[1.2.1.0] Thor, the Strongest Avenger: 4:20 Crucible Gladiator 150-170, Shard 90, Celestials, the ultimate melee - physical Archon; last build by mad_lee + unreleased builds

What augments are you using? Sorry if that’s a silly question. I can’t see if they’re in the grimtools link on mobile?

I really hope you are asking because you are an xbox player and not because you can’t wait to look it up yourself when you are at PC. :grin:

Augments are Arcanuum Dust - rings and amulet (10% ele res, 35% all damage 70 DA) Potent’s Bysmiel Shroud on a weapon (25 Aether flat 120% damage 60 OA). Armor augments are whatever makes resists meet.

Yes, thank you! I don’t own a PC :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

How viable/tanky is this after the 1.2.1.0 patch? I see that phys res is nerfed across the board for the avenger set and the MI pant’s formidable prefix is completely reworked so that it provides no physical resistance at all.
I’m trying to do this build as a relatively new player and I’m having trouble finding adjustments for it.

Im not a veteran but I played it before the patch and also now: I switched turtle for the tower and go on with formidable pants. Build easily farm SR80, and even if it has been nerfed, I don’t feel it. To be honest I farm higher shards now than before, but Im pretty sure that veterans will find some extra adjustements to further adapt and improve it.

Gonna update it today, but pretty much what Capa said.

I swapped Turtle for Solemn Watcher and despite one too many nerfs it still feels extremely solid. Maybe not a top10 or top20 build anymore, but definitely a top build still.

Likely a stupid question, but why is watcher superior to turtle? The skill remains pretty good despite loss of phys resis. Is armor combined with da that meta now? Thanks!

No stupid questions here!

Turtle had its phys res and hp removed so it lost quite a bit of value, especially for no %cdr builds (before it was a slam dunk choice for most builds). For melees current patch offers a lot of opportunities to scale DA and it’s wise to take them. Like this build already had decent effective DA thanks to Judicators proc and Azrakaa devotion’s proc, adding Solemn Watcher makes its DA another very effective layer of defense. And we get it without sacrificing any damage.

EDIT: plus Physique on Solemn Watcher is basically cunning which means moarrr OA and damage.

1.2.1.0 Update!

Unfortunately new patch brought nothing but nerfs and this build while still being good probably would lose its top20 spot had we done the testing in 1.2.1.0.

Changed Turtle to Solemn Watcher, because it felt better overall. Find the updated grimtools in the op. Here are some videos with build’s current performance:

1.2.1.0 Shard 90 full run one death

1.2.1.0 Ravager 1:26 kill

2 Likes

EDIT: plus Physique on Solemn Watcher is basically cunning which means moarrr OA and damage.

Sorry but what does this mean? It’s not like Solemn Watcher converts Physique into Cunning.

Any extra Physique we get on builds like this we can convert into Cunning. Basically if I need 662 Physique to equip all gear, I will likely put just enough points into Physique (on a Physical or a Pierce build) to reach that number. If I switch to devotion (or gear piece) that gives me more Physique (like Solemn Watcher here) it means that I can put less points into Physique to reach the same 662 number and more points into Cunning. More points into Cunning = more %physical damage and OA.

1 Like

That makes sense, thanks!

2 Likes