[1.1.8.0] Albrecht the Tank - tanky fire AAR Templar, SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to make another AAR tank - this time fire AAR with my favourite class combo - Templar. Tankiness comes from 10 % ADCtH to AAR from amulet and off-hand. Additional healing is from devotions - Bat and Scales - partial conversion from vitality and pierce to fire (rings and belt). I also use healing increase mechanic - base is 20 % + all crafting bonuses are to it (up to 32 % total) and Resilience increases it even more (up to 52 % total). Build is comfortable to play. You don’t interrupt AAR much - only Ascension and Judgment need to be used with it. Build kills fast and is relatively tanky. It is not as tanky as my other two AAR tanks (aether and chaos). It kills faster than my chaos AAR and less fast than my aether AAR build. It can do SR 80.

I have other laser builds here. I have other fire casters here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my laser builds from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Albrecht the Leech – great build, aether AAR, powerful both offensively and defensively (quite tanky)

2. Albrecht the Chaotic – great build, chaos AAR, offensively noticably weaker than Leech, defensively a little weaker than Leech (this one is very tanky but slower)

3. Albrecht the Mental – great build, elemental AAR, offensively a little better than Leech, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic

4. Albrecht the Tank – good build, fire AAR, offensively similar to Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Chaotic (but better than Mental)

5. Olexrian Judge – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, physical Obliteration, offensively noticably weaker than Chaotic, defensively noticably weaker than Tank

6. Judge Obliterator – good build, physical Obliteration, offensively a little weaker than Olexrian Judge (the weakest offensively of my laser builds), defensively a little better than Olexrian Judge (but a little weaker than Mental)

7. Albrecht von Frozenstein – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, offensively similar to Tank, defensively noticably weaker than Judge Obliterator

8. Albrecht the Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire AAR + OFF, similar to Frozenstein both offensively and defensively

9. Pierce Mage – OK build, pierce Obliteration, offensively a little better than Judge Obliterator (and a little weaker than Olexrian Judge), defensively a little weaker than Frozenstein

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2joAJnV

Build uses two green monster infrequent items - Alexander’s Legguards and Pulsing Shard. You want bonuses for OA, DA and fire damage. All crafting bonuses are to healing increase.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 200k - 230k

nice crit damage - 67 % (with Elemental Imbalance 85 %) - I often see crits with above 3x multiplier

OK OA - lower base OA around 2900 OA (with Ascension and Inspiration close to 3100 OA)

158 DA reduction to enemies from Judgment + Annihilation

capped cast speed (with good rolled items)

OK fire RR, up to -85 % - fire RR from Elemental Storm (or Scales), Guardians and Solael’s Witchblade

DEFENSE

OK life above 13 000 HP

OK DA - above 2900 DA (with Inspiration above 3000 DA and with Resilience above 3200 DA)

55 OA reduction to enemies from Annihilation

% damage absorption from Maiven‘s Sphere

% damage reduction from helm

flat damage absorption from Ascension

OK physical resistance 29 %

lower armor above 1650

high CC resistances

maxed resistances with reasonable relatively decent overcap

healing from Bat and Scales (conversion from pierce and vitality to fire)

Mirror of Ereoctes

Nullification

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs only

Albrecht%20the%20Tank%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Ascension, Elemental Imbalance and Inspiration

Albrecht%20the%20Tank%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

SR 65-66 is easy. It can even do SR 80. Fighting Grava and Ekket’Zul in SR 80 is very tough but doable (you will have to kite them).

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

2 Likes

Do you have a leveling guide for this build?

Until level 35 I would use a fireball from component + OFF, from level 35 use skill from conflagration relic + OFF, from level 94 you can switch to the build. There are many other options.

2 Likes

I have seen almost ALL of your builds Duchy, I like some of them, but i find that most of your builds arent good in crucibal. I really wish you could try to make one because I feel like you have so much potential but the builds are half done. Still thanks for the builds.

1 Like

That is because I don’t care at all about Crucible. I never played it and I don’t plan changing it. I also don’t see any point playing past SR 65-66. It is easily accessible and good for farming and you can buy SR set also. Anything above this reduces greatly possible combinations for builds. There are enough of smug ‘elitist (russian)’ builders already. Try their builds for CR. I prefer main camapign and I don’t even like SR that much but it is good for farming and to complete your char you need SR 50. So instead I play SR 65-66 - you complete your char and have access to all items. If char points and SR set weren’t in SR I wouldn’t even play it and just stick to MC. I don’t like much this modern nonsense like CR and SR.

Also I am now taking some time off from gaming but I will be back sometime in the future.

1 Like

I am retesting my older builds for SR 80. I revisited this build and it can do SR 80 easily.

I don’t like to play SR much but SR 65-66 and SR 80 are easily accessible. So I will from now on test my builds in SR 80 as well.

thanks for this build Duchy, are you from Holland ? I don´t play Crucible and no SR so far either.

1 Like

Czech Republic.

Is this build still viable?