[1.1.8.1-1.1.9.0] Spin The Bottlemage (Spellscourge + Yugol's) [SR75 farmer][Celestials]

cuck
Title obviously a tribute to u/afanasenkov26’s bottlemage build.

Update 2: 1.1.9.0

Overall the build got a little stronger I’d say. It’s even easier to farm 75-76 with the boss changes, you have to think even less. May try pushing SR a bit. Items didnt change meaninfully at all, apart from the prismatic diamond cooldown and mark of the voracious one getting more armor/block. Main changes are devotion-based.

Updated grimtools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyXr8eV

Changes

• Skills: Moved a point from IEE to elemental balance for that sweet 2% crit. Dropped mental alacrity and fabric of reality for 2 more points into menhir’s will.
  • Devotions: dropped stonemaiden for phoenix+hawk (more crit, more flat absorption, 4% phys res loss), dropped ghoul for menhir’s bulwark for yet more absorption.
  • Itemisation: Ditch hexxer’s kiss and bysmiel’s shroud for coven’s terror

Overall
Offense

• OA +40
  • Crit 25% -> 45% (which is pretty great with our fat OA
  • -12 flat aether (lol)
  • -15% chance for (0.35 * 15)% reduced resistances (nice)

Defence

• DA +100
  • +80 armor
  • +300 hp
  • A nice ~170 flat absorption proc and a nice ~400 flat absorption proc
  • -4% (= 1% due to scaling) lifesteal
  • Loss of ghoul (which gave us around 26% life steal due to yugol’s scaling, plus the phys res).

Toying with the idea of ditching the chest/helm component for a titan plating if i can get overcaps in order. May also ditch menhir’s stone-form to play around with turtle. Or maybe an offensive devo. Iunno. Could be worth putting points back in physique to avoid crits in 75/76, with the new scaling.

Update 1

Thanks @Monceaux for the following tip:

<GRIMTOOLS LINK>

• Pull out points from conversion, fabric of reality, scars of battle, and overload. Stuck em in Iskandra’s Elemental Overload for more flat and energy help.
  • Moved some points from physique to cunning

Tried some superbosses. Added to the main post.
<OLD GRIMTOOLS LINK>

<1.1.9.0 GRIMTOOLS LINK>
Older grimtools links can be found in the update sections above.

Throwing this build out there in case anyone finds it interesting (though it’s not particularly innovative). Perhaps someone can do something nice with it. Haven’t bothered pushing SR or any of the other build benchmark things, but 75/76 boss rooms are pretty easy without much cheese (by which i mean, you can take on 2-3 bosses at a time, but not always the whole room), and celestials are pretty simple (apart from callagadra who is kite city).

SR

A dozey 80 (1.1.9.0):

Braindead 75/76 farming (1.1.8.1)

Celestials

No respeccing/equipment swapping needed. If you’re new to the fights like I am, it may be prudent to carry around a couple aether clusters.

Mogdrogen

Facetanked with the help of a stormshroud ointment and an aether cluster that I probably could have done without if I wasn’t overly cautious when he got me to 50%. Nothing special to do here, just hold down RMB for maybe 7-10min?

Ravager of Flesh

Update 1.1.9.0. Facetanked. Main thing here is just to dash out when he does the red pool thing. Again probably held RMB here for ~4-6min.

Callagadra

Kite city. Clear the area first. No pharma, apart from the usual aether cluster. Drop devastations while kiting, and pop in for some tanking when mirror is up or your hp-based circuit breakers are there. Watch out for the tornados. Took just under 20mins.

Mad Queen

Nothing scary, facetanked without the aid of big pharma. went down in maybe 15-30s?

Playstyle
Spin and war cry while you drop rocks on people.

Features

• Decent sturdiness: 36% permanent (thanks for the correction @Ricardi0) + 90 flat ~permanent damage absorption + 170 phoenix proc absorption + 400 stone form proc absorption , ~45/4500/40 block, 30% phys res, ~4k armor
  • Decent damage (~100k crits with devastation)
  • Decent leech: 18% with overguard up + 8 on voracious reach. 3% from devastation
  • 4 circuit breakers (mirror, turtle, menhir’s will, prismatic diamond)
  • 3.3k OA, 3k DA (swap around phys/cunning to your leisure)
  • One-hand friendly (Whack voracious reach on RMB, then GDAutoCast devastation, war cry, and overguard on it)

Misfeatures

• Could be nice to have more damage
  • Yugol’s on this feels a bit memey, but it saves a ton of skill points on an otherwise starved mastery combo, and also keeps enemies nicely in place.
Background

Started out with experimenting with bone lance as the main damage dealer. After figuring that was pretty crap, and wanting to try out a spinner for a while, I thought why not just whack on yugol’s, some acid conversion kit, and call it a day. Turns out spinning in place with some good leech goes well with a long-cooldown dropping-rocks-in-place skill.

Gets the job done.

Skills

Unsurprisingly for spellscourge, most damage comes from ultimate-capped devastation. Voracious reach does contribute some decent damage but is mainly there for 1. keeping enemies in place while devastation falls on them, 2. leeching, and 3. fun.

Equipment

Nothing exciting here.

Main aims

Reroll the set pieces until you hit some stats you like. Ugdenbog girdle is ‘easily’ farmable by running ancient grove and hitting up the vendor while you farm for stuff for better builds.

There’s room for flexibility in the weapon, legs, shoes and belt affixes. The +1 soldier and targo 2pc is nice on the weapon, but other things could be nicer, like a sick aetherscorched cleaver. Pants easily substitutable by some nice MI ‘of Kings’. Boots can be anything really, as long as it fills in the gaps.

Stick on whatever augments and components work for you. I’ve thrown in arcanum dust and marks of illusion on the rings as it helps with energy and more OA/DA. The ancient armor on the legs feels a bit wasteful, given absorption is capped without it. I recently swapped out restless remains in the gloves for spellscorched plating to help overcap ele by more.

Devotions

The thing I’m most unsure about. This setup works but a lot of azrakaa feels wasted, especially that flat pierce. I’d be tempted to give bear+jackal+anvil a try, or maybe even guardian’s gaze, or maybe even blizzard. The world is your oyster!

Central parts, are assassin’s blade for RR, ulzaad for damage, obelisk for absorption. Turtle’s a nice circuit breaker but can probably be swapped out for other stuff if you want.

Levelling

Level 2H soldier with forcewave, or olexra+trozan’s arcanist. Give the forum a browse for start builds. If you get your hands on a well-rolled Inashkor’s Head and Decree of the Circle of Five, then you can try lancing away, incrementally adding spellscourge pieces until you have a solid 4pc.

Main things I’d look to improve/experiment with:

• Devotion map - I don’t think azrakaa is doing much work here. With the use of flat phys from some parts, bear could do good work.
  • Equipment - room for a number of better pieces - weapon, boots, belt, legs.
13 Likes

Nice build. Isn’t it slow in killing? I have tried physical DW Yugol Witchblade and even with 180k DPS it was slow even for my tastes and I am no CR player. Or is Devastation doing most of the job here?

Devastation definitely does a lot here. I’d say 2/3 of the damage or more, to the extent that I’m not sure whether the damage loss due to crit from ditching reforged oleron’s belt outweighs having the acid damage unconverted without the ugdengirdle. Having higher conversion certainly helps defence-wise though (more adcth).

1 Like

% damage absorptions stacks multiplicatively, final absorption will be 36.09%

2 Likes

TIL, thanks for the info. Updated OP

Hardcapping IEE would provide a little more flat for Yugol, and the energy leech should fix your tight sustain.
I think you can afford going harder on cunning, it’s a battlemage and more than 2.9k DA feels a little overkill, and the build would remain an absolute unit of a tank.

1 Like

Spinners scale more with % damage than with flat but that is on IEE as well (but not physical). It will help with the energy regen.

Hah, @tqFan’s program made it to a figure of speech! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice, really helpful suggestion. I’ve pulled points out of conversion, fabric of reality, scars of battle, and overload. Much better. Haven’t tried it without the energy components yet.

On another note, tried a few superbosses for the first time in ~800h, didn’t do any respeccing/swapping out equipment as I’m not a fan of that. Everything was tankable apart from callagadra who required kiting between bouts of circuit-breaker availability. Used the odd aether cluster:

Mogdrogen

Facetanked with the help of a stormshroud ointment and an aether cluster that I probably could have done without if I wasn’t overly cautious when he got me to 50%. Nothing special to do here, just hold down RMB for maybe 7-10min?

Ravager of Flesh

Facetanked with the help of a royal jelly salve as this dude gives energy the succ, and a cautious cluster. Main thing here is just to dash out when he does the red pool thing. Again probably held RMB here for ~7-10min.

Callagadra

Kite city. Clear the area first. No pharma, apart from the usual aether cluster. Drop devastations while kiting, and pop in for some tanking when mirror is up or your hp-based circuit breakers are there. Watch out for the tornados. Took just under 20mins.

Mad Queen

Nothing scary, facetanked without the aid of big pharma. went down in maybe 15-30s?

2 Likes

Incredible results !
Lokarr and Crate are left and you officially beat the game :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Overall the build got a little stronger I’d say. It’s even easier to farm 75-76 with the boss changes, you have to think even less. May try pushing SR a bit. Items didnt change meaninfully at all, apart from the prismatic diamond cooldown and mark of the voracious one getting more armor/block. Main changes are devotion-based. Probably want to shuffle some points out of cunning and into physique to avoid crits.

Updated grimtools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2z80mAZ

Changes

• Skills: Moved a point from IEE to elemental balance for that sweet 2% crit. Dropped mental alacrity and fabric of reality for 2 more points into menhir’s will.
  • Devotions: dropped stonemaiden for phoenix+hawk (more crit, more flat absorption, 4% phys res loss), dropped ghoul for menhir’s bulwark for yet more absorption.
  • Itemisation: Ditch hexxer’s kiss and bysmiel’s shroud for coven’s terror

Overall
Offense

• OA +40
  • Crit 25% -> 45% (which is pretty great with our fat OA
  • -12 flat aether (lol)
  • -15% chance for (0.35 * 15)% reduced resistances (nice)

Defence

• DA +100
  • +80 armor
  • +300 hp
  • A nice ~170 flat absorption proc and a nice ~400 flat absorption proc
  • -4% (= 1% due to scaling) lifesteal
  • Loss of ghoul (which gave us around 26% life steal due to yugol’s scaling, plus the phys res).

Toying with the idea of ditching the chest/helm component for a titan plating if i can get overcaps in order. May also ditch menhir’s stone-form to play around with turtle. Iunno.

Updated with a few bits:
New devo map: stag->turtle, as a pretty decent circuit breaker given all our defensive layers and the lack of high %wd stuff for leech
Re-evaluated ravager (no pharma), and did a quite dozey sr80

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRPBg02