[1.2.0.3] Rahn's Rocket: 4:10m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, SR 75-76 (SR 100), Celestials killer lightning caster Sorcerer [vid][cr+][sr+]

Thank you, that is the answer i was looking for

[1190] UPDATE

GRIMTOOLS

posting on leeā€™s behalf, not my words and bla-bla-blah

1.1.9.1 Build Update

Unfortunately this build (as well as Lightning damage as a whole) has been hit by numerous nerfs so the previous version wasnā€™t good enough anymore.

However, after tweaking it and testing various skills and gear combinations I have found a spec that once again can answer all the challenges that game throws at it.

<<<< GRIMTOOLS >>>>*

*Craft for freeze resistance and physique

**For deep shards and Celestial fights invest into Mirror until 7/12

Videos

Shard 90 run, no deaths, 7:14

Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:29 run

Crucible Gladiator 150-170 ā€œnakedā€ extra spawn 6:05 run

Ravager kill 5:23

Crate kill 57 seconds

Callagadra kill 5:53

In Conclusion/Feedback

(https://i.imgur.com/zV1XzeC.png)
It feels like I am beating a dead horse here but despite numerous requests Barrelsmith pistols were never updated with QoL caster weapon stats. This build for example has to use Mark of Illusion and Arcane Spark to manage Energy and that is on an Arcanist with 1500 in Spirit and additional cast cost reduction. Playing them comfortably on Elementalist or Purifier will be almost impossible.

And I am not even mentioning all the trade offs a player has to make when he uses two pistols instead of dagger/scepter + off-hand on a caster: much less global CDR, no %Energy Regeneration, no skill points, less %damage.

8 Likes

Still strong in 1.1.9.8

Crate of Entertainment kill yesterday

Nice! Thatā€™s the really old spec though, I am going to update it soon I think. What were your exact grimtools btw?

Oh, the nostalgia! Itā€™s been a long long time ago.

This is how I min-maxed it last time I played it:

1 Like

Ha, nice, sizeable increase in dps. My goal was Crate kill (58 seconds I think?), farming SR75-76 + full crucible, all of which it handled with ease. Even with the old spec, not min-maxed. Timeless build! (for now)

1 Like

yeah, that thing can really do some damage :smiling_imp:

1.2.0.3 Update

During the top20 testing @banana_peel and me brainstormed how to do Barrelsmith Sorceress the best so here it is. Find the updated grimtools in the op.

Here are some videos with current buildā€™s performance:

This looks like a lot of fun and Iā€™m leveling a sorcerer with this as my end goal.

Iā€™m just wondering how grenado works with WPS? I donā€™t see anything in the tool tip or on gear that indicates itā€™s capable of proccing wps. Am I totally missing something? Is it an unspoken mechanic like how Stormrend lets you primal strike without a two handed weapon? Or am I just off base completely?

No, itā€™s much more mundane than that: you press grenado on lmb and when it goes on cooldown game thinks that you are pressing white attack basically. Which in turn triggers wps.

Oh wow. Iā€™m an idiot. Thanks for the response! Itā€™s been fun leveling this one up so far.

1 Like