This is the followup to my Solo Soldier build. While many other class combos can complement the concept, I thought Witchblade was the most fitting because of the the minimal investment on the Occultist side and the range on Curse of Frailty.
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting DoT build able to easily take down the hardest bosses in the game, this build is for you.
Forcewave sheet damage
some juicy internal trauma crits
Dummy kill in one combo: [22.214.171.124] Trauma Witchblade vs Dummy - YouTube
**Skills, Attributes and Devotions**
This is a full cunning dump build. Spend enough points in occultist mastery to match jewelry spirit requirements and enough points in veterancy to meet armor physique requirements. Rest is pretty straightforward.
Devotion page is a little different this time, mainly because we can use Curse of Frailty to proc Bull Rush, which is useful to clear trash mobs. It’s important to grab all the “flat” internal trauma available because it scales quite a bit. Completed Crab for the elemental resist this time.
- The core of the build is Earthsplitter + Grey Knight for total damage modifier.
- 3 piece Octavius gives everything we need for the build. Make sure you have a good flat IT roll on the helm.
- Thanks to @The_Coyote for reminding me that Rah’Zin’s gem exists. Clearly the best option here although it makes it harder than using Avenger of Cairn to properly overcap resistances.
- Double physical rr rings, nothing to see here. High poison roll on Black Matriarch can be useful because of the conversion from the belt.
- Bob Ross pants is once again the best option for a physical build.
- Belt is very hard to get, but in reality any “Resistances Ugdenbog Girdle of Supremacy” will do.
- Boots have to be Earthshatter if you don’t have “of Supremacy” on belt, otherwise any physical boots will do.
- Relic could be Deathstalker, but +1 soldier is too much value in my opinion + doomforce is useful to proc dryad.
All Celesials were done without any pharma except health and energy pots.
[126.96.36.199] Trauma Witchblade vs Mogdrogen - YouTube unironically the hardest Celestial because he doesn’t care about physical resistance. I swapped some augments to lightning resist for the fight but I was at 72% overcap instead of the needed 80%. Oops.
[188.8.131.52] Trauma Witchblade vs Ravager of Minds - YouTube As long as you don’t try to tank the eye debuff in phase 2 you’re fine
[184.108.40.206] Trauma Witchblade vs Callagadra - YouTube Easy Callagadra kill
[220.127.116.11] Trauma Witchblade vs Crate - YouTube 3 hits this time
Chunk 3 and boss room showcase. Farming range is comfortable but the lack of DA starts to show in deeper shards.
With such high cooldown on forcewave, I don’t see how this could perform well. Maybe I’ll do it later, for science…
- Isn’t DA a little low? Yes, but given the amount of physical resistance and armor, critical hits have not been an issue for all reasonable content. Lack of DA becomes apparent in later SR shards and against big DoTs.
- Don’t you need more sustain? Not really. Forcewave does so much damage than even a single cast through a pack of enemies can heal you significantly with only 3% lifesteal. Dryad+Blood of Dreeg also go a long way, as long as you don’t mindlessly facetank anything you don’t need to.
- Do you really need that much OA? Yes because DoTs need high crit chance to really be effective.
Have fun and remember to say no to reflect mobs if you don’t have double titan plating.