[1.1.9.8] Pierce Brosnan: 4:20 Crucible 150-170, SR90, all content+ resilient pierce caster Infiltrator [c+][sr+] (+bonus build inside)

Very possibly in buffed/bannered Cr.

But IMO, I find melee dodge (when stacked high enough) to be very effective in nem waves of naked Cr. Really mitigates damage spikes from hardhitters like reaper and fabius’ SS.

pierce runes can be very successful with nadaan’s reach. i’m also about to test pierce foi.

2 Likes

Update: Bonus Build

Added a meme bonus build to the op: Guy Pearce: Rimetongue Pierce Infiltrator.

It’s worse than original build, but it works. Here is a video of 6:12 run I have managed with it.

2 Likes

And here is a video kindly provided by master-pilot @Plasmodermic, a very fast 5:09 run!

1 Like

Decided to play this Pierce Magician a bit and managed to pull out an amazing run out of the hat. Beats fastest run with this build (done by Plasmo, mister Flash himself, by two seconds).

And decided to try it with a budget helmet (went with Mythical Cowl of the Assassin) option:

About 10-20 seconds slower on average, but still very strong and fun. Added to the op.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the cool build. Wondering, based on the Grimtools attribute point spread, how you get enough physique to equip all the gear?

Hmm, yeah that was what I thought, but when I GDstashed the build to test it out the two crafted pieces with +3% phys weren’t bringing me above 712 with 31 attr. points invested, but I guess I may have missed something. I will take another look at my setup

Yeah it does, but I believe it has the highest phys requirement in the build, so I had to invest a bunch of extra attribute points to equip it, at which point my phys shot up way higher than I needed. Maybe I can get around it by temporarily socketing some +phys components just to get the boots on?

The trick is pretty simple actually. Just buy a shoulder or a belt or pair of boots from any vendor with huge physique roll. Equip it to equip Final March in a way that if you unequip it Final March adds enough physique to support itself (so when you unequip vendor physique gear piece you have 712+ physique that is required for Final March).

1 Like

Thank you! I knew there must be something like that. Appreciate the tip

Thanks!

What nerfs? They have actually been buffed with Chaos res in recent blue items buff patch.

That really sucks if that’s true. Why were the buffed in the first place? Just to nerf them? Same story as with Stormreaver, it used to have +1 to Inquisitor skills but then for some reason Zantai buffed it and made it +2 to Inquisitor skills but then he nerfed it leaving it with no Inquisitor skill bonuses at all.

But then guess what boots will be gutted next then. And I really prefer Final March for their phys res.

You answered your own question of why they are getting the axe. Top tier builds using only FM boots everywhere and random people back to back on a single day asking questions about why half the builds they looked at were wearing only these boots. Doesn’t take a genius to know that’s going to raise his eyebrow.

1 Like

It’s true they are among the best boots, and it’s also fair for devs to not want epic boots as BiS for so many builds.

So here are two obvious questions:

• Why were already popular boots given an additional res in the previous balance pass. What’s going on with the balancing? Looks like a dartboard play.
  • Why are the boots with relatively low armor and reasonable generic bonuses so popular? Is it because the present blue and purple options are weak for so, so many archetypes?

The same issue we have with the pants, actually. The most popular options are Harmony and Tranquil - two pairs of pants with good generic bonuses. Another one is Barbaros that can often be found on a build with no phys or bleed in it.

Both with boots and pants we have generic items beating the crap out of most niche items relevant to the archetype.

I hope the boots selection will see a major overhaul in 1.1.6.0. Otherwise after the March nerf everyone starts wearing Magelords, then they will be nerfed - and we are back to the Stonehide of Kings meta. How exciting…

No surprise here. Just usual crate nerfing every popular items and skills.

Nerfed from the stash and right into your hearts.

2 Likes

I think it’s more because boots and pants are not item defining choice, so ppl just like to use the generic one, or to cover their defense. Especially because most of the set already take chest and shoulders slot, and gloves are used for its item skill mod.

Other specialized boots/pants is not that bad, it’s just not enough to cover the holes of the build in CCres or other defensive parts. Offensive boots/pants are rarely used unless your build have the luxury having core items that have covered all the holes.

Don’t worry Zantai, I will still love you… :heart::broken_heart:
There’s no game that has taken my time this much since Yu-Gi-Oh…

1 Like

To say that’s overstatement will be putting it mildly :man_facepalming:

I used them probably in 10% or so of my builds, not even my most used boots. Excellent generic boots, but the real reason why you see them is slow resistance is extremely important in Crucible and it’s very rare in set pieces and it’s not provided by Ulo buff.

What’s surprise me is that Final March was added chaos resistance last patch, only to be nerfed, possible removal of core stats - physical resistance or slow.

Blue focused patch will achieve the goal of toning down useful blue items and making them all equal, meaning solely a replacement for the legendary gear. But even then that will hurt mostly budget non GD stash builds, because Final March are common drop. Situation pretty much is the same with Beronath blue amulet - it was used in 4-5 end game builds, which can replace it easy and by almost ALL beginners builds, which rarely have something good as replacement.

In the big picture, nerf to Finals = nerf to defense + buff to offense. Because just about everyone who used Finals will now use Magelords.

Inb4 magelords get hammered too :grin: