[1.1.9.3] SSF Dreeg's Evil Eye Sentinel - leveling and beginner build

I’m not sure about the damage and tankiness difference between these two endgame builds - one I haven’t played at all and the second one barely :wink:

DEE build, guides uses green text, how can we not give this man bonus points for theme! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Nice work tqFan. A very in-depth beginner guide with great results to back it up. Interesting that you were able to push to SR 75 with the lvl 75 version of Dreeg’s set and such budget gear.

1 Like

Wow, lots of work went into this. As for the build, my 2 cents, I’m not sure you can afford Manticore with this cast speed and edgy (?) sustain, I’d still go for Revenant here.

1 Like

This is my strat to have GD last me till GD2.

I’m originally a Revenant guy on Acid builds (i.e. Acid WKM Witch Hunter), I started using Manticore being influenced by other builders. It does have 4% Phys Res and 90% Acid damage. Perhaps it could be better, I’d have to test it but I already have 16% adcth + Sigil + Bat + Ghoul.

Hmmm… Since Sandstorm has been nerfed I don’t think it’s worth it now.

Maybe aim in something like Caustic of Celerity
(or of Corruption - I don’t remember how frequently it shows at Vinelton’s):

YoloMouse_TDq0iRe2Jc

YoloMouse_9NSLZpGi8A

YoloMouse_s8ERjxhozp

It would fix my not maxed out Casting Speed.

1 Like

Can you reset-farm Vinelton on Normal and Elite difficulty? I was trying to reset-farm him yesterday on Normal and it didn’t work (I had never tried it on Normal before). I went to the previous level of the dungeon just like in your video.

Also, can you farm the same blueprints on lower difficulties as well? I was wondering if I could farm level 75 sets and other good items on Elite difficulty, for example.

Just tested in on Normal and it worked for me. Blueprint were there too.
Maybe try going a little bit further in the area without Vinelton / wait 10 seconds.

1 Like

I just tested it again on Normal and is working as intended and as you explained and showed in your video. Not sure why yesterday it didn’t work sometimes (maybe it was working and I was just tired or my game bugged).

So in theory you could farm Dreeg Set on Elite and use it earlier for leveling, but it might be too costly to craft it before Ultimate, not sure. It would be really fun to level with it though.

1 Like

you might have been too fast, when you transition to zone/load screen it seems there are variables, usually i just have to wait liek 10-15secs, but others have told me they need to wait up to 30secs or more before running back or inventory wont have reset - i’ve no idea why or what does it

1 Like

Yeah, I was not waiting any seconds at all, so that might be it. The funny thing is that today I didn’t wait either, but it worked. Guess my game upgraded lol.

Bookmarked this thread to give it a go later - I have been looking to try out DEE for the first time. TY much.

Also, I may steal your nesting format from you to use later. Lol :female_detective:

3 Likes

Can’t believe, I missed this build initially!

Looking at the new column in the beginner’s compendium - sort by author and there’s one by TqFan and I didn’t remember seeing it.

It’s very stylish guide obviously, with huge amounts of information and after long journey of buffs acid DEE Sentinel is fine build.

Also that book of yours in the screenshot s have really evil eyes. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I came back to my occultist, i love it more than my shaman. I’ll try your build it seems amazing.

Thanks

1 Like

Hmmm… I really enjoyed leveling the OP build (that’s why I even finished it) but I don’t think it’s as powerful as lightning builds.
Here’s @RektbyProtoss killing Lokarr in 24s with a beginner Ranged PS Druid whereas it took me 1min 6s to do it with beginner DEE.
Druid, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Hey there, tqFan. I met an opinion that DEE is probably the weakest spell in GD. But here in your guide i Can see very impressive results, so what have been change? Latest buffs of DEE make it much stronger?

Basically

I listed buffs from 1.1.9.2 in the guide. They are significant:

1.1.9.2 buffs to DEE
  • main nod’s damage increase:

• Acid from 252 to 300 (at 22)
    • Poison from 690 to 765 (at 22)
  • fixing Blood Burst not working reliably on main target (?)

• making DEE proc devotions on multiple targets not only the main one

• redistribution (and small decrease) of Blood Burst’s energy cost to Terrifying Gaze and Vile Eruption

• buffs to leveling items:

• Leafmane Horn off-hand new mods to DEE:

• full Vit → Acid conversion (not working on Vile Eruption)
      • Poison damage
    • Wendigo Barb:

• Vit → Acid conversion

and there were buffs before that. Still not the top, especially if you build more defensively like me, but good enough and I liked leveling with it even before the 1.1.9.2 buffs.

3 Likes

is non-ssf build updated? not sure why there is a change in off hand

The Weapon Damage off-hand is still better for the endgame build, conversion modifier added to the off-hand from the beginner build is not needed and are at 100% anyway with Rings of Shuroth.

thank you so much! gatta try out this build, more GREEN plz