[1.2.1.0] Aegis of Retirement: 4:30 Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Shard 90, Celestials, tanky Lightning retaliation caster Archon + couple of bonus retaliation builds by mad_lee

Does it convert the physical damage you get from your retaliation damage?

Absolutely.

@Bas Without it, Physical on Aegis would be fully converted to Pierce by the conduit. Although the % Pierce and Lightning Retal are the same from what I see, the build has nearly 100% more Lightning RR than Pierce RR so it’s gonna be useful, especially for ranged enemies for which Aegis damage is a bigger part of your dps. % Lightning is also higher than % Pierce for non-retal Physical damage on Aegis skill that’s also converted.

1 Like

@mad_lee @tqFan cool thanks.

So if I understand correctly, retaliation damage itself doesn’t get converted by damage conversions, but it does if it’s added to your attack. But % attack bonuses don’t apply to it? (As that would double with the % retal increase)

retal is affected by conversion

What do you mean by that?

Here’s some info on that in Retaliation chapter Malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners - Google Docs it might not answer all your questions but will give you a better feeling for GD mechanics. I’d even suggest to read it fully.

2 Likes

If you have a global +200% fire damage it doesn’t apply to fire retaliation damage. And I assume this is still the case when it gets added as attack damage? (the guide didn’t mention it)

Thanks. I have read this before years ago :smiley: I’ve read through it again.

1 Like