[1.1.9.4] Blade(MEME)master Strikes Again! DW Chaos Ember's Calling Blademaster. SR 85/Ravager of Minds/Mogdrogen

Hi everyone. This idea came to my mind a long time ago and I even suggested Chao Cadence and Belgothian’s Shears mods should be on the same gloves for this; and it did happen though some chaos RF builds lost their %30 acid>chaos conversion and get mad at me and Z. Yes @XandeRoot sorry about that :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway I tested this one before and didn’t impressed by it but I decided to give it another shot and here we are. This time I used Chaos Cadence MI and resulted much better. Build struggles with AoE that’s for sure but it has well enough defense and good enough damage.

Image from the game with perma buffs, Deadly Momentum buff + Abomination and Dying God proc

Amulet crafted with Slow resist.

:damage_chaos: GRIMTOOLS :damage_chaos:

Build has -%114 Chaos RR, Revenant’s 24 flat RR and %20 average reduced from weapon suffix. Cadence tooltip damage looks very low but it’s because DW Cadence is in a weird situation, as I said before single target damage is okay enough, ofc not fast as Chaos Sabo or Old Rah’zin WH(Or even Chaos Witchblade but not sure since I never tested it myself) but AoE is pretty bad. Only 4 target Cadence and WPS that’s all which makes it cancerous to play sometimes.

Gear choices are obvious. Only pants are not BiS and I used it to get physical resistance mainly.

Devos are also usual Dying God and Abomination. I did wanted to get GG for some AoE and better lifesteal but it’s impossible without giving up Ghoul.

SR 85 Complete Run

Go 7:30 to see Reaper fight.

SR 75-76 Complete Run

Ravager of Minds Kill

No chage maded. It was a hard combat, used everything came into my mind.

No change maded. Used OA, Health and Lightning resist consumables.

Thanks for reading, any comment & feedback is welcome

8 Likes

i see Blademaster, i like :ok, no matter how meme :grin: m maybe actual bonus points for cancerous meme? :thinking:

1 Like

Have you tried using Rahzin on blademaster? Lack of RR but you could get every WPS converted to chaos and maybe save points in cadence line if using ToC ?

Did tested a while ago before Ember’s set presented and it was pretty bad but no need to compare them now either since Whirling Death and Zolhan’s Technique modifiers does not worth -%47 RR and ToC is pretty weak for now. Thankfully Z will reverse the nerfs but again why using ToC with Blademaster?

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this build, it’s crazy that this concept of chaos damage blademaster performs as well as it does, even Reaper of the lost with corrupted mutator in 75-76 was no trouble, and I haven’t even levelled the devotions to max yet. Great job @fordprefect

1 Like

The grim tools won’t load for me, but other builds will, has it been taken down?

Yes, somehow it doesn’t work. Try this Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

Great build! I converted my Cold Blademaster to Chaos following your guide and it has noticeably improved, however it’s still far behind yours–I don’t have all the gear yet. I’m lacking the Ember’s Call helm and shoulders. Also, I don’t have a Night Whispers Ammy. So I have to improvise with what I have. However, I think if I get those items mine will perform close to yours. Here to link to what I have so far Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator Please, Let me know what you think. @fordprefect

1 Like

It’s okay to use what you have and adjust components&augments accordingly while you farm for complete gear so use whatever fits for you to keep farming complete Ember’s Calling set on SR. Just overcap your resists. But I think you can farm Servitor’s Corruptor on main campaign, it’s a must use for the build. It’s hard to get correct double rare affixes but Void-Touched/of the Abyss would be enough.

Ok, thanks for the advice buddy. I’m better off than before, but I’m still back to farming for gear to complete my build. I must be the most unlucky farmer alive, because completing sets seems impossible unless I get extra pieces to convert into other pieces I need. That seems to be the only way I can complete a set. Thanks for responding. Cheers!

@fordprefect

Yeah? 10/chars

1 Like