Hello there, tried playing with someone today and we encountered some issues getting it to work. Here’s some details along with what we tried so far.
- We both have the game on GOG, updated to 220.127.116.11.
- We have AoM and FG, I have Crucible, she doesn’t.
- I had Grimarillion installed, but I created a vanilla character.
- I’ve played for a long time, she’s a more recent install.
What we did:
- First issue we encountered was launching the game. No issues on my end. She got a black screen when launching via the Play button on GOG.
- She tried disabling UPnP, deleting option.txt, running Repair.exe. Still black screen.
- She launched the game via the “Launch Grim Dawn” shortcut in the game folder. Game launched, but no connection to GOG, so no multiplayer access.
- We give up troubleshooting launching via GOG. We install Radmin VPN, and attempt to connect via LAN.
- Game appears in game list. She tries to join but gets “You do not have the correct database version to connect to this server.”
- We double check we both have 18.104.22.168, running x64, AoM and FG installed. I uninstall Crucible to be safe.
- We test hosting and joining in both directions. Still same error.
- We explicitly re-enable UPnP in option.txt. Same error.
At this point we gave up for the day. For now, I’ve uninstalled everything and deleted everything relating to user configs and saves (backed up tho), then reinstalled the game. We’re going to try again tomorrow, but would really appreciate some additional insight on what could be the issue.
Thanks for your consideration and for making such an amazing game!