1.o.o.8 healing / defensive devotions

I am having a hardtime chosing healing / defensive devotions for my gunslinger pyro . I picked up SailorGuide (thanx Norzan) and now im debating myself between giant blood , turtle shell and dryad blessing. what would you guys recommend?

And what about wayward soul or ghoulish hunger?

What would be optimal for gunslinger pyro i 1.o.o.8?

Max blast shield is on almost all the time so i guess this is a good defesive buff to have.

Well, why not using both, chariot and giant?
Chariot will give you OA and healing proc, giant - flat health and (again) healing proc, they both give to you red and green stars that required Ulzuin Torch

In 1.0.0.8 i changed my brimstone gunslider pyro devotions tothis

I wouldn’t recommend to anyone turtle shell or dryad, maybe its just me but I find them somehow meh compared to other defensive options.

I can understand that turtle shell isnt that good. While the rest of the constellation is good the skill itself isnt that good, 2700HP isnt that helpful in ultimate.

But why is dryad “meh”? The skill has a really low CD of 4sec, if you bind it to something like doombolt it has a 100%procchance so idealy every 4sec you heal for 8%+350HP.

If we dont take Dryad and Turtle I would end up with something like this:
/build/1008-9l56id (cant post links <_<)

It doesn’t heal for much and you need 5 pts to reach it, but again its just my opinion.

P.S. Cant open your link.

Dryad’s heal is decent, not the best

But agreed on Turtle, it’s a shit constellation and needs to be removed from the map. Or atleast remove the skill and make the last node give us some hp/physique

Because that’s effectively about 2% max hp per second. Maybe 3. That you have to use on cooldown, or that effectiveness diminishes. That is 300 hp5. That isn’t scaling with your actual HP 5 multipliers. Also, the point return on Dryad is a 5 for 3, which for a T1 devotion is absolute shit. Few builds want Order either, it’s a really lackluster devotion point typing.

Thanks guys for the feedback!

In 1.o.o.8 I noticed for me defences are a huge issue - I changed my setup to defensive and took me…10 lvls to clear up Fort Valbury :frowning: I went from clvl 50 to 60 :frowning: for the final Outcast quest. Anyway I went from 0 to revered with outcast just clearing the damn place all over again. It was not like this a few patches back.

Anyway, I feel i will need gun / shield switch - what shield would you recommend for dire situations?

Shield wont help you much on GS pyro imho.

Yeap - learned it hard way about the shield…