[1.1.8.0] Two Chilled Spinners - high DPS DW melee and shield melee EoR Dervish, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

I decided to build another spinner - this time a cold version. Natural way to do it is to use Nightblade as a second class to Oathkeeper. I use two Chillhearts as weapons and a Chillheart with Gravetouch shield in second version of the build. Both builds are very similar in itemization to each other and to my other spinners as well. Both builds have the same devotions. They have lower base OA but are still OK offensively. Both builds kill Kuba and Mosi relatively fast. No boss is a problem for either of them and they do SR 65-66 relatively easily. They are both offensively very similar and defensively the shielded version is a little better.

I also have other spinner builds here. I have other shield builds here. I have other cold melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my spinners from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Yugol the Insatiable – great build, cold + acid VR, use of dual damage is good, offensively good and defensively strong, ease of gameplay is OK despite using both CoF for RR and Lethal Assault for buffs

2. Aether Spinner Oppressor – great build, aether EoR, offensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

3. Gyroscoper – great build, physical EoR, offensively a little better than Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little weaker than Aether Oppressor, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

4. Twilight Spinner – great build, aether + chaos EoR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Oppressor, defensively similar to Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

5. Yugol of Twilight – great build, aether + chaos VR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR

6. Aether Spinner Templar – good build, aether EoR, offensively a little similar to Yugol of Twilight, defensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner (but a little better than Gyroscoper), nice gameplay

7. Chilled Spinner Shielded – good build, cold EoR, offensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Gyroscoper, nice gameplay with passive RR

8. Chilled Spinner – good build, cold EoR, similar offensively to Chilled Spinner Shielded, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner Shielded, nice gameplay with passive RR

9. Aether Spinner Shieldbreaker – good build, aether EoR, offensively similar to Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

10. Spinning Inferno – good build, fire EoR, offensively similar to Aether Opressor, defensively a little weaker than Aether Shieldbreaker, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

11. Spinning Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire EoR + OFF, offensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Inferno

12. Chaotic Spinner – OK build, chaos EoR, offensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, nice gameplay with passive RR

13. Yugol the Hungry – OK build, cold VR, offensively smilar to Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR + CoF (Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

14. Skywalker – weaker build, lightning EoR, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Yugol the Hungry, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

15. Spinning Immortal Army – weaker build, acid VR + pets, offensively similar to Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Skywalker, nice gameplay with passive RR

Version 1 - DW melee

GRIMTOOLS
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxw4Yp2 recommended version
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOGkKdN offensive version

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguard and Gargoyle Girdle. You want bonuses to OA, DA, health and resistances. Crafting bonus on ring is to freeze resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 280k - 340k

lower base OA - above 2850 OA (OK OA with Ascension - above 3200 OA)

55 enemy DA reduction from Annihilation

good critical damage 53 % (71 % with Elemental Imbalance)

good cold resistance reduction from Murmur, Veil of Shadow, Revenant, Ravager’s Deathgaze and Eternal Haunt (ring) - up to -95 % + Viper

damage from devotions - Revenant and Murmur

DEFENSE

OK life close to 14000 HP

OK DA - above 2900 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 281 OA reduction to enemies from Veil of Shadow, Rumor and Annihilation

good CC resistances without Ascension (capped CC resistances with Ascension)

capped disruption resistance

reasonably overcapped resistances

+4 to max all resistances with Resilience active

nice physical resistance 32 %

low armor - above 1800

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

flat damage absorption from Ascension

OK lifesteal 16 %

healing on standby from Pneumatic Burst

Ghoul

Blade Barrier

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst

Chilled%20Spinner%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst, Elemental Imbalance and Ascension

Chilled%20Spinner%202

Version 2 - shield melee

GRIMTOOLS
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zLAoaZ recommended version
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1vbPnZ offensive version

I used two Monster Infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguard and Gargoyle Girdle. You want bonuses to OA, DA and resistances. Crafting bonus on ring is to freeze resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 260k - 320k

low base OA - close to 2900 OA (OK OA with Ascension - around 3250 OA)

55 enemy DA reduction from Annihilation

good critical damage 53 % (71 % with Elemental Imbalance)

nice cold resistance reduction from Murmur, Veil of Shadow, Revenant, Ravager’s Deathgaze and Eternal Haunt (ring) - up to -108 % + Viper

damage from devotions - Revenant and Murmur

DEFENSE

good life around 14000 HP

OK DA - above 2900 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 281 OA reduction to enemies from Veil of Shadow, Rumor and Annihilation

good CC resistances without Ascension (capped CC resistances with Ascension)

capped disruption resistance

reasonably overcapped resistances

+4 to max all resistances with Resilience active

OK physical resistance 25 %

low armor - above 1800

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

flat damage absorption from Ascension

OK lifesteal 16 %

healing on standby from Pneumatic Burst

Ghoul

Blade Barrier

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst

Chilled%20Spinner%20Shielded%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Pneumatic Burst, Elemental Imbalance and Ascension

Chilled%20Spinner%20Shielded%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

Both builds do SR 65-66 relatively easily. No boss is a problem. SR 80 is tough for both because cold resistant nemesis are very hard to kill otherwise it is OK.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 66

image from SR 66 for the DW melee version

image from SR 66 for the shield melee version

4 Likes

I have updated both builds with two new versions - slightly better version in almost everything and an offensive version.

I have updated both builds with slightly changed versions. I changed movement skills. Dark Desires for Shadow Strike and Vire’s Might for Amatok’s Breath. Amatok’s Breath is superior because it allows you to freeze packs of enemies and especially arcane heroes. It also applies nice frostburn damage to them. After all changes both builds are now very similar offensively and defensively.

1 Like

I’m just getting into the game, I have nothing and only messed around a touch at low levels, I like the idea of these spinning builds it reminds me of the whirlwind barbs from D2. Is this a good build for a beginner with no items or would you recommend I start somewhere else, thanks :blush:

Eye of Reckoning is not begginer friendly. But if you really want to play this way then focus on lightning and elemental damage (EoR has fire and lightning, convert the physical to something elemental). Use elemental weapons and % elemental damage bonuses on items, don’t forget about resistance reduction (huge thing in GD). Chillhearts can be obtained easily in ultimate but to get two you will need two characters in ultimate. From level 94 it is possible to switch to this build. Also there is a weapon that drops from Father Kymon and it converts physical to lightning damage to EoR. It is not a good pick as a first build. I would recommend to search the forum for ‘beginner build’ or ‘beginner friendly’.