[1.1.9.1] The Freak Show - Acid/Bleed Pet Ritualist [SR 65-66] [Ravager of Flesh] [Mogdrogen] [Bourbon] [Vid]

Only the .gdc file or the char folder?

1 Like

only the .gdc file needed. will test and see how things go :+1:

1 Like

hey there. do you by any chance have any info on what order to get skills for this
please?

I haven’t played in years, and I have only ever played a vit damage occultist, so I am not sure what I’m doing here.

I just know I want to try a new build out.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! I hope you learn a lot from the community!

I always level by focusing on one mastery first. I’d go for Shaman and max the briarthorn and its skills while slowly progressing through the mastery bar. I throw 2 points in the main skill (Summon Briarthorn) and 1 point in the mastery bar. After Briarthorn is finished, i start throwing 2 points in the mastery bar and 1 on the Briarthorn skills (Ground Slam and Emboldening Presence). Once you get to level 50 on the mastery bar, you should max Primal Bond and the Primal Spirit. It is up to you to decide which one is most important to max first. After that, max Heart of the Wild and Oak Skin for survivability and Wendigo Totem last for Pet sustain during combat. The rest is just 1 point.

After you are done with Shaman, move on to Necromancer and work on maxing Blightfiend. I alternate 1 point in the skills and 1 point in the mastery bar but you can choose to max a skill before advancing in the mastery bar. Choose what makes you more comfortable. Only put enough points in Mark of Torment to have it at level 6 by end game. You don’t need to worry about this too much unless you are playing hardcore. The rest is just 1 point. If you have spare points by the end game, you can throw them into Mogdrogen’s Pact or Soul Harvest. That’s it. I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

thanks.

it seems all the builds I have been looking at include shaman :smiley: must be a popular class. I can see why though as shaman is great for a new build due to it’s mechanics giving it good DPS and health regen.

are there any good builds that don’t use shaman though, there has to be some, right? (like for any classes other than shaman)

1 Like

There lots of builds for several classes or class combinations. Some class combinations are weaker than others but all are playable. Shaman is just very user friendly and good for someone starting the game. Spellbinders (Arcanist + Necromancer), Conjurers (Shaman + Ocultist) and Infiltrators (Nightblade + Inquisitor) are really strong. Check the build compendium for a list of builds separated by each class.

1 Like

thanks.

my older build I was playing was a conjurer. I was going to continue with this to get through the game the first time, but it’s been so long since played, I’m just making a new conjurer so I can do the story from the beginning.

I was only at level 40 or something anyway, so not loads of progress.

1 Like

Hi, I am also doing this build right now, but I use Necromancer as a first class : 3.

1 Like

Blightfiend is the main Pet of the build so there’s nothing wrong with your choice. I prefer Shaman because it’s the mastery where you will be using most of your skill points and the 3 points per level that you get up to level 50 will make life a lot easier when it comes to leveling. Progress slows down a lot after level 50 so i’d try to get to Primal Bond before that, at least.

Hey, SLima. Is 30% RR from rumors is enough here?

The 30% RR from Rumor is essential but we also get 25 flat RR from Eldritch Hound (Bysmiel’s Command), another 20% from Devouring Swarm (equipment bonus) and another 10% from the aura of the Eldritch Talon.

1 Like

Oh shit, missed it somehow… Got to study build and equipment deeper then fast view)))) TY 4 the answer.

Didn’t you thougth about skeletons+briarthorn on vit damage? Wanna try, according to my thoughts about conversion and RR sources, should work…

I haven’t found any items that convert all physical damage from to Briarthorns to vitality. Marrow Band offers some conversion but it tops at 60% and you sacrifice a lot of better options in ring slots. If you go for this, you should probably focus on skeletons and use the Lost Souls set. If you go for double Briars, you are losing a lot of damage due to a lack of complete conversion. You will need to test it and see how it goes. Good luck!

1 Like

Bonescavenger Deathgrips for the other 60% :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, i forgot about that one. It is possible then. But the rings are a big sacrifice.

1 Like

I noticed that you are using low level augments on the rings and amulet. wouldn’t using Osyr’s Guidance be better?

1 Like

I’m using those augments to balance the resistances of the Pets. You can use other augments if you don’t mind weakening your Pet’s resistances a bit for more offensive power.

I’ve been really enjoying working towards this build and the general premise of it. Just checking to see if anything has changed, either from patches or evolutions in how you think about the build. Greatly enjoy the diversity of pets on offer.

1 Like

I’m glad you are enjoying it. I haven’t really updated this build since i finished it and not much has changed about it. The off-hand took a nerf, but it is still a key piece in this build. Feel free to ask any questions. Soon, i’ll start working in two new Pet acid builds to test the viability of the Mythical Blightshard Amulet which received a change in the current test patch that increases its conversion of elemental damage to acid damage to 100%.

New devotion setup and skill point distribution for improved defenses and AoE healing.

1 Like