpfire (-15% Fire), but Elemental Storm (32 reduced) wouldn’t stack with the Vanquisher set bonus (22 reduced). All three types also stack with each other, so the usual advice is to get a source of X reduced (what people generally call “flat RR”) and as many sources of -X% reduced as your build can afford. X% reduced is harder to come by for non-Elemental builds, and is not as impactful as the other two, so it’s often skipped.

For the conversions, the values are scaled up and then normalized to 100%. So 100% Physical to Fire and 100% Physical to Lightning adds up to 200% total, which scaled down becomes 50% Physical to Fire and 50% Physical to Lightning. This does mean that you lose a bit of the hit damage on Vire’s Might, but since Volcanic Stride deals most of the damage and you have a lower cooldown because of the helmet, it’s a net gain in DPS overall.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that clears up the whole resist thing for me, and the conversion makes sense.

I am aligned with The Chosen, and I can’t change at this point can I? I believe I have a character aligned with Death’s Vigil and would have to go farm the crown on them I suppose. First time running into this… haha

If you didn’t pick a side on another difficulty, you can do the quest to side with them there. Otherwise, it’s like you said, you’ll have to farm for the helmet on another character.

1 Like

Well I just farmed a few of them on another character… someone with only one charge from a medal augment. Holy shit I feel like a snail playing the game now.

Wow, Vire’s Might only went from .8 sec CD to .5… but it feels like the CD isnt even there anymore when charging back and forth real quick.