[1.1.9.4] Physical Retaliation Spam Aegis - NERFBAT WORLD RECORD (16h) CR 4:30 average, 5:43 naked EX CR, Ravager 2:20 but CAN'T DO SR 90 DEATHLESS (feelsbadman)

All they have to do to raise tankiness is raise DA to 2800 and get 30% all resist over maxium

Iā€™m saying these values were the final v1.1.9.4 values that didnā€™t get synced, not some sneaky last minute fix submitted cause a build got posted.

Got that. So thatā€™s why I donā€™t see any new patch notes with thet latest update.

So Iā€™ve got a bit of time in my hands and not in the mood for making a new build, tested this one. Went from 4:30 average to about 4:45-4:50ish. Best run so far 4:22

#deadbuild #deletedischaracter

1 Like

Why only 1 point in Aegis? Why not the focus on acid retal on gear?

1 point in aegis because more points doesnā€™t add anything meaningful to a retal build. I didnā€™t stack any weapon damage for it to be useful.

Acid retal focus is because conversion from one damage type to physical is the only way to play physical spam aegis since the conduit which enables spam converts all native physical to pierce. You can do lightning and convert it with say, beronath sword or sandspitters but the most efficient is easily acid to phys.

I dont seem to be getting how the conversion works on this build. I guess there is a global conversion that overwrites the conversion to acid from some items?

The belt converts half of acid to physical and this is where the phys retal scaling comes from.

1 Like

hi. Iā€™m making this build rn. only missing some affixes on the MI:s. really nice build and solid performance. How would you compare this one to the one you mentioned that your friends did, in terms of offense/defense? the light and acid ones, with aegis spam. could you show me how they geared and skilled the acid retal aegis spam build?

60%, cause toxic gdshashing cruci builder stuff and stuff :scorv:

The most important affixes are celerity on rings and gildam arcanum on medal. Other than that, you want as much conversion as you can on the belt (while keeping resistances up of course).

As for the other builds, This links to mad_leeā€™s acid version. Look at the second latest post by supertolik, which is the latest update that includes spam aegis.

@banana_peel also has an acid one and a lightning one, just look for it on his youtube channel cause itā€™s gonna be buried by now. He does a ton of builds.Bananaā€™s videos are pre nerf tho, Iā€™m not sure he uploaded a post nerf vid. All I know is that playing crucible (and only crucible), this personally had the best timers compared to the others but your experience might change.

1 Like

The fastest is lightning. It was 3:49 before the nerf, now over 4 mins.

That was hybrid right? Pure retal was 4:20ish

Why not just build all phys though? How does that work out? Is there a way to actually make this poison/acid?

You mean just use straight phys items instead of conversion? It doesnā€™t work cause conduit converts all phys on aegis to pierce.

If you want to make an acid build refer to the build by mad_lee I linked above.

Yeah, I meant straight phys items vs acid to convert

Hi there :slight_smile: Is your hybrid rata aegis archon still good after nerf? And is your gear bis? (Archon, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator from your yt channel) or something can be changed? Like i donā€™t understand why these gloves for example, just lucky seraph + celerity affixes? And after all howā€™s your version compared to this phys one?

At first I thought this question was about my phys one which was posted after nerf lmao.

Pretty sure banana posted an updated run for that build on his youtube a couple months ago. It shouldnā€™t be that buried cause the guy took a gd hiatus shortly after that.

Post nerf it should be lightning hybrid retal > acid pure retal (if someone actually bothered minmaxing it) > phys pure retal > lightning pure retal

Edit: Literally his second latest upload

Nice, thank you! Did i understood correctly, that cast speed (celerety suffix) is priority on greens, and they are better than greens with good prefixes?

Yes, as long as you resistances stay capped and OA and %lightning donā€™t go too low, say 2700ish for OA and 2000% for lightning