[1.1.9.8 – 1.2.0.2] Build Overview - Fire Retaliation Commando (SR75-80+)

Given that the patch literally came out yesterday, no clue. Haven’t even gone over all the item changes on GT yet. But my guess is, probably not, going over the GT link nothing significant has changed for the worse, only regen for the better as far as I can tell, so if anything the build should be more immortal than it was.

1 Like

Just did an SR80-81 with the build, everything works just fine as is. Ended the 81 boss room with a triple pull of Kubacabra, Iron Maiden and Moosilauke and it wasn’t a problem. Build also comfortably ignored any Sunders I’ve encountered in the run. The only notable change is that the proc on the weapon is now on attack, not on kill, making the build faster in the boss room.

2 Likes

I suspect it’ll will do good against The Manifestations of Hunger too, they’ve been majorly buffed and now are a potential run ender for less tanky builds. Reminds me too, I need to level this lawl.

btw - that Dreadknight version of your vitality blade arc build I’ve been messing around with is now in a really good spot. Need to run more SR80-81 to see how it handles the Manifestations, with it’s still obscene adctch it should be good. Maybe even 85-86 good :3

I dunno, I was majorly disappointed by the Howl of the Wendigo changes. I thought the 60 extra flat damage would do some work but the sheet DPS has literally moved by 5k damage. That’s an improvement by an entire 2 %. That’s pretty pathetic. The removal of knockdown now finally makes Blade Arc an actual good AoE skill but the damage output could still use work, given that the build’s working with the most resisted damage type on a single RR mastery. All the build’s getting for committing to Vitality on Soldier is 200 flat.

1 Like

I’ve been feeling that fact on my Warder version - gets 190k sheet dps with Blood Pact + Dying God but it’s often bloody slow to kill bosses due to it relying solely on blade arc for damage. And this is despite it having over 100% RR for vitality: Warder, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I think if I shift points and try either of the 2 solider exclusive skills I might be able to push damage higher as any flat physical get’s converted, but even staking shatter souls that might not be enough to make it more solid.