[1.1.8.0] Scion - 2H melee aether Spellbinder, easy SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to create a two handed melee aether Spellbinder using the Krieg set and the Scion of the Screaming Veil. I already have a similar build here with a Death Knight. As main damage skills I rotate a couple of nukes - Will of the Fallen Kings (Vire like skill from rune), Bone Harvest, Reaping Arc and Krieg’s Wrath. These nukes have all nice AoE and their cooldowns are OK for rotating them all the time. For life sustain the build has nice lifesteal and Siphon Souls. The build fully converts vitality damage to aether using the Scion and a monster infrequent belt. SR 80 is easy.

I have other aether melee builds here. All my builds are here.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqwrq82

Build uses one monster infrequent item for conversion. It doesn’t really matter what affixes you have. I have chosen the best so that they are not double rare. Crafting bonus on amulet and medal is to stun resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

high base weapon damage

you have 4 nukes that deal a lot of single target and AoE damage

nice critical damage 48 %

good OA - around 3000 OA

nice aether resistance reduction from Spectral Wrath, Arcane Bomb, Mythical Band of the Eternal Haunt and Scales (or Krieg’s Wrath) - up to -91 %

damage from devotions - Spear of the Heavens, Arcane Bomb, Revenant, Imp and Korvaak

DEFENSE

big life 17000 HP

OK DA - close to 2900 DA

up to 257 OA reduction to enemies from Siphon Souls and Arcane Bomb

nice lifesteal 26 %

lifesteal from Siphon Souls

damage absorption from Maiven’s Sphere

damage reduction to enemies from Ill Omen

OK CC resistances with crafting bonuses

reasonable overcap of resistances

at least +3 to maximum all resistances

lower armor - around 1900

OK physical resistance 25 %

Mark of Torment

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage

Mirror

image from the game with passive buffs only

Scion%201

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 80 easily. No boss is a problem - not even Reaper. Just use Mirror and Mark of Torment and you will be fine. I don’t push my characters higher but it can go higher if you are a skilled player.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

3 Likes

I like the build. You would get a lot of boost from taking 1 point in each of the callidor line though… its long cd for big hit. The transmutor on boneharvest is a must for two hand as well since you wont lose any flat damage, but will gain a big damage multi
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrw0XGN
I took points from blood boil, but if there is somewhere else you would prefer thats your call

1 Like

BH is optional - I like the range more. But I will try CT - I did not go for it because it deals low damage generally. The problem is the number of buttons you have to use on the build. I have already not taken Nullification because of that.

I tried CT instead of Aether Corruption because I can’t stomach one more button on this build (I have a certain number of buttons I am comfortable playing with and this build is at the limit). It was weaker in SR. Don’t know why (maybe worse devo binding due to dropping Aether Corruption).

1424197673_991454552

4 Likes

I don’t use it all. The last two potions are on buttons I don’t use. You know shit as usuall and comment none than less. Typical of you.

1 Like

Maybe you didn’t know that, but you can use kotkeys to use potions and free up space on the panel

Hot keys - another button - not decreasing number of buttons. Maybe you didn’t know that.

1 Like

I heard that 5 fingers is enough to use more than 10 buttons in game

Not comfortable for me.

1 Like

Do you have a reason for using Harbinger of Souls instead of Reckless power as the exclusive skill ? Considering the flat aether from Reckless power. I also play a Aether spellbinder at the moment so I’m curious ^^

The 13% ADctH is very important for life sustain here

2 Likes