This is my latest “meme” build, a Fire Cadence Commando who utilizes Sunherald’ Claymore, which i always wanted to use. I planned this build on grimtools, and numbers looked suprisingly good and i just had to build it. Build worked exactly i was hoping, not incredible but definetely good.
As with most unconventional builds, this build requires a good amount of rares. You can absolutely change a few of them, but the build will probably become mediocre. The weapon itself is a must, i have rolls (only single Rare affix) that provides great flat damage here. Belt i would say required for Soldier points as most our points are in that class. I’m using a Kaisan’s Burning Eye for mostly Soldier skills too as other Soldier amulets doesn’t provide much useful stuff. Pants are here for offensive ability and Deadly Momentum bonuses. Medal can definetely be changed with something else. Serenity is the best choice for more Soldier Skill points while providing other useful stuff.
Devotions can be tweaked as always. I picked Sailor’s Guide with my last few points to have some more CC res personally as i hate being slowed for too long. Solemn Watcher can be changed with Panther as the build already have great DA. Giant’s Blood proc just works great with Blast Shield and the build have only ok (9%) Lifesteal so i wanted to have another instance of sustain.
Some Points about the Build:
- Check your Blast Shield proc and utilize/enjoy your 6 second window of near-invulnerability.
- You have Blast Shield that also procs Giant Blood, which fully heals you, and for a duration you have decent (over 1k+ Regen) if you need to run away while a lot of DoTs on you. If that too fails, you have Menhir’s Will and Serenity procs waiting too.
- Build have 82% Resistance reduction + 20% Flat from Viper, Ok for a Fire build but not great. Some monsters, especially Humans can annoy you, but nothing is invulnerable to you.
- Build doesn’t have good Phys Res for a melee (18% in my case with high rolls) but have 19% Damage Absorb and 3.6k Armor. You shouldn’t take massive damage from a single source.
- War Cry have only 66% uptime, you can go with Cocktail but it needs a lot of points plus DR amount is lower and i find it clunky here. Completely personal choice.
- You have a CD Fire Forcewave, how cool is that? It’s not amazing but should be buffed a bit next patch and it’s useful as an AoE nuke. Also your Blitz, even with 11 Points deals good amount of damage while initiating.
- You have 200% Cast Speed that means smooth as hell animations. Just something extra but helps with the flow of gameplay.
Thanks for reading. Burn em all!